You can only define what you experience.

1 hour ago, Delano said:

Virgins can't describe sexual intercourse. Nor can you explain it to them in a way that is meaningful to them. You can only compare and contrast it with their past experiences.

Virgins can describe sexual intercourse by their partner engaging in oral sex or using a vibrator, even achieving an orgasm in the process. Never underestimate the effectiveness of alternate methodology, or the ingenuity of lesbians.

3 minutes ago, Delano said:

If you have no frame of reference you can't comprehend it. Like explaining a concept to a concrete thinker. It's is very difficult. I am sure you've had that experienceon the forum.

@DelLOL You and I have never really been able to get on the same page when it comes to the concept of time. I tried to share your enthusiasm with time markers but it went over my head.  Math was never my strong suit. I've  always been riveted by the Zen of pauses between the words, and spaces between the lines, the subtleties and nuances of what's unsaid, the impact of silence, always intrigued by the role of  language and. the mystery of Life. Whether time exists or doesn't is not something that I'm fixated on.  i'm  just a element in the universe, at the mercy of gravity. 

I know that i know nothing...  

9 hours ago, Delano said:

Moments in time are like buses. 

Time markers tell you the destination of the moment in time. Based on your birthdate and the present time.

Does time flow smoothly, or is it incremental? I'm curious what you think about this, since you seem to think about time a lot.

I had some strange visions as a child when I'd fear that I was going to fall between the intervals of time and be lost in a timeless universe. Or would I have been found?

Sorry this sounds spaced out, but it happened years before I'd taken any of the controlled substances of the 60s.

I believe time only exists now, and now is infinitely short, because it is a moment. And infinitely long because that is the only moment you can experience.

However I believe there that the mind, soul and spirit exist outside of space and time

Your thinking happens in nonlocal space. Or before you have a thought where and when is it. 

As an aside time is is harder to define than either it's measurements or effects.

God or the creator has to exist outside of space and time.

2 hours ago, Michel Montvert said:

I had some strange visions as a child when I'd fear that I was going to fall between the intervals of time and be lost in a timeless universe. Or would I have been found?

Sorry this sounds spaced out, but it happened years before I'd taken any of the controlled substances of the 60s.

If you fell through time you would not be found, until you fell back.Since you don't share our timeline. Or our immediate space and time.

It isn't spaced out it's timed out or out of time.

I think time travel may be possible, except you could only travel to various points in your own life. But you would the memories and ideas of that time. So we could be time travelling often yet not be able to retain our non physical contents.

18 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Define or describe?

Valid question.

Human beings have come up with definitions from a combination of shared and/or similar experiences. 

But, we also have the capacity to describe things we haven't experienced directly by collecting information.

Artificial intelligence is good example of how scientists are trying to bring it all together.😎

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ProfD said:

Valid question.

Unless it's coming from ME....lol....then those jokers will find a way to dismiss it as irrelevant.

But you make a good point that I felt was rather obvious.
We can both describe AND define that which we haven't experience through studying the response of others to certain stimuli.

You don't have to get YOUR hand smashed by a hammer to know that it hurts.
You've known or heard of enough people who have to have a pretty accurate description of the feeling without having to experience it.

19 hours ago, Delano said:

If you fell through time you would not be found, until you fell back.Since you don't share our timeline. Or our immediate space and time.

It isn't spaced out it's timed out or out of time.

I think time travel may be possible, except you could only travel to various points in your own life. But you would the memories and ideas of that time. So we could be time travelling often yet not be able to retain our non physical contents.

Vedic notions of cycles of time are interesting. And things happen in cycles, so what time is it? Shiva is portrayed with eyes half closed, in the act of "blinking worlds in and out of existence."

I can give myself a headache thinking about the present... it doesn't exist!!! See, here it is, right now, oh whoops. now it's the past. Here comes more "present", but now it's past as soon as I look at it. The old hippy injunction to "Be Here Now" is not as easy to fulfill as it might seem. It's like electrons, you can identify their mass, and you can indicate a probability of where they are, but you can't locate and measure them at the same time. When I think about that I start to think that nothing exists at all.

Sorry I have no answers, only existential musings.

@Pioneer1, your questions and opinions may get challenged but remain valid and relevant nonetheless especially to this discussion forum.

From the time we're born, we collect a lot of data and eperiences. Over time, we can make reasonable inferences from that information stored in our database=brain.

Even if a hammer never hit our hand, we would assume that it would be painful based on the experience of another object (size, weight, force, etc.) hitting our hand and causing pain. 

Despite the stupid and ridiculous things we sometimes do and say, the human brain can be a very sophisticated computer. 😁😎

• Thanks 1