The Gender War part2

There is a female counterpart to the gender war. I am not sure what it is officially called but I think it is the Sisterhood. Their spaces on You Tube and the internet are targeted toward black women just as the black manosphere is toward black men.

The "the black womansphere" as I called it is divided into three sectors

1. The Anti-Colorist.

2. The Hypergamist.
                                  3. The Divestors.

Examples of anti-colorist content creators are Chrissie, Paris Milan, I Am Eloho, and the more feminist For Harriet.  They explain how colorism negatively affect the black community, especially black women. Light skinned women fair better (no pun intended) than dark skinned women when it comes to finding a potential mate (especially a higher quality one). People who are lighter are more likely to be hired on a job than darker skinned individuals. Darker skinned blacks are treated more harshly in the criminal justice system in the form longer prison sentences and police brutality. Kids who are dark skinned are expelled from school more often than light skinned or mixed kids.  

Chrissie's channel is among the more popular if not the most popular on You Tube addressing these issues.  Even though she explains consequences of colorism on all points, she mostly focuses on how it affects the relationship between men and women in the black community. She argues that when black men become successful they often choose light skinned/mixed and non-black women because they are a symbolic representation of whiteness that money, power, education, and status bring. Light skinned women are perceived as being more attractive and feminine. Whereas dark skinned women are associated with poverty, struggle, masculinity, and ratchetness. So, most of her videos are about dark-skinned black men with light skinned or non-black women. Anybody who is even a casual observer of the African American community knows that most successful high value dark skinned black men (and sometimes women) prefer lighter skinned partners. She and other with a similar platform claim that this is a result of a hidden self-hatred that many dark-skinned black men have. 

Chrissie, Paris Milian, Rhoseda Strouber, and similar video creators on You Tube oppose the one-drop rule that may have been established going back to America's colonial years. 

In case there is anybody who does not know what that means, the rule states that any non- Hispanic person who has any black admixture (no matter how small) is considered black.

The reason why they are against the one-drop rule is because it perpetuates colorism by classifying people as black who should not be black. Examples of these people would be white passing mulattoes, quadroons (1/4 black), and octoroons (1/8 black).  The reason why this is the case is because African Americans (especially dark-skinned unambiguous blacks) are told that their Africoid or Negroid phenotype of big lips, wide noses, and kinky hair is considered ugly. As a result, dark skinned blacks dislike their features. On the other hand, mixed people who are light skinned are considered to be more desirable, especially if they have keen features, small noses, thinner lips, and just an overall more Caucasian or European phenotype. Even during slavery, the house slaves were fair skinned and field slaves were darker skinned. Black people begin to place light skinned people on a pedestal in their community. This is how colorism was born. And most black people, especially black men, have bought into colorism.

So, in cases where being with a white woman may not be feasible for a black man they always have that redbone or Latina that comes close.

This is the reason why many anti-colorists think that mixed people should have their own category/identity separate from both whites and blacks similar to the South African Cape Coloreds or the Latin American Mestizos. But, this would not necessarily stop black men from pursuing these women just because they are not black. After all, they still date and marry white women and more of them are falling in love with Hispanic women. Those who subscribe to SYBM (Save Yourselves Black Men) will fly to Brazil, Colombia, and The Dominican Republic to meet the women over there.

Speaking of SYBM, there is a female version of that. They are Known as Divestors. They are called divestors because they have divested from black men and sometimes the black community in as a whole.  These are the black women who are tired of being rejected by black men for non-black women and even light skinned black women. So, they start seeking men of other races to date. They expand their options, so to speak. The most well know divestor online would be author Christelyn Karazin who wrote the book Swirling. This book explains how to interracially date and marry. She was married to a white man for nearly 20 years and has several bi-racial children.  The term "swirling," used to describe interracial relationships, comes from this book. Whereas the black manosphere puts down black women as being unattractive, Un submissive, and masculine in their videos; the divestors consider black men to be "dusties" and economically at the bottom of the barrel. The term dusty refers to a black man that is poor, broke, and no ambition. Basically, your typical Pookie from the hood would fit this description.
 "
   But, what both SYBM and divestors need to realize is that most non-black peoples (especially whites) do not want their kids to marry black people because they know the children of such a union will be considered black; and, they will have to deal with the baggage that comes along with being black in America whether it be historical, economical, societal, and even internal (as these two posts have shown). Sure, these ballers, rappers, and entertainers marry out of their race a lot. Although the parents to these non-black women (and sometimes men) may personally object to the relationships, the fact that these men are wealthy compensates for their blackness. At least, in the short term, their non-black daughters are "getting the bag." Money talks.

Then, of course, there are the Hypergamist. The term hypergamy means dating or marrying above a person's economic and social status. Examples of this platform on You Tube would be Chloe, Joulzey, and also Chrissie. These channels tell black women to "level up" and stop dating broke dusties.

I noticed that many colorism and hypergamy channels are related. Even though Chrissie discusses colorism, she almost equally talks about hypergamy. It's not that black men are not with dark-skinned black women, you see that every day.  The problem is, as mentioned already, the higher status ones want light-skinned women while dark skinned women are reduced to "baby mama" status. Hypergamy is the end game. Colorism is a barrier to it.  This is the reason why Chrissie encourages dark-skinned black women to date mostly black men with means who are established and avoid dusties , even if they have ambition, is because there is a difference between the women than men date/marry when they are broke and the ones they marry when they have money. When a black man is poor and struggling, he will be with a dark-skinned woman from the hood because that is all he can afford. But, once he becomes successful, that man may leave the woman in favor of someone who is light skinned/mixed or non-black. The woman a man chooses when he has fame, fortune, success, and money is the type of woman he favors.  If a black man or any man is wealthy and he chooses a dark-skinned black woman, then that is his preference.

Chrissie also encourages black women to be more competitive with other women not only for black men but men in general. She does this through her femininity/hypergamy channel. This is done by encouraging dark-skinned black women to be more feminine, soft, dainty, and gentle.  In so many words, developing characteristics that will enable them to compete with non-black women and some mixed women, at least for the sake of the bag.

She strongly opposes the masculine promotion of black women in the media.

The most controversial if not most popular figure on the female side of the gender war is Cynthia G.  What Tommy Sotomayor is to black women, she is to black men. Her whole platform is almost exclusively dedicated to bashing black men who date interracially. She thinks these men are weak, self-hating, and effeminate.

I think Cynthia G is an Afro-Centric black nationalist similar in some ways to Dr. Umar Johnson. She is really the flip side of a white nationalist/supremist.  in some of her earlier videos, she talks about how much she hates white people. She blames interracial relationships for both the downfall of both Ancient Egypt and the Moors. In addition to this, she believes that the Civil Rights Movement was mostly about black men having access to white women without risking their lives.  There may be some subliminal truth to that.

Really, Cynthia G hates miscegenation the same reason why white racists hate it. In one video, I think she said that the impurity of the blood weakens the black race, which is very similar to the original IBMOR statement on the other side of the gender war. I guess really what that can be interpreted as meaning is that it produces weak light-skinned simp males and more traditionally feminine light-skinned women.

It has gotten to the point where she absolutely despises black men because they marry out so much. In another one of her videos, she states that black women ought to abort black male babies.

I think even though her platform is targeted towards black women, there are some white supremist males in the comments section (since you can't see them) of her videos posing as black women. If they don't agree with Cynthia G on nothing else, they love the way she puts down black men who are with white women.

Though it is uncommon, some white supremist can agree with some very divisive black figures. David Duke appeared on Tommy Sotomayor show once and he even agrees with Louis Farrakhan on some issues.

Like the different sub-divisions of the manosphere, there is a lot of intersectionality among the different categories of female side of the gender war. Chrissie videos are mostly about colorism and hypergamy, but she supports divestors. Christelyn Karazin emphasizes divesting on her site; but, being a dark-skinned black woman, she opposes colorism. Both of them would agree with Cynthia G that white supremacy and colonialism are the causes behind racism and colorism.

Unlike the Black Mansophere, the Sisterhood (as I call it) does not alter the political status quo of the black community. They may even double down on it. Whereas the Manosphere leans heavily towards the far right, the female counterparts of the gender war lean towards a far-left agenda of Afro-Centralism, Pan-Africanism Black Nationalism, and even Marxism.  They are against racism, colorism, sexism, patriarchy, homophobia, colonialism, and capitalism.  Colorism and patriarchy are at the very heart of the gender war.

Since most pro-black hoteps and Pan Africanist blame Western Civilization and its culture for racism and colorism, it make's sense that they would affirm black women's natural features more so than the average black man who influence by the white standard of beauty in America. This is the reason why so many on the female side of the gender war love Dr. Umar Johnson who said he would never date a white woman.

We saw the same thing back in the 1960s and 70s during the Civil Rights movement when black people were encouraged to wear Afros and take pride in their skin tone and phenotype. This prompted James Brown to record Say It Loud-I'm Black and I'm Proud.

I knew these two posts were going to be long. Thats why I had to divide them up into two parts.

How much the black gender war online is indicative of the true state of relations between black men and black women in America is debatable. 

But, I will say this, wherever there is thunder there is lightening somewhere.

• Like 1

A lot of generalizations in this article, and conclusions reached by people who weren't totally objective.  Little attention is given to the golden tan African American females held in high regard by black men.  Instead, it seemed all about high-yellow or dark brown. What i have noticed down through the  years is how the perception of what is "light-skinned" varies from person to person, and what color folks consider themselves to be is not always in agreement with how others see them. On my job,  I was involuntarily cast in a very uncomfortable position by my co-workers who used me as the standard for being light-skinned and they would describe others as being various degrees  darker than me, or as light as or almost as light as me.  This would even result in arguments. Yes, my husband said me being a "red bone"  was one of the things that influenced his attraction to me,  but I had  girlfriends who came in all shades and they never had trouble getting top of the line men.  Back in the 1950s big fine legs and nice "racks" and naturally long hair, not weaves or extensions) were regarded as premium assets. I have dimples, and you also got points for that, back then.  Go, figure. 😛

• Like 1

Man...this is a pretty big cake to cut into.....lol

Been looking for a way to cut into this for a couple days now.
Not sure where to start.

We should expect for this particular post I'm making to CONSTANTLY be modified over the next few days as I address one issue at a time in it.....or write a series of posts addressing the various issues being made in the OP.

In the mean time.........

Cynique

Back in the 1950s big fine legs and nice "racks" and naturally long hair, not weaves or extensions) were regarded as premium assets. I have dimples, and you also got points for that, back then.

Lol....what about the "other stuff" you mentioned!
Ya got those too????

Let's start here:

Examples of anti-colorist content creators are Chrissie, Paris Milan, I Am Eloho, and the more feminist For Harriet.  They explain how colorism negatively affect the black community, especially black women. Light skinned women fair better (no pun intended) than dark skinned women when it comes to finding a potential mate (especially a higher quality one). People who are lighter are more likely to be hired on a job than darker skinned individuals. 

What I have noticed over the decades is that while colorism had all but diminished in the AfroAmerican community since the 70s....the IMMIGRANTS to the United States began to revive it.

Thanks to the Black Power and Black Beauty movements of the 60s and 70s, dark skinned Blackness took it's rightful place as pinnacle of AfroAmeran representation.  And I say this as a relatively light skinned man.

For the past 150 years or so, White Americans as a whole have pretty much been irrelevant in the "colorist" issue because they tended to see ANYONE of African descent regardless of skin pigmentation or hair texture as "Black" or "Negro" or "Colored" or whatever contemporary term that was/is used for our people.

So because of those two major factors, colorism was suppressed to the point of being almost totally diminished in our community UNTIL immigrants from Latin America, Asia, and now Africa began flooding into the country and reviving it.

Latin Americans are color struck even among themselves.
So are Asians.
The biggest surprise was how color struck so many Africans are...especially African men.

I've had a lot of success with dark skinned African women because so many African men have been rejecting them as soon as they get to the United States for lighter skinned AfroAmerican and White women.

I don't know what I'm more attracted to....the slick dark skin and delicate bone structure so many African women still have from not being bred to be slaves; or the light voice and feminine mannerism so many still have for the same reason and their cultures that encourages femininity for them.

94 Best dark skin ideas | black is beautiful, dark skin, black beauties

Who run the world?: How African women are changing the way we see Africa |  She Leads Africa | #1 destination for young African ambitious women

African Woman Photos, Download Free African Woman Stock Photos & HD Images

Pin on Afrique femme

Darker skinned blacks are treated more harshly in the criminal justice system in the form longer prison sentences and police brutality. Kids who are dark skinned are expelled from school more often than light skinned or mixed kids.  

This is true.
More dark skinned AfroAmericans tend to be poor compared to their lighter skinned counterparts.

We have to decide how much of this disparity has to do with TREATMENT from other people and how much of it has to do with LOW SELF ESTEEM due to being dark skinned and especially dark skinned with strong African features such as broad noses, thick lips, kinky hair, ect...

When you grow up in a society that constantly calls you "ugly" and undesirable, it has to affect your psyche and motivation in general.
I suspect this is one of the reasons jet Black Africans who come to the United States typically do so much better than AfroAmericans....especially dark skinned AfroAmericans who's self esteem and drive for success have often been ruined by their treatment from others including own family members growing up.