Nigerian government growing more

7 hours ago, richardmurray said:

One point, the nigerian government already demands money for using non black or non nigerian actors from advertisers so this is merely a step up from that

https://aalbc.com/tc/profile/6477-richardmurray/?status=2057&type=status

This seems trivial relative to the issue of oil revenues. It is still the case that the people living near oil installations suffer more detriment than benefit from it. The shady deals between BP, et al., and the Nigerian govt should be illuminated.

I'm proud of the NIgerian government for this.
It shows me that they have common sense and respect for it's citizens.

I also heard they are banning non-Black models from being used in commercials.
Another step towards progress.

It's about time African nations started actually being proud to be AFRICAN and show love for themselves and their fellow countrymen instead of worshipping Europe, lightening their skin, and straightening their hair trying to be more like their centuries old oppressor.

@Pioneer1my status has the section of the nigerian governments offical posting. Remember, all governments are in parts. Some parts of each human government over a mostly black populace works for the betterment of black people.Not all parts, but some parts. This is the truth in all governments. None, including even the USA's is one whole thing. It has parts. Some do positive things, some do negative things,all parts of any government help some while hurt others.

• Like 1

richardmurray

Facts.

I've said that what the NIgerian government should do, and infact most African nations should do this is REPLACE most of their current governments which were actually formed and structure by their former and current European colonialists with NEW governments based on a more African and natural system of governing.

European governments are based on the European mindset.
It works for THEM because it's based on THEIR thinking, how their minds are structured.
It doesn't work for our people and leads to a host or problems trying to maintain and live under such a foreign system of rule.

Controversy as NJC recommends relatives of Supreme Court judges, others to  Buhari for appointments

🙄 -What the hell is WRONG with these niggas????

Same with most of the Caribbean nations.
They need to replace their current governments with a more natural form instead of those formed by their European colonialists.

Some have made the observation that what's worse than living under a White system of government formed and operated by White folks....is living under a White system of government that Black folks took over and are now trying to run!

Atleast when the White folks had control of it...because they invented it they know what they're doing.
Now that Black folks are running it, many of them HAVE NO CLUE that to do in those seats of power once they occupy them.

44 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

richardmurray

Facts.

I've said that what the NIgerian government should do, and infact most African nations should do this is REPLACE most of their current governments which were actually formed and structure by their former and current European colonialists with NEW governments based on a more African and natural system of governing.

European governments are based on the European mindset.
It works for THEM because it's based on THEIR thinking, how their minds are structured.
It doesn't work for our people and leads to a host or problems trying to maintain and live under such a foreign system of rule.

Controversy as NJC recommends relatives of Supreme Court judges, others to  Buhari for appointments

🙄 -What the hell is WRONG with these niggas????

Same with most of the Caribbean nations.
They need to replace their current governments with a more natural form instead of those formed by their European colonialists.

Some have made the observation that what's worse than living under a White system of government formed and operated by White folks....is living under a White system of government that Black folks took over and is now trying to run!

I presume you're familiar with "Neocolonialism" by Kwame Nkrumah, which makes the point you're making about the colonizers setting up "independent" African nations to remain dependent on the Europeans.

I take back my comment that this is "trivial" compare to oil revenue. I see what y'all are saying, it is indeed meaningful. I still wish the Nigerian govt would deal with the oil problem. They can work on cultural matters, but what about the MONEY and the pollution, the devastation of communities in the oil areas?

Of course we see what happens when a nation nationalizes its oil. Venezuela tried it and the USA set about dirty-tricking their economy. Mexico got away with it... PEMEX!

3 hours ago, Michel Montvert said:

I presume you're familiar with "Neocolonialism" by Kwame Nkrumah, which makes the point you're making about the colonizers setting up "independent" African nations to remain dependent on the Europeans.

No.
You give me too much credit.....lol.

I'm very familiar with Nkrumah but not with that particular book.

However to me it just seems like common sense to discard the former methods your enemy was using to control you and come up with a new plan.

Most Asian countries also adopted or kept similar structures to the ones the Europeans left them but seem to have modified them more to fit their contemporary needs than the African nations did.

44 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

No.
You give me too much credit.....lol.

I'm very familiar with Nkrumah but not with that particular book.

However to me it just seems like common sense to discard the former methods your enemy was using to control you and come up with a new plan.

Most Asian countries also adopted or kept similar structures to the ones the Europeans left them but seem to have modified them more to fit their contemporary needs than the African nations did.

Yes... and also the Asian countries were not set up to fail as extensively as were the African ones. The Europeans had far less effect on Korea, China, Japan. etc.

Nkrumah's book pissed off the British. He exposed how they'd rigged Ghana to fail, to remain dependent. to continue to supply cheap labor and raw materials. Another good book on this is "How Europe Underdeveloped Africa" by Walter Rodney.

Really the Eurocolonialists SCREWED Africa far more than they did Asian nations. I mean you can't remove millions of slaves without severe detrimental effects, not to mention the way Europeans inserted themselves even into tribal political structures to control the people. Countries like Malaysia with a lot of rubber plantations experienced some of that, but still not at African levels.

I can blame corrupt Africans for their misdeeds, but really Africans are no more stupid or gullible than anyone else... they've just been oppressed a lot harder. That's a sad fact. There are currently a LOT of clever young Africans devising solutions for their problems. How nice if such activity could prevail rather than the continuation of the "scramble for Africa", now with China involved.

One of the biggest problems Africa is facing today is BRAIN DRAIN.

Too often, the brightest young minds find it easier to just leave their countries and go to West, get an education, and live the type of life they WANT to live rather than struggle with old traditions, jealousy, and crushing poverty.
If there was a COLLECTIVE movement for the youth to join....there would be more hope for them.
But since things are so individualistic and so many are on different pages with religion, politics, tribal affiliation, ect....it's easier to just duck out and leave the entire situation and occasionally send some money back home or visit.

Tradition and culture can be a good thing, but often it's oppressive and holds back progress.
Lack of ancient traditions or strong culture is one of the strengths of modern Western civilization because it has fewer MENTAL shackles.