Time is a language

Time is a means to prevent everything from happening at once.

There is a theory that the spiral of time as it relates to events on earth is tightening, becoming more rapid, compressed. Empires now rise and fall faster than in the past. Information is being accumulated at a ever-increasing rate. As all of this converges, one theory has it that everything will be resolved, we will at geometrically increasing speed come to realization.

One person putting forth such ideas was Terence McKenna.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Delano said:

don't think time exists. What we have is the measurement of movement of the earth and our experience of passing events.  The measurement and the experience are not the same as the thing. 

@DelHow  can you define time if it doesn't exist? Language, as I contend, is made up of words which are sounds or symbols  and are what humans resort to when trying to encapsulate reality into something that be  can comprehended. 

How do you define a still wind. We can only define things we experience. We don't experience the past or the future, we only experience now. We can only experience something in comparison to something else. We know things by their presence and their absence.

If you get into a car you can feel it's acceleration and it's breaking. The earth rotates 1000 miles an hour. We don't feel that we only feel gravity.

We don't feel time we only feel change.

In addition our perception of the flow of time is directly correlated to our internal states.

I have been experimenting with moments in time and while they mostly don't feel different. What happens varies depending on what clock time I choose . The ability to see those differences is the time marker. Tine markers allow me to qualify a quantity of time. 

I think we have all experienced days where everything works. I am mapping the way to consciously choose those moments or some other effect: openness; ease of travel; understanding ; awareness and others.

So I have you a time and you were able to answer more jeopardy questions.

@Cynique

@DelSo how would you convey your point if you didn't have the word "time" to refer to? If you can talk time out of existence, others who believe time does exist, can talk it into existence using a different set of words from yours.

i know I am no longer the girl i used to be and I know this because my body and my mind have have become old.  What I call the passage of  "time", you call the sequence of events as we become  caught up  in a semantic entanglement

For me, when it comes to the  idea of "time", my favorite verbal cliche applies: "it is, what it is."  

BTW, isn't there some kind of a mathematical theorem that says you can't prove a negative.

Yes but what is time is the question.

Words have meanings,a symbol has a meaning. These meanings exists not in and of themselves but because we give them meaning. So I have discovered\created  a language that gives a meanings to several moment in time. Since those moments have a meaning I can utilise that time for a desired effect.

Time is like Siri for me and I can make a request to aid myself and others to facilitate a desired effect. So I have found an magical esoteric heuristic.

In Astrology there's a term called planetary hours. Where each planet rules an entire day. Each planet rules an hour, then the 'ext slowest planet rules the next hour. Sunday rules the sun. So on Sunday at the sunrise the Sun rules the hour of sunrise. Each day of the week is named after the planet it rules, and each planet corresponds to certain activities or people.

So in the middle ages magical spells were done to time with a days day ruler and hour ruler. Witches do a similar thing but more with the Moon, but I could be mistaken.

On 9/1/2022 at 2:15 PM, Delano said:

Can you elaborate?

Change is a Universal Constant....its happening everywhere nonstop.

Time is the Rate of Change in Space.

On 9/1/2022 at 11:41 PM, Delano said:

A day measures the earth rotation. A month measures the Moon's revolution and a year measures the Earth's revolution around the Sun.

A day has 24 hours and 24 time zones which measure 15 degrees of longitude.

We use the heavenly bodies to gauge Time because of their regularity (and its effects) and imperceptibly rate of change relative to our own (and it's benefits)

18 hours ago, Delano said:

don't think time exists. What we have is the measurement of movement of the earth and our experience of passing events.  The measurement and the experience are not the same as the thing. 

Time exist in Space....The 4th  dimension of Space

How do you define a still wind. We can only define things we experience. We don't experience the past or the future, we only experience now. We can only experience something in comparison to something else. We know things by their presence and their absence.

Change is how we experience time...either in ourselves or environment often both.

If you get into a car you can feel it's acceleration and it's breaking. The earth rotates 1000 miles an hour. We don't feel that we only feel gravity.

We don't feel time we only feel change.

Exactly

In addition our perception of the flow of time is directly correlated to our internal states.

Yes

I have been experimenting with moments in time and while they mostly don't feel different. What happens varies depending on what clock time I choose . The ability to see those differences is the time marker. Tine markers allow me to qualify a quantity of time. 

Our sleeping dreams disobey the laws of Time...try Lucid Dreaming exercises. - Dreamtime

I think we have all experienced days where everything works. I am mapping the way to consciously choose those moments or some other effect: openness; ease of travel; understanding ; awareness and others.

So I have you a time and you were able to answer more jeopardy questions.

"In the Zone" of "Flow".....equals genius

6 hours ago, Delano said:

In Astrology there's a term called planetary hours. Where each planet rules an entire day. Each planet rules an hour, then the 'ext slowest planet rules the next hour. Sunday rules the sun. So on Sunday at the sunrise the Sun rules the hour of sunrise. Each day of the week is named after the planet it rules, and each planet corresponds to certain activities or people.

So in the middle ages magical spells were done to time with a days day ruler and hour ruler. Witches do a similar thing but more with the Moon, but I could be mistaken.

Everything influences everything else, some more than other for various reasons.

Man has found that heavenly bodies influence the earth and its inhabitants.

Astrology tries to understand.... and strengthens or weakens those influences so as to have some control thereby making then useful and beneficial.

6 hours ago, Delano said:

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 11:47 PM, Delano said:

rather time is a way to quantify the movement of planets and

2 hours ago, frankster said:

Time is the Rate of Change in Space

We agree.

We use the heavenly bodies to gauge Time

And the Sun Earth relationship effects our circadian rhythms.

Change is how we experience time

You could leave time out of this sentence. Without changing its meaning . Or rather substitute the life for time. 

ur sleeping dreams disobey the laws of Time...try Lucid Dreaming exercises. - Dreamtime

What dimension do dreams exist?

2 hours ago, Delano said:

We agree.

And the Sun Earth relationship effects our circadian rhythms.

True.

You could leave time out of this sentence. Without changing its meaning . Or rather substitute the life for time. 

True...Mostly due to the fact that hey are often used interchangeably because they seem and are to some extent synonymous.

What dimension do dreams exist?

Not so much a dimension but a way of Perceiving.

Dreams gives us access to other  States of Consciousness....The Collective Unconscious

This nocturnal Shift in Perspective allow new channels of apprehension by accessing  how our senses interpret information 

In The State of Dreamtime Individuality Now and Here has new meaning...

Scientists, philosophers and others have pondered the nature of time. And although we've learned a lot about time, such as the reality of time dilation and the possible connection between time and entropy, we haven't been able to come up with a complete description of what time is.

Some philosophers and physicists have argued that what we experience as time is just an illusion, an artifact of our consciousness. In this view, the passage of time isn't real; the past and future already exist in their complete extent, the same way the entirety of space already exists. What we sense as the flow of time is a byproduct of the way our brains work as we process sensory information from our environment, according to physicist Sean Carroll(opens in new tab).

Time is the apparent progression of events from past to future. While it's impossible to completely define the nature of time, we all share many common experiences bound by time.

Almost all laws and equations that physicists use to understand the natural world are symmetrical in time. That means they can be reversed without changing any results. For example, if you were to watch a video of a ball rising into the air and falling again, without any other context, you wouldn't be able to tell if the video was being played forward or in reverse.

https://www.livescience.com/what-is-time

8 hours ago, Delano said:

Time is the apparent progression of events from past to future. While it's impossible to completely define the nature of time, we all share many common experiences bound by time.

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why we call it the Present."