The. Woman. King. New. Movie.

Actress. Viola. Davis  Movie. The. Woman. King. She. Says. This. A. Important. Movie. In. Her. Career. Dark. Skinned. Woman. An. All. Women. Army. In. The. Kingdom. Of. Dahoney ,That. Is. Now West. Africa. Benin . She. Trained. For. The Role. Weight. Lifting. Martial. Arts. . Warrior. Army. Of. Dark. Skinned. Women. No White. Savior. . I. Read. ..She Is. Interesting. Movie. Sounds. Interesting 

I like Viola Davis and think she's a beautiful woman and great actress, however.....

I think this is just another attempt to brainwash Black women and influence them to be masculine and act like men.
Especially Black girls.

Even the NAME of this movie...."Woman King".

Why not simply "Queen"????

That's like naming a movie "Male Wife"....WTF???

Just another attempt to masculinize Black woman; it's as plain as day.

Won't let the sista be a queen.
Wanna make her a man....a king in drag.

White racists know what they're doing when they promote certain movies and push certain themes. 
A lot of Black people have no idea.....because THEY don't think like that.
A lot of our people foolishly think that because THEY don't sit around plotting and planning how to ruin the lives of White people.....well "by golly THEY can't be doing it either!"
How silly.

White racists....many of whom are sociologists and psychologists...spend DECADES studying Black people, our cultures, our habits, how Black men and women get along with eachother.  They plot and plan ways to destabilize Black man/female relationships to influence the mating process and reduce the population.
This movie is just another such move.

@Pioneer1 one must ask, Have you seen the movie?

Another Afrocentric Brother, who actually watched movie, recommended it without reservation.

15 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I think this is just another attempt to brainwash Black women and influence them to be masculine and act like men.
Especially Black girls.

You do realize the Dahomey are well known for their all-female army which existed long before America was founded?  What does that do to your theory of "...another attempt to brainwash Black women and influence them to be masculine and act like men. Especially Black girls."?

Yes, Davis is a great actress 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Troy

I'm a truth seeker and desire to know ACCURATE history.

1. Hollywood isn't known for it's historical accuracy.

2. Regardless of the historical facts, RIGHT NOW we need BLACK BOYS to grow up and be strong men and fight to defend our community...not more encouragement of the GIRLS to do so.

If the girls are the ones designated to grow up and be the "strong warriors".....then what the hell use are the boys???

Also, Black folks have been making movies since the 30s...so if this movie isn't part of a larger agenda to further masculinize the image of Black woman and encourage Black girls to be masculine and rebellious....why didn't we see Black movies about "Black women warriors" back 30 or 40 or 60 years ago??
Why now???

Things to think about while you're gobbling down pop corn  hee heeing and kee keeying and ooooing and awwwing in the damn movie theater...lol.

194 Friends Laughing At The Comedy Movie Stock Photos, Pictures &  Royalty-Free Images - iStock

"Oooooo look at that!
Them sistas SHO can throw down.....hee  hee  heeee!!!"

Just now, Pioneer1 said:

1. Hollywood isn't known for it's historical accuracy.

Of course not?!  This movie is designed to be entertaining.  You can probably find a documentary about the Dahomey, if you are looking for something historically accurate.  Still, this film will probably spur many people to learn more about the Dahomey and there is value in that.  Don't you think?

3 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

2. Regardless of the historical facts, RIGHT NOW we need BLACK BOYS to grow up and be strong men and fight to defend our community...not more encouragement of the GIRLS to do so.

My friend, you are often too quick to dispense with the historical facts.  They matter.  Have you considered why the Dahomey raised an army of female warriors?

6 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

why didn't we see Black movies about "Black women warriors" back 30 or 40 or 60 years ago??

Come on man! Think about the portrayal of Black people in film 60 years ago and you'll be able to answer your own question

• Like 2

Movies are supposed to be a form of entertainment.  However, there is plenty room for subliminal messaging

On the surface, this film  could be a version of Wonder Woman for Black folks.😁

I wholeheartedly believe there's a war on masculinity. The pussification of American society started way before this movie was released.

Otherwise, men who understand the goings on in America can sit back and eat their popcorn and enjoy the beautiful and wonderful Viola Davis doing her thing on the big screen. It's enterainment. 😎

• Thanks 1

@ProfD do you think the Dahomey were trying to "pussifiy" their men?

I think you are confusing the depiction of powerful Black women in film with "a war on masculinity."  

Surely you do not think there is a lack of Black masculinity in modern cinema, do you?

I think one can more reasonably argue that we should be more concerned with images of toxic masculinity than the pussification agenda you and @Pioneer1are asserting -- especially when it comes to Black men. 

• Like 2

@Troy, I'm not advocating this movie or anything about it specifically has to do with the war on masculinity or pussification of society. 

I just mentioned those efforts do exist in the grand scheme of things. 

That's why I ended my post with...it's entertainment. Enjoy the movie.😎

34 minutes ago, ProfD said:

I just mentioned those efforts do exist in the grand scheme of things. 

Then why mention it in the context of this movie and in reaction to Pioneer's declaration that that is what this movie is doing?  I am sure you can see why one would interpret your statement in the way that I have.  

Are you now saying that you disagree with about @Pioneer1's interpretation of this film and it's attempt to emasculate Black men?

@Troy,  I didn't mention the war on masculinity in the context of the movie. I could have not mentioned it in this thread. I can see how you or somone else would conflate it.

Since I haven't seen the movie, I cannot disagree with @Pioneer1's interpretation nor am I asserting that it emasculates men.

To avoid confusion in the future, I'll save my diatribe for the appropriate thread.😎

Troy

I don't have to see the movie to know that any trailer or poster praising Black women "warriors" and showing a bunch of tall angry looking Black women with big muscles buldging from their arms and swords in their hands is NOT the type of movie or image I want to see promoted to our youth.

No sir....don't have to look at the movie to come to THAT conclusion.

And if I DID waste $20 to go see that piece of propaganda...what should I expect to see in it?
Anything different than what I suspect?

I bet with all of this propaganda and so-called "history"...it won't even show Viola Davis topless or nude even though most of the women in that time DID go topless.

It shows what they WANT you to see....masculine muscled up Black women.

Still, this film will probably spur many people to learn more about the Dahomey and there is value in that.  Don't you think?

The BAD will outweigh the GOOD.

For every ONE person who watches a falsely narrated film and has the desire to go out and learn the TRUTH about it....about 14 or 15 others who will simply BELIEVE that's the way it actually went down and assume they're watching accurate history.

Hollywood and the powers who back Hollywood COUNT on this.

My friend, you are often too quick to dispense with the historical facts.  They matter.  Have you considered why the Dahomey raised an army of female warriors?

Yes.
For the same reason why most AfroAmerican families today are headed by single mothers.

I think one can more reasonably argue that we should be more concerned with images of toxic masculinity

What is your idea of "toxic masculinity"????

BTW...
I'm grabbing some snacks and propping up my feet to read THIS answer...lol

On 9/18/2022 at 11:26 AM, Pioneer1 said:

then what the hell use are the boys???

I hope (and believe) this generation of boys can figure this out for themselves. Because too many generations in the past have brainwashed them into thinking they are good for nothing.

Those who don't know their strengths aren't necessarily physical will always fail themselves, the Black community, and ultimately society. 

Custodial mothers, fathers, and even two-parent households who are wise enough to know what we don't know have reached out for help from those in the know. (not opinion-givers) And we have educated our children, especially boys, to know physical strength isn't enough in a society that requires intellect and problem-solving. 

Those children are our communities' success stories. 

Still, civilization requires Hypermasculinity coupled with hyperintellectuality in battle.  And as history shows, it can occur in any sex when necessary and as needed. Sankofa. If you don't know your history, go back and retrieve it. Check out Nyabinghi. 

We, as a species, adapt to our environment for survival. It doesn't require anyone's approval. Those who don't adapt perish. The last woman Dahomey warrior died in 1979.

According to historical records, Dahomey's army fought against colonization until 1892, that was about 200+ years of women and men fighting off European colonization.   When the French colonized them, they made sure to subjugate women.

Because subjugating women is an Anglo thing. Because - No Nation Can Rise Higher Than Its Women.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Nothing is ever accepted at its face value any more. "The Woman K I N G" can't just be a movie based on historical events that should be shared with the world. Instead it has to be relegated to something sinister; always a plot, a conspiracy, a scheme that embodies the ulterior motives of "THEY".  Above all,  -  fuel for the insidious paranoia that permeates the mindset of those  convinced they've "got it all figured out".  😴  

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 5:04 PM, Pioneer1 said:

I don't have to see the movie to know...

Seriously man one could ignore everything else that came after this statement as it relates to the film.

On 9/18/2022 at 5:04 PM, Pioneer1 said:

For the same reason why most AfroAmerican families today are headed by single mothers.

That would be false. Reread the applicable part of Mel's post then do some more research.

11 hours ago, Cynique said:

Nothing is ever accepted at its face value any more.

No, it is not.  In my mind, Hollywood, on the heels of the success of Black Panther, came up with another idea to rake in big bucks,  Money is their sole motivation.  Any other consequences are purely incidental.  All of the nonsense about pussyfing Black men is just conspiracy theories run amuck.

I liked the film Black Panther, but I wasn't feeling Black people running around embracing the "culture" of Wakanda.  Some were even trying to visit Wakanda.  This revealed how needy we are as a people for positive images and how unaware we are of actual Black accomplishments. 

I think Woman King will be superior to Black Panther in that it is based upon reality, and, I'd be willing to bet, it will be more entertaining.  Given the lead actress, a sister who can act her way from housemaid and a warrior. I'm looking forward to seeing it on the big screen and I'm sure I'll emerge with my manhood intact.

@ProfD gotchu.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Troy said:

Given the lead actress, a sister who can act her way from housemaid and a warrior. I'm looking forward to seeing it on the big screen and I'm sure I'll emerge with my manhood intact.

Same here.  I've been told the movie would make for a good date night idea.  So, I'll round up and sponsor a woman who's willing to watch it with me.🤣😎

• Haha 3

ProfD

PBT steady brings it don't he...lol.

Man, Neely Fuller Jr. talked about the subject of this movie years ago and how they were trying to masculinize Black women.

@Mel Hopkins

Lol...glad to see you finally poked your head out of your shell for a bit to interact with the people.

Those who don't know their strengths aren't necessarily physical will always fail themselves, the Black community, and ultimately society. 

Facts
Most Black boys in America aren't properly TAUGHT how to use their brains for anything besides sports.
This is why we have a lot of successful AfroAmerican FEMALES in the corporate world but most Black MALES who are successful in the sciences like medicine, communications, engineering, etc...are from AFRICA and not the United States.

Sankofa.

I'm familiar with both the term AND the movie.
That movie was so deep, especially the resurrection scenes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2022 at 1:25 PM, Mel Hopkins said:

Because subjugating women is an Anglo thing. Because - No Nation Can Rise Higher Than Its Women.

Oh WOW! Powerful and so true! @Mel Hopkins

On 9/25/2022 at 7:41 PM, Pioneer1 said:

PBT steady brings it don't he...lol.

Man, Neely Fuller Jr. talked about the subject of this movie years ago and how they were trying to masculinize Black women.

Interesting point. I have heard a lot of controversy about this movie.

I read that the role that Viola played was first offered to Lupita and after she researched it, she refused to take the role, and I WONDER WHY!?

• Thanks 1

Chev

Because she found out the TRUTH about that tribe and how they were one of the ones responsible for hunting down Black people and making slaves out of them instead of saving them which the movie would have you believe.

Hollywood is good at making EVIL look acceptable and even commendable.

Infact, the name "Hollywood" takes it's name from the wood of the Holly Tree that magicians used to make magic wands out of.

Holly Genus: Common Trees of the Pacific Northwest

"… Deck the halls with boughs of holly
.....Fa la la la la, la la la la"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Chev

Because she found out the TRUTH about that tribe and how they were one of the ones responsible for hunting down Black people and making slaves out of them instead of saving them which the movie would have you believe.

Oh really!?

@Pioneer1 Do you know this as fact?

I am inclined to believe you because Lupita is bigtime!!!

There is definitely a reason that she refuse to play this role. 

I just listened to the video you posted, and would like to know more about the speaker.

He was very passionate. He says pretty much that the Dahomey women fought other Africans but not the Europeans; is this truth though?

It seems like Africa was swamped with so much activity of Blacks selling other Blacks to Europeans that in itself though is not altogether a negative issue; what I mean is that would be unavoidable and Africans should have tried to fight off Europeans from being welcomed to Africa for the slave trade, but then too, Black-vs-Black defense was necessary too. 

I hope to read more about the Dahomey, because like you, I do NOT trust this movie at all.

No, I don't think I am in favor of this movie.

• Like 1

Chevdove

Do you know this as fact?

No.
It's history.
Very few of us can actually "know" history unless we travel back in time to witness events for ourselves.
The only thing most can do is gather as much research on an event as we can and come to a sound conclusion based on the information we find.

I just listened to the video you posted, and would like to know more about the speaker.

Oh yes, Professor Black Truth comes with the facts and hits hard all the way through his presentations.
Check out more of his videos on his Youtube site.

I do NOT trust this movie at all.

It wasn't even written by Black people, but by two White women.
Dana Stevens and Maria Bello.

I don't trust it and I refuse to even watch it, less I DO like it and find it entertaining and then subject myself to it's influence.

Nope...not even gonna watch it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

interestingly, the idea that a couple of white boys made up black Panther did not bother me for decades until after the movie was made and black people started running around acting like this was actual black history giving the Wakanda salute even going so far as to bitch, if it was done incorrectly (right arm over left). 

No we have a film actually based on historical fact — however loosely and people want to raise a hissy fit.

What makes the Women Kling so much worse than Black Panther?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Troy said:

interestingly, the idea that a couple of white boys made up black Panther did not bother me for decades until after the movie was made and black people started running around acting like this was actual black history giving the Wakanda salute even going so far as to bitch, if it was done incorrectly (right arm over left). 

I thought the movie Black Panther was written by a Black man.

Also, I did not hear any hype about the subject of a Wakanda.

13 hours ago, Troy said:

I don't know if Women King is worse but, I just wonder why Lupita refuse the role and think that the movie is suspect for this reason.

17 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Dana Stevens and Maria Bello.

I don't trust it and I refuse to even watch it, less I DO like it and find it entertaining and then subject myself to it's influence.

Yes!

17 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Oh yes, Professor Black Truth comes with the facts and hits hard all the way through his presentations.
Check out more of his videos on his Youtube site.

Thank you!

I absolutely will.

• Like 1

Troy

and black people started running around acting like this was actual black history giving the Wakanda salute even going so far as to bitch, if it was done incorrectly (right arm over left). 

Actually that wasn't made up but an ancient Kemetic sign.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/codex_magica/images/ccodex_69_small.jpg

The Esoteric Symbolism of the Confederate Flag Part II | Urban Intellectuals

Not sure what it means, but it's based in reality.

Also taking certain potions to go to the Ancestral Realm and communicate with deceased loved ones is UNIVERALLY practiced in ancient African culture and Indigenous culture across the globe.
So the movie touches on a lot of truths....all the while claiming to be fictional.
The Woman King is the very opposite.

No we have a film actually based on historical fact — however loosely and people want to raise a hissy fit.

And THAT'S the problem, and probably why so many people are having a fit over it.
It's NOT actual history but LOOSELY based on the facts...with much of it being fabricated.

Satan is good for mixing up truth with falsehood to CONFUSE the masses.

They should have just went all the way and said it was a fictional tale of women warriors.
Atleast they wouldn't give the impression of it being historically true.  

But their intention was to influence and CONDITION the people into believing that this is true "African History" so they make the claim that it's "based" on actual history in order to justify the lies they tell in it.

For one thing Black Panther showed BLACK LOVE.
You had a Black man who fights to save his love which is another beautiful Black woman.

Does The Woman King show Black men and women loving and embracing eachother?
Or does it show Black men and women at odds, fighting eachother, and killing eachother?

I suspect the answer already without watching it...lol.

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Does The Woman King show Black men and women loving and embracing eachother?
Or does it show Black men and women at odds, fighting eachother, and killing eachother?

Not that kind of movie to show Black folks loving each other.

Considering the storyline, the woman warriors are fighting and killing men. 

However, the king (a dude) does have several wives. I know that would be right up your alley. 😁

But, there are no s8x scenes and the women aren't showing their breasts.

Again, it's not that kinda film. Think along the lines of Wonder Woman minus flying and special powers. 😎

• Haha 1

But Wonder Woman was full of sexual innuendos from her skimpy suit to the way she whips her hair around while fighting.
No matter how dangerous and fantastic, they make sure to highlight the beauty and femininity of the White woman.

When it comes to Black women....even in old Africa...they won't even show their breasts.
Have them muscled up and sweaty with angry scowls on their faces.

How to watch The Woman King

If a Black man ain't insulted by THAT....I'm not sure what it takes TO insult him.

It used to be an insult to tell a boy "Your mom wears combat boots", because of what it implies.
Many AfroAmerican men today would probably be PROUD of some an accusation.

OK a couple hours ago I watched the woman King. It is simply the best movie I’ve seen in a long time. I would bet money it will be nominated for an Academy award for best film.

it was a very entertaining movie. Well done on all levels. Again I am not watching a documentary and I understand it was for entertainment and again they did a great job. 

The notion that the movie is a hit job on black men is really ridiculous.

The film was far better than black panther.

By the way @Pioneer1I did not know that the Wakanda salute was based on an Egyptian practice. I’ll have to look that up.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Troy said:

it was a very entertaining movie. Well done on all levels. Again I am not watching a documentary and I understand it was for entertainment and again they did a great job. 

Glad you also enjoyed the movie.

Not to get @Pioneer1 even more stirred up...😁

But, I did find it odd that the king had a gay man servant. African men don't play that sh8t.🤣😎

3 hours ago, ProfD said:

African men don't play that sh8t.

Again, the film was fiction. Plus, you can't insert modern sensibilities into that culture.

Also you know that the only people having sex on the palace grounds was the king and his wives.  The men were eunuchs the rest were celebrate warriors. 

8 minutes ago, Troy said:

Again, the film was fiction. Plus, you can't insert modern sensibilities into that culture.

Right.  That's why it's odd that they made a Black man effeminate in the movie.  Even if he was a eunuch, there was no reason for him to be that soft.😎

Ticking off another demographic box and/or throwing shade was the only reason for a flaming homie in the movie.  He was so out of place that I found it comedic.

Otherwise, I do believe the film deserves a few Oscar nominations.  I think we're going to be p*ssed off if only those two white women win it.🤣😎

14 hours ago, ProfD said:

He was so out of place that I found it comedic.

I had not considered the comedic aspect, but making fun of gay dude like that is so politically incorrect I can't imagine that was the reason, but I hear you. Still his character was a minor one an impacts very little on the overall film.

The gay dude was not so unbelievable as Voila Davis, a woman in her deep 50s, kicking the killing a bigger mike-tyson-looking male warrior in hand-to-hand combat.  The same goes for the prepubescent-looking girl...  Still I was able to suspend disbelief, because it was well done. 

After seeing the film, I think it is more of a positive, than a negative, for Black culture. It is hard to image why Black people would trash the film.  Now I can see why white people would do so.  The few who were in it were soundly demonized and brutally murdered.

@Pioneer1 if you ever actually watch the movie, it would be interesting to see if you are willing soften your harsh critique.

10 hours ago, Troy said:

I had not considered the comedic aspect, but making fun of gay dude like that is so politically incorrect I can't imagine that was the reason...

I don't think they filmmakers set out to make fun of gay dudes but there was no reason to include him in the film either. His role didn't serve a purpose.

Everything about the female warriors made sense to me in the context of the movie. They trained like a military in order to take  care of business on the battlefield.😎

ProfD

But, I did find it odd that the king had a gay man servant. African men don't play that sh8t.

I didn't.

I didn't find it any more odd than them making the Black Lightning's daughter a lesbian.

In the latest movie "NOPE" they've made the main character's sister a lesbian.

They've been inserting the LGBTQIA+ agenda into most Black televison shows and movies for the past 15 years or so and Black folks have been going along with it and many even justifying it.

His role didn't serve a purpose.

Oh it did.....lol...trust me.

I know you'd be insulted if I didn't tell you that I know you already KNOW this and don't really have to be told...lol.

Troy

maybe they were just ticking off another demographic-we-gotta-appeal to box

Who was the "we" that had to appeal to that demographic?
And who TOLD them they had to appeal to it?

It's hard to believe there's no conspiracy to influence people when you yourself suggest ONE group has force ANOTHER group to adjust their art and expression to appeal to certain demographics.

if you ever actually watch the movie, it would be interesting to see if you are willing soften your harsh critique.

I might....lol....which is one of the reasons I REFUSE to watch it.

I don't want it to change me or influence me.

That's why they are called "Hollywood".
Because they have a MAGICAL way of influencing people and changing their beliefs through sight and sound.

Why would I PURPOSELY subject myself to conditioning and propaganda?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

They've been inserting the LGBTQIA+ agenda into most Black televison shows and movies for the past 15 years or so and Black folks have been going along with it and many even justifying it.

Not just Black. Hollywood has been inserting the LBGTQIA+ demographic in TV shows and movies across the board. They have a lot of power in Tinseltown. 😎

ProfD

White folks (Caucasians in general) have BEEN that way since their inception.

Sexual perversion and ole weird ass sexual appetites are the NORM for them as group and they don't have to be convinced or brainwashed into do it.
They were having sex with dogs while up in the caves and mountains of the Caucasus THOUSANDS of years ago....and continued the practice.

No no no....it's OUR PEOPLE who they're really after when these different perverse agendas.
We were the righteous people who "didn't do that".....until coming into contact with them.

We don't have to mention LGBTQ.....I'm sure you're old enough to remember when most Black men didn't even eat coochie and thought THAT was a filthy act....lol.
A few of them started doing it in the 70s and kept quiet about it right up to the late 90s when it became cool to admit.
Same thing with the sistaz giving head.
Most of them didn't do that 50 years ago.....they started doing it in the 80s for the most part.

Learning it from being around White folks.

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2022 at 9:53 PM, ProfD said:

His role didn't serve a purpose.

I agree, but obviously Somebody, though he served a purpose.  Clearly that purpose escapes both of us.  Perhaps @Pioneer1 will enlighten us

On 10/11/2022 at 6:32 PM, Pioneer1 said:

They've been inserting the LGBTQIA+ agenda into most Black televison shows and movies for the past 15 years or so...

Again I think they are just trying to be inclusive because it bring in more revenue.  I can remember when there were virtually no Black people on broadcast TV and I sure when they staring having Blacks on TV some white people went crazy too...

Why would I PURPOSELY subject myself to conditioning and propaganda?

You do this everyday you walk our your door or turn on a screen. Again, everything you say against the film is meaningless as you have not seen it.  Once you see it then we can have a proper conversation about it.

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

They were having sex with dogs while up in the caves and mountains of the Caucasus THOUSANDS of years ago.

Aw come on man, look I'm sure a few white boys tried to stick their penises inside whatever canine were around then, but to suggest that is was a regular practice is outrageous.

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Most of them didn't do that 50 years ago...

Hummm  where are you getting this information?  Oral sex goes back throughout recorded history and in all cultures. 

In my view, female warriors throughout human history prove that males side females, whether adult or child <yes, children have fought wars> , have to fight together to keep any community alive and thriving. 

In the historical situation, you have a little kingdom, dahomey, that has a caliphate north of it , similar sized kingdoms east or west of it, and will have a dangerous european base south of it. 

History shows most governments surrounded by governments with larger populace had to use males plus females to survive or thrive. 

Viola davis used her own money to help finance this work, utilized south africa to do it. 

So a black person with money, nonviolently financed a venture which gave black people jobs and even shows a Pan African or Pan Black appeal. And the venture was a fictional display of black violence from black women who are working with black men but not subservient. I say gender equality while community building is the theme. 

I supported the film before it came out in my small but proud way and continue to do so. 

• Like 1

Absolutely!

10 hours ago, Troy said:

Hummm  where are you getting this information?  Oral sex goes back throughout recorded history and in all cultures. 

True, but there is a lot of caution about it.

You can get brain cancer.

The Bible scriptures go into depth about this subject and it is not good if the chosen seed did not live in the acceptable fashion and do the 'right kind of practice outlined' in their lives. 

Sex should not be evil, but natural. This includes having a healthy diet!!!-- Or else, it will destroy the body and be bad in sexual relationships. Just sayin. 

Black people have been conditioned to have sex with a corrupt mind, and now, we have all kinds of problems.

6 hours ago, richardmurray said:

I supported the film before it came out in my small but proud way and continue to do so. 

@richardmurray I heard on the Black Diaspora channel that Lupita N'yongo was offered the script, but after she researched the history, she refused the role. Do you have any idea why she refused this role? I am curious.

OK, so I'm a little late to the party, but I don't believe there's an expiration date to submit responses. 

@Pioneer1, your responses about the movie and its characters were intriguing.  At first, you made my head tilt to the right and my eyes squint because of how I interpreted your comments about Viola's character and the movie's attempt to  'masculinize'  black women, but then I took a closer look and was able to recognize the intense love you have for us.  Good look'n out.  Thank you. 

Full disclosure.  I looked up the definition of Pioneer to help me appreciate the magnitude of your passion.  A Pioneer pushes the boundaries to advance a cause or idea. I appreciate you, @Pioneer1.   You gave me food for thought.   

Viola, the BEAUTIFUL duckling who rose from a challenging life to the Woman King - much love my Woman King!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Chevdove seems like the Black Diaspora channel would have explained her reasoning, otherwise it sounds like idle gossip to me. 

Brain cancer from oral sex, girl there would be A LOT of people with cancerous brains running around of that were true 👅

@Dee Miller it is never too late to post a reply, I’ve seen conversation go on for years. 

you are right about @Pioneer1 I disagree with him often but i have never doubted his love for Black people ✊

@Chevdove I don't know. I will not mind knowing lupita nyongo:) 

But, I will guess. Keannu Reeves said that halle berry wasn't the first choice for the role of zaphira in the john wick movies. but, he said, while not mentioning names, that others <notice the multiple> dropped out after realizing what they will have to go through training wise. What is my point? 

Lupita Nyongo is not the busiest but she is busy as the MCU universe is behind the scenes entailed. And the "Woman King" film required a training regimen. And I am not certain Lupita could do that while the rest of her work or more importantly wanted to. Outside the other simple fact that some female thespians are not in the mood for where female action is going. Yes, Lupita nyongo has been in action movies in action roles but the woman king is another kind of role. Now, it can be she didn't like thr screenplay which is very common to why thespians don't do films. Lucy Lawless didn't do wonder woman because she didn't like the project warnerbros put forward.

Now I repeat what I first said, I don't know. What I offer is a guess absent any proof of anything.

On 10/13/2022 at 10:11 AM, Troy said:

Brain cancer from oral sex, girl there would be A LOT of people with cancerous brains running around of that were true 👅

🤣 Okay LOL. Just be careful @Troy

On 10/13/2022 at 10:11 AM, Troy said:

seems like the Black Diaspora channel would have explained her reasoning, otherwise it sounds like idle gossip to me. 

My thoughts too.

On 10/13/2022 at 2:06 PM, richardmurray said:

I don't know. I will not mind knowing lupita nyongo:) 

@richardmurray I decided to google to see if Lupita offered any reason as to what I had heard, and she did.

However, I think that more needs to be said because I still do not understand completely why the movie is causing controversy.

I watched Lupita's reaction in a brief video when she visited the African country to do research about the movie, and well, I kept thinking about it all last night... couldn't get it off my mind. She broke down. 

Here's the clip:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1571222219061166082

While the story is framed as an empowering drama with Viola Davis playing a hero who pushes back against the slave trade, the Dahomey kingdom actually gained much of its wealth from selling people into slavery. The Agojie were direct participants.

The New Yorker published an in-depth critique of the film’s historical inaccuracies, saying that it “crosses the line from reasonable fiction into cynical distortion of history” by re-framing the Agojie as anti-slavery heroes. (Smithsonian Magazine also published an explainer on the film’s real-life origins, discussing the Agojie’s brutal reputation and the real reason the Dahomey kingdom ceased its involvement in the slave trade.)

https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/woman-king-boycott-backlash-slave-trade/

I read that Black Panther’s Dora Milaje regiment was inspired by the Dahome’s Agojie.

No one threatened to boycott Black Panther yet this Twitter-conjured controversy is leveled against The Woman King. Why?

Who cares why Lupita did not do the film? I have not read where she is asking people to boycott the film.

This social media fueled controversy only serves the owners Twitter not Black people.

Boycott Twitter not The Woman Kin 🙂

• Like 1