so she did and now
stars shine at night

author: e e cummings
Book: XAIPE page 24

your thoughts? 

read another at the following link

https://aalbc.com/tc/profile/6477-richardmurray/?status=2058&type=status

14 hours ago, Cynique said:

e.e. cummings of "candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker" fame.  He was famous for his "nonsense rhymes".  After all these years, I find out he was a racist. 

That's alright.
We know it takes you a little while to catch on....lol.

Anywhoooo........

richardmurray

That poem sounds like something you'd find on the inside of a Skin Bleaching Cream box...lol.

What's so sad is a lot of our people....especially if they're young...really do think like that and wish they could find a way to turn themselves White.

@Pioneer1 fair enough on your take on the poetry. thank you for your thoughts to the poetry. For the record I haven't stated mine.

I do not know where you live and I will not judge the entire Black populace in the USA but...

I live in NYC , which has more black people in it than any other city in the USA by a large margin. And has within it the most internally multiracial set of Black peoples of any city in the USA as well. and knowing black people in every borough, all ages, all backgrounds <DOSer , modern immigrant, latino, anglo, chrsitian, atheist, and more> I am 100% certain in NYC, most black people love being black. over 90% hands down, no question do not want or wish to turn themselves white. 

In parallel, same over 90% have never lived in a city where being black is potent, visible in a grand way. The reason is simple, NYC when it was new amsterdam to today has always been dominated plus governed from within its white community. Black people in NYC prove to me, that Black people in the USA biggest problem historically isn't wanting to be white but living in a white country, whether before or during or after the war between the states, where they can't escape to a black country, they can't have a black place in it, but they have been alloted a coexistence which at best is nonviolent, at least is unspoken sin. 

Coming from the Midwest, I wouldn't want to live in a place like New York or Philly.

As the old saying goes, it's a good place to VISIT but I wouldn't want to live there...lol.

However I've been curious since childhood as to how it would feel growing up in a place like New York with such diversity music, food, cultures, and people in general....especially Black people.

I'm the type of person who runs up into the faces of almost every Black immigrant I see to welcome them to America and ask them about their culture and how they see the world. I've come down a lot as I've gotten older, but I love Black people so much that it's like a dream seeing them from so many different aspects.

The desire to be White is certainly a tiny minority among Black people, however the desire to be "less Black" occupies a much much larger segment and I'd dare say MOST people around the planet who are of African descent probably desire to be less Black and closer to White whether it's because they feel it would be an improvement in their looks or an improvement in career and financial opportunities in such a White dominated society.

Ofcourse they won't come out and ADMIT this....but actions speak louder than word.
Look at the amount of bleaching cream being old in Africa and the Caribbean.

@Pioneer1 ahh the midwest:) I see:) 

The funny thing about new york city is that it teaches you how multiracial communities actually work opposed to how so many who don't actually know what it is to be raised in a multiracial environment think it should be. Too many people in the USA talk about mixed communal living but have no true experience in a city that truly has various races of people <phenotype/religion/language/age/gender/ or more> who actually live amongst each other, positively side negatively. 

I rather say,black people need to accommodate whites over black people desire to be less black.  The desire to be less black stems from the mandatory need to accommodate whites by blacks who want to or are forced to use nonviolent means to live in peace or advance their individual selves in white controlled places.  The problem is, too many black people supposed in the past that black people through nonviolence could achieve more than individual freedom but collective freedom. NYC is the proof. NYC has black multi millionaires, mayors, police chiefs, teachers, small business owners. Individually you can find a black person has achieved anything individually possible. But, the black community in NYC has next to nothing. The collective success is fleeting but that isn't failure, that is inevitable, through nonviolence communal strength has limits. 

• Thanks 1

richardmurray

Visiting New York is the next closest thing to visiting a foreign country and in some cases it seems MORE like a foreign country than some of the Canadian cities I used to frequent...lol.

What you say about Black people feeling the need to accommodate or what the older Black folks used to call CATERIN' TO White people is true.  
This desire affects the way we talk, dress, carry ourselves, and even eat.  I know a lot of Black folks who usually didn't use napkins but would rather lick their fingers and wipe them on their clothes instead...but when we went somewhere that was predominately White, THEN all of a sudden they became "proper" and started using napkins, lol.

NYC is the proof. NYC has black multi millionaires, mayors, police chiefs, teachers, small business owners. Individually you can find a black person has achieved anything individually possible. But, the black community in NYC has next to nothing. 

Well there are many reasons for this but one of the MAIN reasons is lack of unity.

As FBA as I am (for those who don't know FBA stands for Foundational Black American and has become a bit of a nationalist movement lately) I have to admit that compared to most Black immigrants, most AfroAmericans have dropped the ball over the past 50 years, particularly when it comes to community unity and financial industriousness.

While the AfroAmerican community has collectively slid down into a pool of laziness, criminality, and routine dope smoking that has halted much of the progress we were making in the 70s....Black immigrant communities....of which New York is FULL OF....have been fueling much of what we are calling "Black success" in this nation and especially in places like New York, D.C. and other major cities with a large Black immigrant population.

Whether we're talking about doctors, professors, military officers, ect....if it requires a lot of education and delayed gratification to achieve success.....if you see a Black person in it chances are they are an African or West Indian Black person and much less an AfroAmerican because many of our people no longer have that drive to achieve success through THOSE channels but would rather take an easier route requiring less work and dedication.

So while New York has a lot of Black wealth and success, I would attributed much of it (certainly not all) to it's large Black immigrant population who either are the one's ACHIEVING it....or have created an environment of such intense competition that it's forced even Black Americans to put the blunts down and get to work grinding before they end up sleeping on the streets.

@Pioneer1 good point, nyc is a foreign land, a city of over 8 million people is a country in truth. And thus foreign from any other city on many grounds.

Yes about caterin but remember to say, the caterin isn't a matter of choice. The white community started the usa, controls the USA, it isn't like the black community had lost power , we started in the USA in the same state before it, which was enslaved, circa 90%.   

You make the following points

1. the black community lacks unity in NYC or in the usa in general

2. Black Descended of enslaved have dropped the ball and other tribes in the black village from caribbean or africa have not dropped the ball as much

3. black carribbean or african tribes fuel success in modernity

4. most black people who are seen in labors are from black tribes from the caribbean or africa

5. the black tribes from caribbean or africa made the environment for success or earned success through the white gauntlet.

My replies

1. black people in the usa have one historical constant. regardless of percentages, a significant number of us have always been anti-usa. and that matters because when you have black people who live pro-usa lives:) their is bound to be disunity:) For me, I expect disunity because our phentoypical races relationship to the usa is complex side bloody.

2. going back to the 1st, if a black man wants to kill whites or hates the usa, then they don't want to be a businessman in the usa or mayor of NYC, so while they may fail as many black people have to leave or kill the usa in the past, their failure isn't dropping the ball, if dropping the ball refers to a positive existence in the usa side whites.

3. in NYC at least, black people from africa or the caribbean who have not been enslaved in the usa always intermingled side intermarried side make babies happily aside black descended of enslaved or similars. thus, in NYC At the least, the Pan Black union has spurred all success at all times. It isn't about where you are from in NYC historically, it is about phenotype. Yes, today you will see more bound to a geograph but garvey was extremly popular in NYC's black community from the preacher to the gambler to the homeless to the homeowner whether DOSer or from the islands or the caribbean. Cause it was Black nationalism, not Black geograph nationalism.

4. again in NYC, every single tribe in the village says the young are doing it wrong. I can't tell you how many people from africa or the caribbean want the children or next generations or the community to change its ways:) As in the past, some black people with money take the perch of their luck to say the majority of blacks are doing wrong, and in the modern black community in the usa it is each tribe  <dos,nigerian,jamaican> in the village

5. IN NYC people say look at white jews as the financial excellent, but white jews are a small percentage of the populace of whites in NYC, very small. Yes, Black trinidadians can be seen as very fiscally apt or engaged compared to black jamaicans or Black DOS, but it is simply the fiscal capitalism way in NYC. In every group, from japanese or white jews in the white  community compared to chinese or white christians, or DOSers compared to trinidadians, or colombians compared to Puerto ricans, smaller tribes always have a better rate of financial return. but in truth, it is always the larger groups who make money or have more rich, they just also have more poor. 

On 9/5/2022 at 10:13 AM, Pioneer1 said:

richardmurray

Visiting New York is the next closest thing to visiting a foreign country and in some cases it seems MORE like a foreign country than some of the Canadian cities I used to frequent...lol.

What you say about Black people feeling the need to accommodate or what the older Black folks used to call CATERIN' TO White people is true.  
This desire affects the way we talk, dress, carry ourselves, and even eat.  I know a lot of Black folks who usually didn't use napkins but would rather lick their fingers and wipe them on their clothes instead...but when we went somewhere that was predominately White, THEN all of a sudden they became "proper" and started using napkins, lol.

NYC is the proof. NYC has black multi millionaires, mayors, police chiefs, teachers, small business owners. Individually you can find a black person has achieved anything individually possible. But, the black community in NYC has next to nothing. 

Well there are many reasons for this but one of the MAIN reasons is lack of unity.

As FBA as I am (for those who don't know FBA stands for Foundational Black American and has become a bit of a nationalist movement lately) I have to admit that compared to most Black immigrants, most AfroAmericans have dropped the ball over the past 50 years, particularly when it comes to community unity and financial industriousness.

While the AfroAmerican community has collectively slid down into a pool of laziness, criminality, and routine dope smoking that has halted much of the progress we were making in the 70s....Black immigrant communities....of which New York is FULL OF....have been fueling much of what we are calling "Black success" in this nation and especially in places like New York, D.C. and other major cities with a large Black immigrant population.

Whether we're talking about doctors, professors, military officers, ect....if it requires a lot of education and delayed gratification to achieve success.....if you see a Black person in it chances are they are an African or West Indian Black person and much less an AfroAmerican because many of our people no longer have that drive to achieve success through THOSE channels but would rather take an easier route requiring less work and dedication.

So while New York has a lot of Black wealth and success, I would attributed much of it (certainly not all) to it's large Black immigrant population who either are the one's ACHIEVING it....or have created an environment of such intense competition that it's forced even Black Americans to put the blunts down and get to work grinding before they end up sleeping on the streets.

I would only point out that when people decry the lack of activism and leadership among African-Americans... there were a number of talented and impressive leaders, and they were nearly all MURDERED! Medgar Evers, Malcolm, Dr. King, Fred Hampton, and I have suspicions about the death of Ron Brown...

Immigrants always come here energetic and eager to work. Compare an immigrant from Europe to a lazy-assed USA white...

Small business growth in California is being fueled by mostly Mexican, Chinese, etc., immigrants. Many Mexicans complain that the 1st generation comes here and busts their butts to make a better life for their kids, who then choose instead to join a gang.

Imagine my chagrin when I visit my home state of WV, where half the population is on opioids, many do not want to work at all, the culture is rapidly evaporating, and nobody gives a damn. So I think I know how you feel when you observe similar problems among your own group.

richardmurray

Yes about caterin but remember to say, the caterin isn't a matter of choice. The white community started the usa, controls the USA, it isn't like the black community had lost power , we started in the USA in the same state before it, which was enslaved, circa 90%.   

While it's not DIRECTLY a matter of choice, most of the caterin' the Black youth are doing today IS by choice because back during Reconstruction right after Emancipation Black Americans owned so much land, had so many job skills, and build towns and cities all over the nation.  
We can do even greater today but CHOOSE not to out of laziness

Our people don't have to cater to White people anymore, but too many CHOOSE to because they don't want to put in the work to advance our community.

They would rather put in an application and get a job and be routinely subjected to abuse and mistreatment at their job rather than put in the hard work of owning and operating their own business.

Just work for someone else and let them deal with the responsibility of keeping the business running...while they collect a paycheck once a week to buy some weed.

2. going back to the 1st, if a black man wants to kill whites or hates the usa, then they don't want to be a businessman in the usa or 

Well....
Let them tell it, the Nation of Islam doesn't desire to kill White folks nor do they actually hate them.
According to them...they know and see White folks for what they truly are and carry ourselves around them accordingly.
Never the less, they were seen as one of the most militant and anti-White groups in the United States.
However that didn't stop them from being one of the most successful Black organizations this nation has seen so far when it comes to owning businesses and becoming quite wealthy with them.

It is my understanding that back in the Nation of Islam under the Honorable Elijah Muhammad....once you joined the Temple you have 6 months to either get your own business or work for another brother or sister in the NOI who DID have their own business.
No more working for "the devil"...no excuses.

Not only did they make it, but became successful while calling White folks "devils" during the time of Segregation.

But back then they didn't have to many more choices BUT to do for themselves.

Michel Montvert

and I have suspicions about the death of Ron Brown...

Me too!
The reports are that he was shot in the back of the head before his plane crashed.

where half the population is on opioids, many do not want to work at all,

And the other half of the population is probably addicted to Redbull and Monster drinks and work their asses off on 2 or 3 jobs.

No more balance in society.

Either one extreme or the other.

@Michel Montvert fair enough, I want to add one thing, about people who complain about the next generations not continuing the style of life from the prior. ... People of color, defined as non white europeans, in NYC do that often. The children don't comprehend , the children are insulting their forebears. But, are the mexican children joining gangs in california for example, insulting their forebears? when the whites of the USA took the west by defeating mexico in a war? when the whites of the usa took all the land and resources mexicans had owned in that region for themselves? When the whites of the USA had made mexicans in the western states live on fiefdoms controlled by white landlords. In California and western states, what about the following? < https://aalbc.com/tc/profile/6477-richardmurray/?status=2060&type=status >  And let me not go into indigenous peoples history in the lands that are the western states, let alone the USA itself. The gang desires goes back to the violence of the past, which was 100% warranted. The children don't have to see the world the way we do, nor do they have to want what we want, for many if not most of our forebears didn't want what we want. If Mexico had won that war, the children who are gang members would be the land owners today. 

@Pioneer1 fair enough, that is your opinion.the black community in the usa or the european colonies that preceded it has always had people who speak like you do. Fully invest in the fiscal capitalism, become an owner, the american dream is yours. But most black people have always refuted it, based on the truth of their lives. Consistency has reason to be, it is never a choice. 

Yes, many white christians talk about the financial efficiency of white jews, many phong talk about the japanese americans, many black christians or non NOI talk about the financial prudence in the nation of islam as compared to the black tribes outside of it. yes, small subcommunities always are financially better than their larger counterparts in the USA and the reason is simple. The larger your community the more fiscal poor will exist for the nature of fiscal capitalism. Black people in the usa haven't figured out how to make the majority have positive business  ownership but neither have whites in the usa so...

8 minutes ago, richardmurray said:

@Michel Montvert fair enough, I want to add one thing, about people who complain about the next generations not continuing the style of life from the prior. ... People of color, defined as non white europeans, in NYC do that often. The children don't comprehend , the children are insulting their forebears. But, are the mexican children joining gangs in california for example, insulting their forebears? when the whites of the USA took the west by defeating mexico in a war? when the whites of the usa took all the land and resources mexicans had owned in that region for themselves? When the whites of the USA had made mexicans in the western states live on fiefdoms controlled by white landlords. In California and western states, what about the following? < https://aalbc.com/tc/profile/6477-richardmurray/?status=2060&type=status >  And let me not go into indigenous peoples history in the lands that are the western states, let alone the USA itself. The gang desires goes back to the violence of the past, which was 100% warranted. The children don't have to see the world the way we do, nor do they have to want what we want, for many if not most of our forebears didn't want what we want. If Mexico had won that war, the children who are gang members would be the land owners today. 

@Pioneer1 fair enough, that is your opinion.the black community in the usa or the european colonies that preceded it has always had people who speak like you do. Fully invest in the fiscal capitalism, become an owner, the american dream is yours. But most black people have always refuted it, based on the truth of their lives. Consistency has reason to be, it is never a choice. 

Yes, many white christians talk about the financial efficiency of white jews, many phong talk about the japanese americans, many black christians or non NOI talk about the financial prudence in the nation of islam as compared to the black tribes outside of it. yes, small subcommunities always are financially better than their larger counterparts in the USA and the reason is simple. The larger your community the more fiscal poor will exist for the nature of fiscal capitalism. Black people in the usa haven't figured out how to make the majority have positive business  ownership but neither have whites in the usa so...

I think it's likely that black people remember what happened to "Black Wall St." in OK, and similar incidents, and many perhaps just become fatalistic, that none of that is possible. I disagree, I say it is all possible and one should fight for what is right and beat the odds.

Yes, the history of Mexicans in the W is as you say. How do gangs help that? They mostly victimize their own people. That is how they're betraying them. If they were fighting for their lands back, in the manner of Tijerina, or even like Juan Murrieta, that would have some validity. Most of these gangsters are children of immigrants, not descendants of those who lost the war to the gringos. Their war was in Mexico, the Revolution of 1910, which was won and then lost... it's complicated.

I've lived in the "barrio", I've taught school to the children who are immigrants or the children of immigrants. I see clearly what the gangs are up to, and it is bad for the community. How are they hurting the gringos with that behavior? They just give the system an excuse to lock them all up.

The Mexicans who worked effectively against oppression were groups such as La Raza Unida Party, the UFW, MEChA, Brown Berets, and such. I worked with 2 of those groups. The Chicano Movement adopted much of the language of pachucos, cholos, gangbangers, but the criminal activity no. ¿Qué pasó, vato? ¡Órale!

It is too bad the schools and society generally has failed those people, and other people as well.

The best thing you said: "...but neither have whites in the usa so..." Bingo! WHITES haven't done it either! They're screwing US, too! It would be helpful if all non-whites understood that. and even more helpful if the damned dumbassed delusional brainwashed WHITES would get it! This system is by nature oppressive and exploitative! If anyone thinks that is directed only at non-whites, they should read up on the history of Ireland and Scotland.

@Michel Montvert  Help? well, maybe if the mexican government would help them, they can make more possible. At the base level, they are refuting wanting to live in the USA as their parents and more like their forebears who lost that war at the end. When one loses a war, it is a gang like scenario. 

Well, the history of gangs is violence. The irish /white jewish/italian mobs mostly terrrorized their own as well, all gangs do :) The gang is never for the other, but a gathering of those who are not convinced by the system, which doesn't mean all have to be that way. yes, some mexicans kids, think like their parents, like you but my simple point is that those who don't have the right to.  The KKK was a gang no different in nature. The KKK killed or hurt many white people as well. Not all gangs have the same level of power. But that connects to outside sources. Maybe the mexican government needs to aid the mexicans gangs more? I know the southern governments aided the KKK. NYC's government was a partner to the irish/white jew/italian gangs. So... 

richardmurray

exist for the nature of fiscal capitalism. Black people in the usa haven't figured out how to make the majority have positive business  ownership but neither have whites in the usa so..

Another MAJOR reason is that smaller communities tend to be more MONOLITHIC.
The smaller and more tight knit the community....the more likely they are to share the same culture, values, thought patterns, ect..and that automatically ensures more unity in action.

Whether it's the Nation of Islam or a small Haitian community in Baltimore, if it's smaller and more tight knit they will likely stick together more against outsiders and support each other.

@Pioneer1 yes, but the point is , comparing the success of a group with significantly smaller quantity to a group with significantly larger quantity failings in fiscal or structural affairs is unfair. A small group in fiscal capitalism has to be persecuted strongly, meaning through the government,  by a larger group to have more failings. In the USA  , white jews are not persecuted strongly, thus.  Blacks are persecuted strongly in the USA, but, that is all blacks thus, the tinier Nation of islam can operate easier. It is the same like the blacks at martha's vineyard. or the blacks in various pocket communities in the south.

In the end, are you suggesting the black community in the USA break up into groups? 

For , example, the Nation of islam is approximately a floor of 55,000 people. the black population in the usa is approximately a floor of 45,000,000 so if you are saying the black community in the usa needs to break up into more effective groups then based on the nation of islam that is circa one thousand groups. Possible? of course. It is doable. It will be a process. In my mind it isn't complicated to see where to start or the path. But as this is based on your words, what will you do? 

15 hours ago, richardmurray said:

@Michel Montvert  Help? well, maybe if the mexican government would help them, they can make more possible. At the base level, they are refuting wanting to live in the USA as their parents and more like their forebears who lost that war at the end. When one loses a war, it is a gang like scenario. 

Well, the history of gangs is violence. The irish /white jewish/italian mobs mostly terrrorized their own as well, all gangs do :) The gang is never for the other, but a gathering of those who are not convinced by the system, which doesn't mean all have to be that way. yes, some mexicans kids, think like their parents, like you but my simple point is that those who don't have the right to.  The KKK was a gang no different in nature. The KKK killed or hurt many white people as well. Not all gangs have the same level of power. But that connects to outside sources. Maybe the mexican government needs to aid the mexicans gangs more? I know the southern governments aided the KKK. NYC's government was a partner to the irish/white jew/italian gangs. So... 

Yes nearly every ethnic group in the USA has produced gangs. I still can't see how that is a good thing in any way. Gangs are not "for the other", but they don't prey on "the other"; they prey on their own people.

KKK you can call a gang but they had a particular political view, which was toxic of course, but that meant they were fighting for political change (or to maintain the racist Jim Crow status quo). Gangs usually are not political, though I have seen political expressions coming from the Latin Kings in Chicago.

I was familiar with gangstas in S. Central L.A. where I taught school. I'd talk to them in the street. One once walked up and shook my hand, saying, "Thank you for trying to show our little brothers a better way, to get out of this life." "Just doing my job," I said. "Yeah, but you're about the only teacher doing it." So I understood their dilemma... they themselves knew that gangbanging was not a good thing. They wanted better.

I have to point out that it is racist to always separate out "white Jews". Jews are Jews. Are there "non-white" Jews in the USA? I've known Iranian Jews and they could pass as Ashkenazim. Also, the adjective is "Jewish". You use "Irish" and "Italian", but refer to Jews using the noun as an adjective. That is how antisemites talk. Hitler referred to "Jew art" and "Jew science". Certainly he did not consider any Jew to be "white".

But then, "white" is an artificial construct created in Virginia in the 17th century to facilitate the enslavement of blacks...

As for gangs... there are still white gangs in California. One called the Peckerwoods. And I'd say that outlaw motorcycle gangs are, well, GANGS. I've been around those people too, and they are in no way preferable to the non-white versions. Gangs often are a symptom of alienation, dispossession... in other words, oppression. Lift the oppression and those gangstas would have an education and real jobs and be contributing to their community. Certainly that's what I taught my inner-city students they ought to do...

@Michel Montvert but your not seeing my point,... I have never joined a gang in the usa and probably, never will. but, some, and I dare say most,  people in one see positive value in it, and not all for the same reasons. 

My point is gangs can change or can have various function. You concur to that. 

Yes, I didn't say all in a gang want it or desire it or feel everybody should do it, though some do. 

antisemites. Being jewish is a religious affiliation. in the same way being Christian. But when I speak of phenotypical concerns it is important to say White jews. Because whites jews or not black jews. When I say white or black I am speaking of phenotype or appearance, and specifically or usually skin color. A white person isn't different to me because they are female or jewish or young or latino. Said whites are to me no different than white people who are male, chrsitian , old , anglos. 

I am negatively prejudiced to whites. Yes I AM. Does this mean I have killed somebody or attacked somebody white? no it does not and no  I haven't. Hitler's views on white jews have no bearing on me. I know he thought black people, whether they be yoruba/christian/buddisht/jewish ala falashas of ethiopia/ atheoist/spiritualist/agnostic/ or other were second to whites. Now I do care about that. do you? 

And your right, nature only knows humans are human. In the same way nature only knows birds are birds. it is humans who make the variances amongst us in the same way the pidgeon in NYC is no where to be found when one of the local eagles is flying above. 

21 hours ago, richardmurray said:

so if you are saying the black community in the usa needs to break up into more effective groups then based on the nation of islam that is circa one thousand groups. Possible? of course. It is doable. It will be a process. In my mind it isn't complicated to see where to start or the path. But as this is based on your words, what will you do? 

I didn't say it in this thread...YET....but since you brought it up, that's EXACTLY what I've been saying for the past few years.

That AfroAmericans need to separate themselves into smaller more exclusive groups with similar values and seek progress and success through THOSE groups instead of one big community.
Too many of us are on different pages to try to unite as one people.

And to be honest with you, I don't know if I want to unite with a large percentage of AfroAmericans at this point because too many have become immoral and criminal minded to build any type of meaningful relationship toward success with.
Some of these clowns would only hold back progress.
Let 'em go and let's move on.

@Pioneer1 Thoughtful strategy, from a historical point of view your strategy has already shown its challenge in being implemented in the black community in the usa. While history also shows it is warranted based on the, unbridgeable, positions of various black tribes to each other in the black community in the usa. 

The challenge is black leaders of most tribes in the black community in the usa historically find it very difficult to tell their tribal members to be about their tribe and stop proselytizing or condemning other tribes and wish the other tribes fare thee well with love. It is not historically unprecedented, but it is rare from the 1500s to today. 

3 hours ago, richardmurray said:

@Pioneer1 Thoughtful strategy, from a historical point of view your strategy has already shown its challenge in being implemented in the black community in the usa. While history also shows it is warranted based on the, unbridgeable, positions of various black tribes to each other in the black community in the usa. 

The challenge is black leaders of most tribes in the black community in the usa historically find it very difficult to tell their tribal members to be about their tribe and stop proselytizing or condemning other tribes and wish the other tribes fare thee well with love. It is not historically unprecedented, but it is rare from the 1500s to today. 

FACTS

Whether the groupings were based on religion, political affiliation, or militant Black empowerment....one of the main problems was their desire to fight with and harm other AfroAmericans who didn't see eye-to-eye with them.

It seems that a lot of our people enjoy fighting with eachother more than they enjoy fighting racism...and this was the case even the 50s and 60s.

Infact a lot of street gangs that exist today who see eachother as mortal enemies originally started off a clubs formed by young men to protect themselves and their neighborhoods from racist violence from Whites.  But as often is the case, once they ran the White folks away....they turned on eachother.

I thought this conversation was about the poem. @richardmurray did you every reveal what you thought? 

eecummings nigger poem.jpg

On 9/4/2022 at 7:33 PM, Pioneer1 said:

New York with such diversity music, food, cultures, and people in general

unless you have very cosmopolitan or well-off parents you would have grown up in a segregated neighborhood and did what the people in your neighborhood did.  We had "Chinese" or "Spanish" food. I did not begin to enjoy the diversity of NYC until I was an adult.

New York is too dense (too many people) for my taste.  I was in central park last week and the super tall buildings cast shadows across the park now... There are now 5 or 6 apartment buildings taller than the empire state building in NYC -- when I was a kid that was the tallest building on the planet.

Troy

There are now 5 or 6 apartment buildings taller than the empire state building in NYC -- when I was a kid that was the tallest building on the planet.

I thought after 9/11 (which was over 20 years ago...hard to believe) they CLAIMED they weren't gonna build any more sky scrapers....lol.

But I'm curious..........

You said the Empire building was the tallest building on the planet when you were a kid.
Wasn't the Twin Towers around then?
And I'm not sure but I thought the Sears Tower in Chicago was around then too.

All three of those buildings were around in the early 70s if not late 60s.

No @Troy no one suggested anything outside Cynique who didn't offer any artistic take, more a snide on its content, which is fine, so I left it alone. 

:)

yeah the image is the other poem which i placed in the linked status in the original post. 

But I will ask you, what do you think? I posted this to get replies to the poetry from others, to chime in if needed. Not to be the center of multilog.

Oh OK, I did not see the image of the poem on your page.  

The poem did nothing for me, so I did not comment on it.  It probably went over my head.

I think a better prompt would be for you to tell us what you think.  What do you think?  You were moved enough to share it; why? 

20 hours ago, Troy said:

New York is too dense (too many people) for my taste.  I was in central park last week and the super tall buildings cast shadows across the park now... There are now 5 or 6 apartment buildings taller than the empire state building in NYC -- w

It wasn't until the end of the 90's that I realised I don't like crowds. 

New York is a place I no longer recognise.

@richardmurray I don't understand why you won't share your take on the poem.  

These buildings are so tall now that they literary cast a shadow across Central Park.  Two of these buildings are taller than the Empire State building really is unbelievable.   It is wasted real estate as housing is still overpriced -- unaffordable for too many (including me).  Pretty soon to even drive to these buildings you have to pay a toll.

From a distance, it looks like the Borg (star trek reference) took over the island of Manhattan.  

@Delano If you visited NY you would probably be overwhelmed. The worse part is the homeless people everywhere.  in my old housing project there are junkies all over the place1 it reminds me of the 70's. 

blackout of central park.jpg

@Troy Because I want to hear what others think without something to reply too. I find one of the biggest problems with communication online is the replying nature. PEople feed off of replies. They read an article then go to the replies. And then spend so much time on the replies. I sometimes don't want to be the starter. A work of art shouldn't require anyone to speak first for anyone to have a comment. 

19 hours ago, Troy said:

The worse part is the homeless people everywhere.  in my old housing project there are junkies all over the place1 it reminds me of the 70's. 

I think most of this has happened within the past ten years or so, especially after the so-called "Great Recession" when so many people....especially Black people....had their homes taken away from them.
That, along with the growing supply of heroin flooding the streets since the invasion of Afghanistan 20 years ago.

Homelessness has exploded in every big city in this nation.

@Pioneer1  no in NYC.... NYC has always been full of homeless people, the problem is the location of the homeless has adjusted. NYC under adams already did away with  many havens for the homeless, in his campaign against what he considers a crime riddled city, under bridges or overpasses and other places. The flood and the response to sars-cov-2 got homeless people out of the sewers or subways. but with all these administrative changes, homeless people simply settle where they find themselves and thus all over the city. To home ownership another no, the problem is NYC has a large percentage of people who still owe rent. Circa over a billion dollars and most of those people are not black.