Funny humour to the Elisabeth II of england, not true, just a joke

On 9/11/2022 at 5:43 PM, richardmurray said:

Many millenial knows the former regnum of england 

Okay this is too funny!

ROFL!

I am going to share this.

On the the serious side though, a lot of people in the continent of Africa are NOT mourning the death of queen Elizabeth. There is an uproar going on in certain areas.

I also saw in the cnn news, I think, that the newly crowned Charles III is being pressed to make a statement about REPARATIONS.

• Like 1

According to Twitter, the people of Ireland  are not widely mourning  the monarch who represented a country they have had strained  relations with for centuries.  The same with India, where Elizabeth held the honorary title of being the Empress of.  The history of England's colonization of India is not a particularly honorable one. With the passing of the Queen many of the commonwealth nations including the ones in Africa are considering severing their ties with England  Even  a substantial number of her subjects, are not fans of the monarchy, believing it should be abolished, but it is a tradition others cherish. The media is aggrandizing it, capitalizing on its fairy tale appeal to millions of romantics.  Queen Elizabeth had very little power and was just a figurehead who really did nothing but lead a life of luxury between making public appearances.

A majority of people have never known a time when Elizabeth wasn't "The Queen".  It was like she was the queen of the world. Similarly, for the first 12 years of my life, I never knew any POTUS other than Franklin D. Roosevelt, back in the days before the presidency had term limits.  I was 20 years old when Elizabeth was crowned queen in 1953 after her father died.  I remember quite well watching this elaborate ceremony on TV.  

English history has always been a hotbed of scandals and murder and intrigue.  And this continues to this day.

One gratifying thing about being my age is how much history I have been around to witness. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Cynique said:

The media is aggrandizing it, capitalizing on its fairy tale appeal to millions of romantics.  Queen Elizabeth had very little power and was just a figurehead who really did nothing but lead a life of luxury between making public appearances.

The whole monarchy is an exercise in pomp and circumstance and high level grifting. 😁

Yet, the United Kingdom (UK) has upheld this tradition for centuries.  A case study in consistency.

You're right...the commonwealth is slowing dissolving.  Those nations are tired of paying a tax for what little they get in return. 😎

@Chevdove glad you enjoyed:) to africans...of course not, the british empire like the statian empire is an empire, it has many well earned enemies.  Maybe they don't get revenge but they aren't going to lie to themselves are they? 

@Cynique your choice of words is very gentle... ireland has a strained relationship with england... england's dominion over the indian subcontinent which inclued pakistan and bangadesh was not particularly honorable :)  you do like to speak very gently. 

@ProfDand generational wealth. many black people talk about generational wealth in the usa context, but generational wealth historically is mostly through generals or warlords putting crowns on their head and with their power anointing their bloodlines owners of all under that crown , thus they own all, generational wealth 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richardmurray said:

your choice of words is very gentle... ireland has a strained relationship with england... england's dominion over the indian subcontinent which inclued pakistan and bangadesh was not particularly honorable :)  you do like to speak very gently. 

@richardmurrayWell, you had your chance to speak harshly and chose to makes jokes and apologize for doing so. 😉

• Like 2

I've heard conspiracies that the Royal Family of England really IS a royal family and that they are actually in charge.
Not just of England but Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and some even claim the United States.

They say it's not just "ceremonial" but actual and that this so-called "Democracy" business is just a front or cover-up for the Monarchy.

Whether that's true or not....clearly someone OTHER THAN the federally elected officials are in charge and calling the shots.

9 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

I've heard conspiracies that the Royal Family of England really IS a royal family and that they are actually in charge.

Well, Prince William did just inherit a billion dollars.  This mf'er has never worked in as much as a pie factory.  Neither did his granny or daddy.  High class grifters.  The whole lot of them.🤣😎