ENTITLEMENT? Black Women Arrested for Mass Shooting

ENTITLEMENT? Black Women Arrested for Mass Shooting

This viral video showed up on Bing this morning however, it happened a few days ago.

A young Black woman of Atlanta, Georgia, Raissa Kengne, went on a killing rampage and was caught in the airport trying to flee. She shot and killed two (2) men and wounded another and also attempted to kill another, but she could not find him.

raissa_kengne.jpg

The story went completely viral, and the comments and opinions are wildly varied. Raissa has been living in Atlanta for a few years, however, she is from Africa and from Cameroon. She went to college and succeeded in obtaining a degree and then went on to get her master’s degree, I believe. Then she started working as an accountant at a firm and soon, she stated that the company was not ethical. For this reason, she became labeled a whistle blower and she then claimed that she became harassed. She lived in a very nice condo and was facing foreclosure. She claimed that in retaliation, her realtor assisted in having her apartment broken into and some personal files were taken. At her company, she then was offered a promotion at $12.00 more, but she apparently resigned, filed a lawsuit, and ran out of money. Now I wonder was that ‘hush money’? Anyway, she filed a lawsuit by herself, and it was an extremely grueling process with her having to construct a massive amount of paperwork. It seems like she hit a dead end imo. So obviously, she came to a breaking point.

So a few days ago, she shot and killed a management man at her condo and then went to the building where she had worked and shot and killed another man. Then she got a taxi and had the taxi drive her to the home of lawyer that she may have wanted to kill as well, but he was not home. She did shoot another man, but he is now hospitalized. So after she left the house of the lawyer, she got back into the cab and while the cab driver was enroute to the airport, he got a call from his supervisor and the police inquiring if she was in his cab. He said that he had driver her before and so, he informed her asked her was she in any trouble and also told her that he had gotten a call about her. He later realized that she could have killed him. Like her, the cab driver was from Cameroon as well. Once she got to the airport, she was finally apprehended and arrested. So now, some commenters believe that she should be fully prosecuted and have no mercy while some believe that she was wronged. My thoughts are this; is that a normal reaction for AfroAmericans if we feel that we have been wronged on the job? I can’t count how many times; I’ve faced job hardship and hit the bottom. And, I know how it feels to be humiliated and mocked in such situations. But, it was never an option to take the law into my own hands. Raissa apparently came her all by herself and no other family member came with her. I think that is a big problem. I feel that she came here with high hopes but also with a false sense of security.

Many immigrants come here and make it big, and do much better than many AfroAmericans, and sometimes, I get feeling that they have been made to view us AfroAmericans and lazy and low on the job spectrum because our own doing. However, I also feel that some immigrants come here with family members or have some type of cultural connections to help them with emotional support. Raissa was here all by herself and she actually did pretty well. But when she felt that things went wrong, she fought back and obviously, did not like the outcome. I wonder if this is a case of entitlement that perhaps, AfroAmericans don’t possess in situations like what she had faced. I don’t know, but this story has led to a lot of polarized comments.

CAB DRIVER ACCOUNT

In my historical assessment of black people this is common among black people. 

Some black people even before the war between the states, just attacked white people. we forget how many slave revolts failed:) 

IT is more common than black people in the USA like to admit for a black person to be fed up and go the violent route.  

No entitlement. 

And my last support is that the majority of black people in all the tribes <DOS/JAmacian/Ethiopian> in the Black COmmunity in the USA  accept abuse from the white system. But, there are always those black folk who do this. I don't see entitlement just common expenctancy

• Like 1

19 hours ago, richardmurray said:

Some black people even before the war between the states, just attacked white people. we forget how many slave revolts failed:) 

IT is more common than black people in the USA like to admit for a black person to be fed up and go the violent route.  

No entitlement. 

And my last support is that the majority of black people in all the tribes <DOS/JAmacian/Ethiopian> in the Black COmmunity in the USA  accept abuse from the white system. But, there are always those black folk who do this. I don't see entitlement just common expenctancy

It is common among all people. A Korean student at VA Tech had been bullied and subject to racism, and he flipped out and shot students. White workers often show up at their place of employment shooting people due to real or imagined abuse. We all learn to take a lot of crap in this society, and sometimes we just get tired of taking it. Since black people take more crap than whites, generally, I'm surprised there aren't more incidents of violent retribution. The Uvalde school shooter was Mexican. also bullied.

The most vile incidents by far are those committed due to motivation of racist ideology, like Dylan Rooff shooting up the black church in Charleston, or that freak in Pittsburgh shooting up the synagogue. I cannot think of any black examples of this. I suppose that's because the black community really doesn't have organized racist cults as whites do, with the possible exception of NOI, but they seem to control their members. Black Hebrew Israelites are supremacists, but despite their violent rhetoric I'm not aware of them attacking whites or blacks, both of whom they threaten to kill en masse.

There are so many idiots at jobsites I'd love to knock out. I don't think of killing them... just a good smack. I mean on one job. where we had to speak Spanish, I was getting persecuted by the Puerto Rican supervisor because I speak Spanish like a Mexican. and he hated Mexicans. He'd write me up for saying things the Mexican way while he's spewing Puerto Rican slang all over the place, but that's ok...

Our workplaces are often VERY abusive. That is a problem we need to address.

As a society, people need to find a better way of airing their grievances that doesn't involve killing  someone else. 

For that very reason, I'm a proponent of suicide.  I would propose to a would be killer that they shoot themselves instead of shooting other people regardless of whether it's coworkers or an ex-lover or anybody else. 

That way, there's less grief and a lower body count and no court trial and less paperwork. Some people are too d8mn selfish.  😎

@Michel Montvert  I am not surprised because, the history of black peoples relationship to whites in the 13 colonies and then the usa from said 13 colonies went from an overwhelming majority , circa ninety five percent, who hated the usa side whites to a plurality in modernity who are a blend of pro usa pro white anti usa anti white and others. The reason for the plurality in modernity is not just whites, it is black people as well. Many black people underrate how the circa four percent of blacks who supported the creation of the usa side living positively with whites had members who worked  very hard in the black community to their cause. I am not saying right or wrong but it is historical fact.

Your second paragraph relate to my first reply. The black community went from a standard of hate against whites plus the usa. Didn't need a cult. If anything the cult in the black community was the cult of pro usa the cult of interracial peaceful living that became larger and larger and larger into the modern black community today. James baldwin said it best himself, his father hated whites, the whole black church did. They didn't see an interracial peaceful living. They couldn't bend to it. going back to that cult that baldwin was a partial member of. 

Well... outside of human beings stop being human. The answer is simple, black people , as shirley chisholm said, must involve ourselves in business ownership at a very very high quantity. I concur to her. In fiscal capitalism, owning is key. Yes, government can massage business, but that is a far harder thing than simply owning. It goes to women as well. Own and you control, the overseer government model takes a long time

@ProfD dueling used to be legal in the usa, and is still legal in some parts of humanity today. 

Your position has one flaw, that is what war is for:) WAr is not evil, it serves a function as vital as peace. The day humanity has no violence in it,  is the day, humanity is enslaved to something that is forcing it to be inhuman 

31 minutes ago, richardmurray said:

@Michel Montvert  I am not surprised because, the history of black peoples relationship to whites in the 13 colonies and then the usa from said 13 colonies went from an overwhelming majority , circa ninety five percent, who hated the usa side whites to a plurality in modernity who are a blend of pro usa pro white anti usa anti white and others. The reason for the plurality in modernity is not just whites, it is black people as well. Many black people underrate how the circa four percent of blacks who supported the creation of the usa side living positively with whites had members who worked  very hard in the black community to their cause. I am not saying right or wrong but it is historical fact.

Your second paragraph relate to my first reply. The black community went from a standard of hate against whites plus the usa. Didn't need a cult. If anything the cult in the black community was the cult of pro usa the cult of interracial peaceful living that became larger and larger and larger into the modern black community today. James baldwin said it best himself, his father hated whites, the whole black church did. They didn't see an interracial peaceful living. They couldn't bend to it. going back to that cult that baldwin was a partial member of. 

Well... outside of human beings stop being human. The answer is simple, black people , as shirley chisholm said, must involve ourselves in business ownership at a very very high quantity. I concur to her. In fiscal capitalism, owning is key. Yes, government can massage business, but that is a far harder thing than simply owning. It goes to women as well. Own and you control, the overseer government model takes a long time

Good awareness of history you have, and a good perspective. I may want to be less pessimistic, if that's what it is...

I try to imagine myself in that situation (slavery, then Jim Crow) and I'd likely not be real happy about white folks either. The cult of Love-USA, yes, that is the cult, not black people realistically reacting against oppression by whites. Reaction against oppression is sanity.

I guess I feel a need to bring awareness to the fact that the racist system created the distinction of black and white, they made us into these 2 groups and then told us we were opposed to each other. That is a lie. And therefore, not every white person is the enemy. Some of us do NOT like the ambient racism in this country.

I saw a Jim Crow "whites only" sign in Virginia in 1959, and I asked my Mom, "What's a white?" I did not know that I was "white". She replied, "You know, like us, not colored." So... our identity is predicated on NOT being black??? At nine years old I was a smartassed little kid and I saw that, saw the contradiction. We are defined by NOT being THEM??? Oh hell no... We define ourselves as "white" by not being them, and then we won't let them eat at the diner??? Cracka please...

I voted for Shirley Chisholm for President. And she's right. Economy, as any Marxist would say, is the basis of everything. I do not hold to the economic determinism of Marxism, but certainly economy is essential, crucial, paramount, damned near close to what Marxists say. Here I am now in rural Virginia, near Charlottesville and near where I had that nasty experience in 1959 with Jim Crow and with the nasty cracker who reacted to my naive Yankeeboy comments. Around here are many black people. We intentionally patronize them. We hire guys to do tree work, painting. tractor work, all sorts of stuff. They have businesses doing this stuff. There's one outfit who has all the tree equipment, the huge manipulators of logs and all that. They're nice people. We are conscious that the black economy is important and we support it. Besides, the WHITES who are the alternative are all Trumpos! I don't want to even associate with them, let alone give them money.

If you're not aware of this already, let me inform you that there are MANY whites like us who feel this way and do NOT like the racist and rightwing whites. And they threaten us as they threaten you. So, we may not have to suffer the daily racist environment as blacks do, nobody pulls us over for driving while black, but when these nutcases rise up they intend to shoot us before they shoot you. They've told me that many times.

I utterly agree with the self-help economic rap as used to be pushed by Tony Brown, if you're old enough to remember him. That is true for all communities. My white West Virginia people have the exact same problem. There aren't even food stores up there for many people. It's a food desert, a rural white ghetto. We have common interests. We're stronger united.

Right-thinking people, I advocate that we unite. Forget about the irredeemable racist dungheaded whites and the unconscious asleep blacks. The rest of us will get it done.

1 hour ago, richardmurray said:

@ProfD Your position has one flaw, that is what war is for:) WAr is not evil, it serves a function as vital as peace. The day humanity has no violence in it,  is the day, humanity is enslaved to something that is forcing it to be inhuman 

There is a difference between war and murder. 

I'm a proponent of folks protecting themselves by any means necessary. 

I don't think folks should kill each other out of envy, jealousy, greed, hatred or because their feelings got hurt. 

It is sad if one truly believes humanity cannot exist without violence. 😎

@Michel Montvert I am not pessimistic but I have come to accept the full spectrum of positions from individuals in the black community.  I rather tell any black person how their position can work or be bettered. which I have done. I have been fortunate to know all sorts of black people, from people you will deem part of the multiracial right thinking to those you will deem unconscious asleep black folk. I don't knock any of their positions because in my mind, they all have value. The black experience in the USA is full spectrum, nothing is unwarranted by Black people, and Black people in the past, our ancestors,  have been everything in relations to the usa or the white people in it. I rather not criminalize any black folk, even though I opposed the DC Snipers activities as well as Obama's elected tenure from illinois states senate to president, I comprehend both. My comment below to ProfD is another prime example. I don't need any black person's mind to change. 

@ProfD well, fair enough, I do not concur. And as always in this forum I have no interest in changing minds. ... But, your position continues one of the great dysfunctions in the black community in the USA. from the USA's beginning and even in the 13 colonies of britian it was from, a small perentage of Black people thought like you and they had no bridge possible with the majority of black people who didn't. Even though today percentages have changed the bridge is still impossible but the two sides are still valid. 

19 minutes ago, richardmurray said:

But, your position continues one of the great dysfunctions in the black community in the USA. 

From the tenor of some of your posts, I get the impression that you believe Black folks should have used violence (war)  in order to liberate themselves and/or send a message.

If I'm reading it *right*, my position is not in opposition to war under certain circumstances.

There have been several instances that I feel that war would have been warranted. But, I won't go there on a public forum. That's a conversation for the gun range. 😎

On 9/6/2022 at 6:24 PM, richardmurray said:

@richardmurray Yes, thank you for bringing out this perspective! 

No entitlement. 

But, Raissa's reaction today, made me feel that her actions are not what most AfroAmericans would resort to doing today as opposed to chattel slavery times.

In chattel slavery times, Blacks were actually dealing with evil White behaviors on a whole other level! Rapes, and severe deprivations like starving and not having proper clothing to work in the cotton fields, and babies being taken from their arms right after birth, men having their genitals cut off, and public whippings, etc.

So, I can understand Black retaliation with violence back in those days, but today, I just don't recall hearing anything like that today on a mass scale.

Some of the articles of which I did not post had the term 'ENTITLED' and already prejudiced my mind, I do admit, but I still do think this. 

I don't know about us though, meaning AFroAmericans. I think that we have been weakened by systematic racism. I don't know if I can even recall such actions coming from us on this scale today. But if you can, please share. I might be suppressing this kind of reaction, unknowingly. 

On 9/6/2022 at 7:05 PM, richardmurray said:

don't know if it is true, but she isn't from cameroon, she was raised in ohio 

Raissa Kengne (Atlanta Midtown Shooter) Age, Parents, Siblings, Relationship, Bio (49ultra.com)

Ahhhh!!! Thank you for this! So, she deliberately led people to believe that she was here in the Americas all by herself@

Because she made statements saying that she was here alone and not in HER COUNTRY.

Nevertheless, she has a strong accent so, imo, she definitely acquired her confidence from having been rasied by both of her Cameroonian parents and having been born and raised in a lovely big home and nice community. This confidence guided her continually to be very successful and obtaining a college degree and a master's degree as well. She qualified and was able to move into a plush condo community and live a upscaled life.

I feel so sorry for her, because I know how it feels to be thrown down, however, I never thought of killing my supervisors or lawyers. 

21 hours ago, ProfD said:

As a society, people need to find a better way of airing their grievances that doesn't involve killing  someone else. 

Yes, I agree.

That way, there's less grief and a lower body count and no court trial and less paperwork. Some people are too d8mn selfish.  😎

Again, I agree here too. 

I sympathize with her anguish but, I feel that what she endured happens a lot.

It was not just her, and it's a real problem, but shooting and murdering someone won't change anything on a wide scale.

@ProfD From the 13 colonies to the war between the states, the only way any Black individual or group escaped slavery in the USA was some form or level of violence.  Marches, speeches, court room cases, legislative bodies was unable to free 99% of black people in the USA.  Now after the war between the states, laws changed, the situation changed. And thus the needs to results changed. After the war, if you are black and you want to be a citizen of the USA living equal among others after the war between the states, violence isn't necessarily needed depending on the state you live in or the neighbors you have.  After the war, if you are black and you want to get revenge on whites, then you need violence. IT is about results professor. I have no problem with nonviolence or violence. the goal is results, and whatever needs to get results is how I view the black community globally. 

@Chevdove ANyone who says the USA is the same as the prebellum is wrong. Yes, whites still abuse blacks, but blacks are not enslaved as in the past, in the USA. And your right, it isn't the mass scale, though I do think that free black homes in the usa historically don't push violence when things don't go our way the way white homes in the usa traditionally do. 

In NYC every year I recall at least one black person attacking a white, white jew/white latino/white asian on phenotypical grounds. Comprehend, NYC has a lot of events that don't go publicized. If you live in a small town that has three hundred people, one percent is three. So people will say, if one percent are emitting negativity. this is a small quiet town. but nyc is over eight million people <I daresay ten million but counting the true homeless and similars is...> so one percent of eight million is eighty thousand people. NYC is mostly peaceful but when you compare eighty thousand to three, NYC seems quite violent. Even though it is a small percentage of the populace. So, I can't say how many black people in NYC have emitted violence to whites in phenotypical negative bias, and the news media with "eighty thousand" stories will choose stories of black people unintentionally hurt with firearm use by Blacks or non asians attacking asians or blacks attacking white jews over black people attacking whites or blacks being attacked by nonblacks for phenotypical negative bias. 

Well yeah NYC is full of immigrants, she can say she comes from cameroon, she doesn't ok. I can tell you, people who actually are raised in Africa are different than those raised in the USA. And the proof is modern immigrants from Africa themselves. I Can tell you , many parents from Africa recently, have told me how they don't comprehend these kids in the usa, many. And don't assume about her personal life, in my experience, many parents, not most, from Africa are not as supportive as you suggest. They cloth and feed but it isn't as supportive as you suggest. 

But the USA has always had black people fed up in it, always. And, the reasons should be common knowledge. Black people can argue, how to react to negativity in the USA but I think that is a dysfunctional argument. In all earnest, she needed to leave the USA. That was the real answer for her. ... As I tell all peoples, from various places, if you are unhappy where you live ,and you don't want violence at some point you need to leave. Cause how long can you be unhappy in a place nonviolently while not enslaved? Not forever. Not till you die. 

There is a difference between war and murder. 

I'm a proponent of folks protecting themselves by any means necessary. 

I don't think folks should kill each other out of envy, jealousy, greed, hatred or because their feelings got hurt. 

It is sad if one truly believes humanity cannot exist without violence. 😎

If it's change we want, I don't think the question comes down to violence or non-violence. It comes down to effective tactics. There are times when violence is appropriate. However, non-violence has great advantages, and is a way of breaking with the violent past of humanity. And violence has the disadvantage that once it starts, it becomes indiscriminate. People end up being shot just for being black or white. That accomplishes nothing.

So, I think the BPP was right to carry guns for self-defense, but at the same time it seems that as a political tactic, non-violence is the best way to go, pragmatically if not ethically.