No USA in fantasy or fiction?

Is the real problem with many fantasy worlds that no place represents the USA? 
I was thinking on another issue<linked below>, and in the post script a truth hit me. It isn't that fantasy is limited. Anansi/Grimms/Monkey King/Quetzecoatl all show, all races of people have tons of fantasy worlds or characters made totally in their own light. 
But, it occurred to me, the USA doesn't have a fantasy representation. The USA has science fiction, but not fantasy. Science fiction looks to the future by default. Now you can argue, Star Wars proves me wrong as it is technically an ancient fable. But, star wars isn't fantasy.  
I use what is going on with the video depictions of Tolkien's or George RR Martin's worlds as clear examples of the dysfunction of trying to make fantasy worlds USA like. In truth, Tolkien or Martin's worlds are not white exclusive. They are segregated, they are common human history. Blacks/Africans/non white europeans are actually in Tolkien's or Martin's world if you read carefully. 
But, open pulpit, tell me what fantasy world is like the USA in its inception. I am not talking about versions or variations or science fictions that include magic, ala comic books of the usa. 
Now to this group. I find a large percentage of Black people in the USA, not the world, not all humanity, but the USA alone, seem to want to force fantasy worlds to be like the USA. Why is that? 
I grew up with Black fantasy that had no one but black people in it, or a few white devils. But, the Black fantasy I grew up with as a child had no multiracial makeup. They were unapologetically black. 
I have never needed Black characters pushed into white fantasy worlds after such rearing. Is that the key to why so many blacks in the USA want blacks pushed into white fantasy worlds? 
Your thoughts? 
https://aalbc.com/tc/profile/6477-richardmurray/?status=2029&type=status

The first reply I received from somewhere online

I think that the USA is still trying to define itself. We're a relatively young country, and we're in a constant state of change.

My reply to the reply

thank you for replying, you are the first reply, not viewing, but reply across various platforms. I like this question of mine:) ... If I may, your position is the following. The lack of a fantasy world that reflects the USA is built on the inability of the USA to define itself, supported by the age of the usa's govenrment, or the uncommon rate of internal heritage or culture change that exists in the USA? 

I will say this, if your three points are true: usa is not defined, usa is young, usa has a communal modulation unlike any other in the past. Then it explains the inability of a writer to create a fantasy world that reflects the USA. I will not say your three points are correct in my opinion. But I can say with 100% assuredness, if your points are correct, then it explains why no fantasy world. 

IN AMENDMENT:

let me take apart the reply... from 1776 to 2022 that is 246 years. Now, I didn't include the english colonial period which to me should be included and I usually include in usa history. That would be 1607 to 2022 which is 515 years. But the most recent state in the union is hawaii at 1959. So, it can be argued that the current 50 state usa is only, 1959 to 2022 which is 63 years. so, depending on when you consider the heritage of the usa to start, it can range from 515 to 246 to 63 years. And with each range the idea of the USA being young or historically still in a nascent stage of development is supported or challenged by the history of various other countries in humanity. So in my view, the first two points in the reply:  The USA is still trying to define itself plus, the USA is relatively young, are correct, but anyone saying their wrong is also correct. Specificity is mandatory in this situation. The third point about a constant of change is challengable. I have been to the deep south. I can tell you, many places in the deep south have not changed in over 150 years , since the end of the war between the states. I can also say that some places have changed. It becomes not a lie but not a truth. IT all requires specificity. So I argue that the USA has within itself a large enough populace with a clear or certain definition to the USA, is no longer a country that can be deemed nascent, and has enough inconstancy of change in its populace to deny the position by the replier. But then, the question is, if said point is true. Why no fantasy world? The only possible reason can be that, the certain identity of the USA, as a mature country,by a large enough percentage of its populace has already been written but didn't achieve popularity for its truth. The question now is to find the fantasy failures. hmmmm

The second reply 

"Atlas Shrugged"

My reply to the reply

I didn't think such a book will be deemed fantasy next to lord of the rings. Thank you for your reply. I have to rethink fantasy now.

IN AMENDMENT

Let me take it apart. Atlas Shurgged is a future world book. It isn't the past, which is usual in fantasy worlds in common. It has more of a scientific, meaning knowledge feel than the unknown knowledge that is magic. But, let's say Atlas Shrugged is a fantasy book. Then, the issue is, the identity of fantasy has to change. Maybe the problem isn't that the USA doesn't have a fantasy world, but that the fantasy world of the USA is not a fantasy world to be placed commonly? I have to think on this.  

The second replier made another comment

It definitely depends upon your definition of "fantasy".

MY reply

true, but I think it is important point you make. I admit I have a writing agenda

IN AMENDMENT 

Maybe with the USA , going back to the first reply. Maybe science fiction can not be taken away from fantasy with the USA, based on that age of it, from a certain view at least.

Third replier

American Gods by gaiman, Dark Tower by Stephen King, Moonheart by Charles de Lint is in Canada, The Shannara series by terry brooks is set in a post nuclear war earth and certain descriptions match US landmarks.

My reply

thank you for your reply. you are the third replier and all three replies have suggested two things. One the fantasy world of the USA must include science fiction, which is in terms of the history of literature, a point. Two, a 1900s and after scenario setting. I will think .

IN AMENDMENT

Any one can argue that the history of the USA can challenge both of those points. but , regardless of historical assessment, the comments consistency speaks volumes to me. In my mind I thought someone might mention the wizard of oz, but no. I comprehend why not. The 1900s was the century in which the USA's influence outside itself grew to a much larger extent and I think that parallels a key theme in the fantasy of the USA. The wizard of oz is still when the USA is not merely a mostly white european christian but also a isolationist country. many people in the USA today don't realize that the usa's government historically is not into meddling outside the USA in a robust way. To be blunt, the monroe doctrine while clearly imperialist. ISn't like the marshall plan. The monroe doctrine didn't say the USA is the overlord of the american continent and will be responsible for all the people of the america's as a steward. It said the usa is the military overlord of the americas but the americas are simply not to be bothered by outsiders. In the way imperial japan related to korea is what the monroe doctrine is. And thus, why no Wizard of Oz. Even though it is telling Baum welcomed variations on his work as long as they were quality, so he comprehended the future fantasy worlds of the USA and how all fantasy worlds<including those not based in the USA > may have to work in media. 

Fourth replier

Star Wars wars be a globally known fantasy world?

MY REPLY

hmm thank you for the reply. It is amazing how consistent the replies have been.

IN AMENDMENT

Again, another science fiction connection. hmmm I have to think. The force is magic , even though it is given science fiction explanations in later tales. And the multiracial composition of star wars, robots/satanic looking species are all citizens next to someone who looks like they are from kansas today. 

The third replier again

dark tower really isn't sci-fi....neither are moonheart or shannara. Even though Shannara is set in a post apocalyptic world that is not part of the story...it is 100% magic not tech. American Gods is also supernatural and not sci-fi technically since the "gods" work magically

My reply

thank you for giving breadth to your position. I am unfamiliar to shannara series. but I have some familiarity to dark tower/american gods/moonheart. Your points hold truth to me

IN AMENDMENT

Its the boundary between science fiction side fantasy that must be addressed. The 1900s world of the USA is one where science, especially through technology, is ever present. So it doesn't undo magic, as the unexplained while doable science, but it makes it unanalogous to fantasy worlds based anywhere in humanity before the USA, including pre european invasion American continent. 

The third replier again

also, these are just the ones off the top of my head that I could think of without digging around. I'm sure that there are others that likely focus on indigenous people etc. They might not be high fantasy like LoTR etc. but they mystical nature surrounding various tribes and their connection to the land etc. certainly are in line with fantasy works mechanics.

My reply

Well, I admit my goal here is to inquire about a fantasy world that reflects the USA. In my mind I can speak of the Navajo myths or legends and bring fantasy from that. The gullah or geechee people of the carolinas have fantasy that can be built from their lore. But, Are those reflecting the USA or a people in the usa? I don't know. I don't think said question is straight forward either. I love the work from zora neale hurston, every tongue has to confess. The oldest straight from the horses mouth fable/fantasy/fiction from Black peoples who were enslaved or whose forebears were enslaved in the USA. but regardless of whether I can derive fantasy from that. which I can:) Is that fantasy the USA? I don't know. I will not say no or yes, but I think any answer is challengable. Thus my own agenda here I have relayed somewhat :)

IN AMENDMENT

Can a fantasy world reflecting a country like the USA be just from one community in it? That goes back to Wizard of OZ. I don't know. I think the USA has many peoples with fantasy from their community but the USA itself doesn't have so much. 

the second replier

A friend suggests: "Manly Wade Wellman's 'Silver John' stories are set in the Appalachian backwoods and feature fantastic events based on the folklore of the region.
Other 'Appalachian Fantasy' series include Alex Bledsoe's Tales of the Tufa, which focuses on The Fair Folk as Appalachians knew them, and D. J. Butler's Witchy War, an alternate Antebellum America with working folk magic."

My reply

thank you:) The USA was founded on its east coast by british colonies. Those colonialist ventured into appalachia before the creation of the USA. I think you... or your friend:) thank them please, have provided the first example by repliers to a story that is not circling the 1900s as a base setting.

IN AMENDMENT

The question to all the stories all the commentors have presented is, are these stories the USA. Dark Tower/Atlas Shrugged/Star Wars/ Indigenous tales/ are these fantasy worlds the USA or people in the USA. 

the third replier

technically atlas shrugged is the past because of the setting with trains being a major industry. a lot of what is in the book would appear to be late 1800s to 1920s era

My Reply

excellent point. And to be blunt, the comments from here and there online prove united on the idea that the fantasy world that reflects the USA will have a nearness. The 1800s 1900s sense of industrialization will have to be present in any fantasy world that reflects the USA .

IN AMENDMENT

I am getting a clear picture from the comments. And it explains why modern media is trying to push USA into non -USA fantasy worlds. Because any USA fantasy world will not have the agrarian or ancient appeal that some of the most popular fantasy worlds do. 

third replier

Ever since I first read Tolkien and C.S. Lewis I've been considering the idea of an american fantasy world thing. just haven't worked it out yet to my own satisfaction.

My Reply

yeah, I have only thought about it in the last few months. I am willing to chat about your considerations. Tell me what is stumping you. What isn't meeting your satisfaction. Remember, Tolkien and CS lewis and Dianne wynn jones helped each other. Threw ideas at each other. I am willing to offer my ideas at where you may feel uncertai.

IN AMENDMENT

From my own scribbles I admit one reality. if anyone wants to mirror the USA in a fantasy world like the one's lewis or tolkien created, the good evil dichotomy has to be erased. It is too simple. The USA has always been to some mordor and to others Gondor. I think it is clear the media lords in the USA wants a soap opera/telenovela detailed fantasy world, aka high fantasy, that reflects the USA, but none really exist. From the comments I received  it is clear one problem is the ancient old nature of most epic fantasy doesn't apply to the USA. The USA isn't the country from ancient times. It isn't a return to a great ancient country. The USA is similar to the roman empire in population multiraciality. But, It is a country that went from a white power country at its nascent to a country that welcomes the changes from the strangers as well as the people in it. but, wrapping that in a fantasy context as the good country is against the grain. To be blunt, using example, the USA as a fantasy country is not the country where the orcs die with sauron. it is where the orcs become part of gondor. but then the idea of the evil in orcs doesn't fit. The miscegenation of the USA doesn't allow the dichotomy of good side evil that tends to be placed on characters in telenovela fantasy. 

third replier

My main issue is the races etc. using the standard dwarves, elves, hobbits, etc. just seems lazy. So working out new and unexpected races, govt, etc. I'm well on the way with all of it, it just takes time to do all the world building before doing the narrative side.

I've been thinking about it for 30+ years. but just got serious recently

My comment

hmm well, I will be devil's advocate and say, maybe dwarves/elves/hobbits/ et cetera are not lazy. Maybe the old races need new and unexpected tribes.

IN AMENDMENT

We see this in the am*zon version of tolkien's work. While many will praise the vision as pan phenotypical or pan racial. One must ask, but why the one tribe. Why is the black elf queen so communally comfortable? Now some will say that is the point. But that misses that modern USA was made with most people in the Indigenous/Black descendent of enslaved/white descended of enslavers who were or are opposed to the miscegenist culture that the minorities in each community pushed for. But that goes back to the problem with the simple good or bad dichotomy  .... and to all artist who may read this.  Epiphany has no time limit.

third replier

interesting.

my reply

yeah, also, maybe the orcs need new tribes. In the USA the one historical fact, that I think many people in the USA continually deny, is that in every race in the USA, tribes exist, and usually they are not in positive concert. In Tolkien's world, the elves don't infight. The dwarves don't infight. Even the humans, for all of the stewards ways, do not really infight. The best infighting is from the orcs but even that is in my view, lacking honest friction between the tribes in a race.

IN AMENDMENT

Many fans of works like Tolkien may say it is against the grain but that is the USA. In the war of independence, some natives fought for the creation of the usa, some natives fought to stop it from being created. some blacks fought for the creation of the usa, some blacks fought to stop it from being created. some white fought for the creation of the usa. some whites fought to stop it from being created. I think many in the USA create a myth in their mind that, the USA was and is a dream everybody wants or desires. it wasn't and isn't. Maybe you don't need new races, but for all the orcs that fight for sauron and attack anyone living peacefully? Where are the orcs that do not? For all the dwarves that live the "drawf live" and have a pride where are those who do not? And in those that do not reside the others where appearance will probably change as well