Black Adults fail Black Children, but it isn't in the way you may think

I did not know Japan had significant problems in their school systems. This is a total surprise to me. I remember in the past that America seemed to have become enamored with Japanese educational system, so much so, that our schools began to model after them. I vaguely remember having kindergarten schools removing the nap time completely based on Japanese style schools. And even now, I don’t agree.

I thought nap time was good for kids at that age. But America began raising the academic requirements and so, kids have been pushed harder to achieve higher intellect goals. Now, I am reading from this thread that Japan ran into problems!?

So, this thread is very informative. I can see the benefit in that Korean film too, it seems like a wakeup call.

Then you added the religious spend on this thread of the Jewish private schools and also the Christian schools.

Yes, after integration, I could see very well, that White people who still did not like Black kids going into the classroom with their kids came up with another solution. They simply implemented rigorous programs within the public school systems that BINGO, integration was in full swing!!!

So, I do agree that Black schools should continue as you have said

However, I have come across too many under educated Black teachers, I this enrages me!

If we are going to push for integration too, we need to do better as far as academics.

It’s ridiculous, too many Black schools have become nothing but a party environment.

I went to black schools and highly condone it, but again, the act of hiring favorites is not a good thing.

My institution was amazing though and their professional staff, better than many White colleges, but that is not the same everywhere.

IMO, education is first, partying and football should be secondary behind academics.

We need to compete on a global level when it comes to academics.

My views on religion, private schools, etc. is another issue!

Japan, Korea, the Jews, and Christians have the privilege of organizing schools to their liking but, when their kids try to compete with the world, problems surface!

25 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

But America began raising the academic requirements....

We need to compete on a global level when it comes to academics.

The *problem* I have with our American educational system is that it's preparing people for jobs that either do not exist and/or may not exist in the future. 

In a few years, we won't need more folks sitting in cubicles spinning around in a chair and thinking all day. 

There will come a point in time that folks will have to actually *produce* something tangible. Raise your hand if you know how to grow a garden.😁

Right now, there are plenty folks with degrees working menial jobs in order to survive because they can't find a job in their field.

Nevermind that business administration isn't actually a career field. 🤣😎

@Chevdove yes, by america you mean whites in the usa , became enamored.

And this is a hard topic:) Black people in the usa, or the english colonies that preceded it have a complicated history with white people before or during the usa and to the usa itself. It is not a straight line. 

And Black people have always been into varying unbridgeable tribes about who we are or how we relate to whites or the usa itself. 

The essence of this topic is vital. 

I concur to you side @ProfD about education having value, being necessary, in or out of schools or any scholastic environment. 

But, We black adults have to come admit to ourselves what we don't provide for black children. We have to say to ourselves and to black children, as black adults, we are failing you. White adults aren't failing white children when a tribe of white children can fail a standard test over 99% and they are being protected successfully by nearly all around them from critique from admonishment from ridicule. 

To be blunt, no black set of children DOS/from caribbean/from the continent can say they reached 99% failure on a standardized test and yet, all black children's can attest to being constantly admonished by non blacks as well as many blacks. 

The last question is simple,  are black adults asking black children to overcome black adults failings as well as live in and change a white country as well as simply grow as human beings? 

Post script

if that is what we black adults are asking black children, then shame on us. We black adults have to give, provide, make more for black children 

23 hours ago, ProfD said:

The *problem* I have with our American educational system is that it's preparing people for jobs that either do not exist and/or may not exist in the future. 

Oh yes, this is true. 

We need analysts and experts to research this topic though, and then train counselors to guide students into the right direction in what kind of educational program to be in so that when they complete the required courses, they can be thrive in society. 

Also, I believe that trained counselors should assess Black students at the appropriate age, and help to see their talents and then better assist them into going into a direction that would cause them to be further educated in a particular field of study. I believe it a job that both parents and counselors should do and this would be a benefit to humanity as a whole. Instead, imo, a lot of Black kids are saying at an early age that they want to be a rap star or a hair salon worker, or a football player and they are considering other areas of employment. 

@Chevdove, the research and analysis has already proven that a concentration in Science, Math, Engineering and Computers has the highest job placement rate.  However, there are many students who will not excel in those areas of study. 

To that end, I agree that if we identify aptitude, talent, vocation and interest(s) of young people, it is possible to come up with the  best fit academic track for those students too.

Most importantly, AfroAmericans have to create more job opportunities so that our people can thrive and survive in society without having to depend on others for employment. 

White folks are already giving jobs to other minorities in order to displace Black folks.  It's just a matter of time before they run out of lottery tickets, er, jobs.  Then, White folks will be able to say...we've given you people 100 years to become self-sufficient.  You should have consumed less (cars, clothes, houses, etc.) and invested in your own economic infrastructure.  

One dollar should exchange hands about 8 times within the same community before it ever leaves.  AfroAmericans are way behind the 8 ball in that regard.  That knowledge needs to be a part of the education too.😎

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ProfD said:

White folks are already giving jobs to other minorities in order to displace Black folks.

@ProfD That jobs are being given to other minorities to displace Blacks is a frustration for me because it is obvious wherever I go.

This is happening in Blue collar jobs as well as jobs that require higher learning, jobs that many Black people can fill but are not given the chance.

15 minutes ago, ProfD said:

Most importantly, AfroAmericans have to create more job opportunities so that our people can thrive and survive in society without having to depend on others for employment. 

Definitely. But I wonder how this can happen. 

Good jobs mean better housing too and so many other things. We are being pushed out of the market.

On 9/15/2022 at 2:53 PM, Chevdove said:

@ProfD That jobs are being given to other minorities to displace Blacks is a frustration for me because it is obvious wherever I go.

This is happening in Blue collar jobs as well as jobs that require higher learning, jobs that many Black people can fill but are not given the chance.

👍

On 9/15/2022 at 5:53 PM, Chevdove said:

Definitely. But I wonder how this can happen.  Good jobs mean better housing too and so many other things. We are being pushed out of the market.

Eventually, we will have no choice but to become more self-sufficient in creating opportunities that benefit us instead of waiting around for them

I believe  if 100 AfroAmericans divided equally among men and women were thrown out into the wilderness with the tools required to survive, they would figure out how to feed, clothe and house themselves.

Unfortunately, the current situation doesn't require us to think along those lines. 😎

27 minutes ago, ProfD said:

I believe  if 100 AfroAmericans divided equally among men and women were thrown out into the wilderness with the tools required to survive, they would figure out how to feed, clothe and house themselves.

If they were reared in the rural south, maybe.  But most of live in major urban centers, and I doubt any of us can survive more than a few weeks, especially if the weather is shitty.

Besides it would be a life of constant work.  Is that the way you wanna live, as if we were back in the 16th century?

5 minutes ago, Troy said:

Besides it would be a life of constant work.  Is that the way you wanna live, as if we were back in the 16th century?

No. I made the statement in the context of thinking in terms of self-sufficiency. We shouldn't take for granted that jobs are going to be provided for us indefinitely. 😎

ProfD

I believe  if 100 AfroAmericans divided equally among men and women were thrown out into the wilderness with the tools required to survive, they would figure out how to feed, clothe and house themselves.

....and I believe you're right.

But probably after a few fist fights and maybe even a homicide which would be necessary to RE-establish a more natural heirarchy necessary in any society to get things done.

But your statement is the MAIN reason Caucasians don't want AfroAmericans to be independent and constantly monitor and "interfere" in Black organizing.  
They know with practice and experience we will not only learn how to survive without them but eventually build a BETTER civilization than theirs.

The smart and wise Caucasians KNOW this.

Troy

Besides it would be a life of constant work.  Is that the way you wanna live, as if we were back in the 16th century?

As unbelievable and as silly as this may sound to you, I'd be willing to live like they did in the 16th century for a few years IF IT MEANS getting Black people on the right track towards a more forward and progressive society.

In otherwords.....

If we have to take a step back to RE-SET the button and get on the right track from where we veered off as a people....I'm for it.
And as society moved on FROM that point...we would move on toward progress rather than where our community is today.

🤔Think about it...

If we were to live like Caucasians lived in the 16th century we wouldn't have electricity or running water in our homes BUT there would be no drugs, no AIDS, no mass incarceration.  If you think about it, our people would have farming skills, carpentry skills, know how to farm and hunt, know how to form and maintain our own society,  ect...

We'd be in MUCH better shape living like Caucasians did in the 16th century than most of our people are living TODAY.