The. Woman. King. New. Movie.

Dee Miller

your responses about the movie and its characters were intriguing.  At first, you made my head tilt to the right and my eyes squint because of how I interpreted your comments about Viola's character and the movie's attempt to  'masculinize'  black women, but then I took a closer look and was able to recognize the intense love you have for us.  Good look'n out.  Thank you. 

You're MORE than welcomed my dear sister.

Absolutely it's the love I have for my sisters that prevent me from sitting back quietly when you have an enemy trying to ridicule and disgrace them before the world.

If you have a so-called friend who didn't pull your coat about people trying to use you and make a fool of you....what kind of "friend" would that be???

A REAL friend doesn't want to see you get hurt, taken advantage of, or abused. 
But a FAKE friend will just smile and tell you everything they think you want to hear but meanwhile have an ulterior motive.

A men who really care about the women in their community don't want to see them get exploited or mistreated and will try to prevent that and warn them when someone is attempting to.

A Pioneer pushes the boundaries to advance a cause or idea. I appreciate you, 

Absolutely.
I consider myself a Pioneer for a brand new society and new way of thinking that will progress our people into a much better future.

Troy

Hummm  where are you getting this information?  Oral sex goes back throughout recorded history and in all cultures. 

Are you SURE about that?
Being in "all" cultures?

AfroAmericans had our own culture for hundreds of years and you'd be hard pressed to find any documents mentioning oral sex being practiced among our people for most of that time until recently.

Not saying it didn't happen 200 or 300 years ago....
But how do you KNOW it did?
What documented evidence can we point to to confirm it?

Brain cancer from oral sex, girl there would be A LOT of people with cancerous brains running around of that were true

Not sure about brain cancer but oral sex often leads to getting the HPV virus in their mouths and that can LEAD to cancer.

@Chevdove

I heard on the Black Diaspora channel that Lupita N'yongo was offered the script, but after she researched the history, she refused the role. Do you have any idea why she refused this role? I am curious.

I heard the same think on the same channel...lol.

I watch the African Diaspora Channel a lot.
Brother Phil be on it....lol

18 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

But how do you KNOW it did?
What documented evidence can we point to to confirm it?

it written down. It wouldn’t take to much searching; the Internet is full of stuff related to sex.

but how do you know it wasn't practiced?  Humans have been around a long time…

Is missionary the only form of sexual engagement you approve of? 

@Chevdove @Troy

After reading your latest comments I realize the problem in this situation isn't this film or viola davis or lupita nyongo or the dahomey female warriors or this film. 

It is the modern black community in the USA. 

Why I say that? The Global black community outside the usa loves this film. This film isn't a documentary. It is fantasy. And as I said before, this is a pan black production. black people from Africa side Black DOSers are together in this film. Black female empowerment. 

Now most black people in the USA love this film or at the least have no problem. But what about the black people who do? 

What is their real problem? 

Is the problem that Lupita Nyongo left a film? IS the problem that in a fantasy action film, not  a documentary, the tone of the film is upbeat? 

I think some black people have issues with other Black people and this film's production shows a unity of Black people that some black people don't want. 

Now, before you shooeh my position. I go back to Frederick Douglass. I go back to MLKjs side Malcolm. The black populace through leaders, ala FRederick Douglass, or black people around activitists, ala some black people around Malcolm side MLK , simply dislike certain activities of Black people and look to criminalize them. 

FRederick Douglass to me, publicly criminalized , Black ways that didn't suit what he felt should be all black people's position. And for him, Black people in the USA should do nothing that segregate/separate from the usa in anyway. and this film, financed by a DOSer in Africa is a form of segregation/separation from the USA. 

And at the end of the day, the Southern Black LEadership Conference of the NAtion of Islam were more about the supremacy of their religious group than the betterment of black people regardless of religion. my point, the black community in the usa will always have individuals or groups that want black betterment as long as it parallels their views. And if it doesn't they critique. Look at Clarence THomas. Clarence Thomas does support black people, who fit his philosophy. He knocks who does not. The black community in the usa does not have the ability to disallow or mute black individuals or groups who are willing to work against black people trying to improve the village in ways they don't concur to. 

Using twitter or highlighting potential problems wherever are tools

8 hours ago, Troy said:

Is missionary the only form of sexual engagement you approve of? 

No, as long as it's with a woman....I'm down for ALMOST whatever....lol.

However I'm not a big fan of oral sex....giving OR getting.
I wasn't when I was younger.

I was told by some of the older men in my community that if a man get's used to TOO MUCH oral sex, pretty soon it's all he'll want.
He wouldn't want a lot of sexual intercourse......only on occasion.
But his main desire would be blow jobs.

Now here's the REAL problem.....lol.

Both a female OR a male can do it.
So if he gets into a situation where there are no females around.....like jail or prison....then he might be seeking out another man to perform the deed.

....and that made a lot of sense to me.

Some of these dudes, especially the younger men....all they talk about is "head" and how much "head" they're getting but rarely mention intercourse itself.

I prefer the soft body of a woman smooched up against me....not a tongue or mouth.

On 10/4/2022 at 5:24 PM, Chevdove said:

I read that the role that Viola played was first offered to Lupita and after she researched it, she refused to take the role, and I WONDER WHY!?

What is Neely Fuller's agenda?

As for Lupita - she went to the source and filmed a documentary in what looks like 2019. But she didn't pull out of the film until 2020, as announced by JuVee, Viola's production company, when they announced director Gina Prince-Bythewood' would join the project. Maybe she pulled out of the film because of the director? I suggest scheduling. Maybe contract negotiations broke down. Maybe Viola's production company needed to raise more money to pay her salary. Perhaps she got COVID? 

Anyway, folks are so fickle. No one had a problem with the Black Panther film, a 100 percent black woman empowerment movie. The women were warriors, the women were technologists, and the women were necromancers... The women were 100 percent in control of every facet of Wakanda, and the men were mere figureheads, but no one seemed to mind. 

Anyway, suppose you go to timecode 36:48 in this film. Here, Lupita discusses Dahomey's human trafficking, and the women share how they glorify the warriors while honoring their loved ones who were harmed by the history...Lupita concludes the people are both warriors and victims. Much like how we Black Americans celebrate our excellence. Even though there are young Black men, who have been tried and convicted for trafficking our Black girls into sex slavery. 

She also says it wasn't the women warriors but the order of the King to traffic people into slavery. As I inferred in the beginning when asking about Fuller's plan. No one is one thing. We are all very much like the two-faced god Janus. Yet, only the adults in our culture understand this aspect of humanity. When Black people finally wake up to this part of human nature, we'll stop living through this perpetual "ground hog" day.  

Also you can find the video on the Smithsonian channel too

https://www.smithsonianchannel.com/episodes/zv150s/warrior-women-with-lupita-nyong-o-warrior-women-with-lupita-nyong-o-ep-1

Edited by Mel Hopkins
video removed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ProfD said:

agenda

The agenda is the most important part of someone’s movement. Yet, very few will inquire if the leaders’ worldview matches theirs.  We see this today in MAGA republicans.  Except that movement only serves to empower the one percent. 

Fuller sounds like a philosopher.  Philosopher tend to think their way through deconstructing a system.  Unfortunately, if the ideology doesn’t suit those in power, it goes nowhere.  

Case in point: Fuller’s counter to racism hasn’t changed system Black people must live under.  For example, the link I shared above indicates young Black men are imprisoned at a higher rate for human trafficking - even though we know they’re not profiting from it.  

Systemic racism and supremacy is built into the U.S. code of laws.

Therefore, it appears Fuller’s code is self-serving. Further it seems it is no match for the U.S. code  that it goes up against.

If his code attempts to change behavior of the victims of supremacy - the U.S. Code still remains. 

So, the answer to his agenda is in the fruit of his labor.   He doesn’t have dismantle a system. All he has to do is write and inspire others to consider the institution.  (No small feat, btw.) His fruit could be something as simple as enjoying bestselling philosopher status.

In contrast, there is Black attorney who recently took aim at the existing code - through his use of footnotes.  He quietly did the heavy lifting to chip away at the status quo and won. 

He actually got the Blue Book, the style book all law students and lawyers use - to change the standard and use those footnotes.  He states his agenda for this movement as this: - if someone cites a property case using slavery as standard  then they must continue that case with that person as property without ever mentioning slavery. -

Now, if they use that case as precedent they must footnote slavery.  It makes a difference to some lawyers who can no longer casually dismiss the reality of U.S. history. 

Especially in today’s political climate when you have people denying the 1619 project, banning books, and refusing to acknowledge the horrors of human trafficking from

which their forefather’s participated and profited. So, now the legal institution must cite slavery.  And since they won’t  ban case law the evidence remains thanks to Justin Simard, Esq. and Citing Slavery Project.  

So, although everyone has an agenda, “every tree is known by its own fruit.”

Links

Washington Post (no paywall)

Citing Slavery Project website 

1 hour ago, Mel Hopkins said:

Fuller sounds like a philosopher.  Philosopher tend to think their way through deconstructing a system.  Unfortunately, if the ideology doesn’t suit those in power, it goes nowhere.

By outside classification, Fuller would be considered a social scientist moreso than a philosopher. He would consider himself someone just wrote a book of concepts. Take or leave for what it's worth to the individual.😁

Social scientists and philosophers have put forth ideas and concepts that have built the various types of social systems and changes to them. 

Fuller also acknowledges the system of racism white supremacy is the most powerful on the planet.😎

Mel

What is Neely Fuller's agenda?

To counter and eventually eliminate racism or what he calls "The System of White Supremacy" and establish Justice on the planet

He's actually been around for a long time.
He's 92 years old I believe...lol.

I'm sure you've heard of our sister the late great Dr. Frances Cress Welsing and the Isis Papers.....well....he is HER mentor and set her on the path she was on!

You can check him out for yourself by visiting his website:

https://producejustice.com/

Fuller sounds like a philosopher. 

He is!

Fuller’s counter to racism hasn’t changed system Black people must live under.  For example, the link I shared above indicates young Black men are imprisoned at a higher rate for human trafficking - even though we know they’re not profiting from it.  

Mr. Fuller stresses in most of his lectures and interviews as well as his literature that his work is meant for the INDIVIDUAL...not the collective.

He tells Black people to basically forget about trying to "unite" and work in large groups to eliminate racism because too many of our people have too much poison in them to work together.

His philosophy and codes instruct each INDIVIDUAL what to do in hundreds of different real life scenarios that you may come across.

If his code attempts to change behavior of the victims of supremacy - the U.S. Code still remains. 

That's exactly what his code was designed to do.
Get the VICTIM (and this is what he calls himself and other people of color) of racism to change THEIR behavior so that they can live a less painful life under the system of racism.

He also believes that this will help dismantle it in a minute microscopic way.

Believe it or not, much of his advice actually works if you try it!

ProfD

By outside classification, Fuller would be considered a social scientist moreso than a philosopher. 

That's a good description of Neely Fuller.

Not just a philosopher but a Social Scientist
And one more accurate than most of the White social scientists I've read from.

On 10/17/2022 at 12:14 PM, Mel Hopkins said:

Maybe she pulled out of the film because of the director? I suggest scheduling. Maybe contract negotiations broke down. Maybe Viola's production company needed to raise more money to pay her salary. Perhaps she got COVID? 

Thank you for posting this video, @Mel Hopkins,

it was spellbounding! I was so caught up into it.

Lupita is so lovely. The women were so so so beautiful!

One of the women, the Agoutie woman warrior, had eyes like the late Mandela, in fact, the photos, seems to show this trait, and this strikes me and leads me to believe that some of these people are from the east world. The leopard idols and the skulls, and the headhunting expeditions, seems to match other ancient warrior civilizations, such as the ancient Maya too and in the Old Mediterranean Baal cults.

Yes all that we can do is speculate as to why Lupita pulled out of it unless she says something. However, for her to go to Benin and produce this amazing film and then pull out, does seem like she may have pulled out for something about the truth. 

On 10/17/2022 at 12:14 PM, Mel Hopkins said:

folks are so fickle. No one had a problem with the Black Panther film, a 100 percent black woman empowerment movie. The women were warriors, the women were technologists, and the women were necromancers... The women were 100 percent in control of every facet of Wakanda, and the men were mere figureheads, but no one seemed to mind. 

LOL! You're so rightt! However, that's me. I loved the film Black Panther, so much so, I bought the dvd.

But I did not like some of the women warrior scenes nor did I like some of the fight scenes of the males either.

I still don't have any opinions one way or the other about the Women King movie. 

I agree with the summaries given though, in the documentary and what you said, in that the Aguojie warrior women were both victims and warriors.

I think that many of them were forced into it and as Lupita said, too, I think I probably would have been dragged into it because I am not a submissive person, and so, I would have been sought out and forced into it, I believe.

On 10/16/2022 at 3:39 PM, richardmurray said:

After reading your latest comments I realize the problem in this situation isn't this film or viola davis or lupita nyongo or the dahomey female warriors or this film. 

It is the modern black community in the USA. 

Yes, @richardmurray maybe. You may be right because I don't have a problem with viola or the film, I just wondering now, what the hype is about.

• Like 2

@Chevdove what i forgot to think about to the purposes is the negative internet industrial complex. Meaning, the reality is, negativity makes money. it is the simple truth. Rush limbaugh i never cared for but he did comprehend a simple truth in modern media. Which I can prove through reactions to various posts in various places online. positive post never get the reaction negative posts do, it is the simple truth. 

People can argue the computers heuristics are weighted towards the negative but I am not certain. 

If I make a blog: Women Are Bitches #youknowWAB 

many people connected to me will probably disconnect but the reality is, regardless of what I truly think, if I keep up that messaging, men will reply, your right rich and women will reply, f- u Rich! and thus the storm is made between two mobs that can only grow as long as I maintain the theme and don't betray it. 

Those are the rules to the NIIC ,

1)never betray the negativity - look at limbaugh or schrumpft, never do they give up on it.  And that includes sensationalism. if on my blog women are bitches, if i say , on the hundredth day anniversary I will expose the three biggest bitches in the world. whomever I name doens't matter, the sensationalism matters. if someone asks me, what about my mother. i have to call my mother a foul name. why? because that is staying loyal to the negativity. 

2)do it as much as you can, daily, hourly, secondly, look at Schrumpft on twitter. I never followed him on twitter but I knew people offline who did, or was acquaintance to people online who did but the thing is, both sets of people said they hated/disliked him.  but the question then is, why follow? And the answer is simple. they love to argue, to be part of a mob.and they know that like the reformation the counter reformation is always right behind so people like schrumpf or others who peddle in negativity, always create two groups, that are very vocal online.The group that supports them and the group that opposes them. 

And this connects to the woman king. Negativity concerning the woman king film is attracting users online likes bees to pollen. And I even argue that viola davis may have aided and abetted this, by replying the way she did. In the same way I think jk rowling did with her continued replies with the lgbtq+ community. I do think people like to play the opposite of limbaugh's and schrumpfts and not start the mob but give it breadcrumbs. People will analyze every posts viola davis makes and dissect it concerning the woman king. 

The fact that viola davis is in Black Adam while Lupita Nyongo is in Black Panther and both were supposed to be in The Woman King and  Lupita Nyongo or Viola Davis are small time media manipulators ... it leads to a complex web. And the general audience is the sucker falling for all these traps.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, richardmurray said:

Meaning, the reality is, negativity makes money. it is the simple truth.

7 minutes ago, richardmurray said:

1)never betray the negativity -

7 minutes ago, richardmurray said:

And that includes sensationalism.

8 minutes ago, richardmurray said:

And this connects to the woman king. Negativity concerning the woman king film is attracting users online likes bees to pollen.

Ha! I think you hit it dead on the head! @richardmurray!!!

And you're right, many people may have taken this tactic to push the film so, it gets out there and it seen and generates a lot of money.

I think too, that the true history behind the film may now resurface and that might be a good thing!

According to Lupita, even though she played in Black Panther and new very well, the women warriors were based off these warrior women, she said that she did not know much about them until she travelled there to do the research, and it blew her mind! 

For her to see and film some of the true facts about them is just amazing. 

To see, first hand, the statues and collections of skulls of decapitated victims, is unbelievable to me. 

This movie means more than one aspect to different people, imo.

I like the fact that it is causing the true history to surface!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Mr. Fuller stresses in most of his lectures and interviews as well as his literature that his work is meant for the INDIVIDUAL...not the collective.

He tells Black people to basically forget about trying to "unite" and work in large groups to eliminate racism because too many of our people have too much poison in them to work together.

His philosophy and codes instruct each INDIVIDUAL what to do in hundreds of different real life scenarios that you may come across.

Now it makes sense why he never got pushback from supremacists. It is as if Fuller is doing the work for them. "Bend over and just take it." doesn't seem much like a solution.

Nor does Isolation and segregation cure ostracization.

I'll pass on his message. I'm attracted to movements that provide a solution to problems. I tend to be stoic when confronting racism, sexism, and supremacy. I face difficulties and use whatever resources available to me to hurdle obstacles. This position allows others to move forward in a field that was off-limits to them.

I betcha didn't know I was the first Black woman news anchor at a television station in the Ohio Valley. When a bigot took over as news director and tried to get me to quit. I took his azz and the entire station to the EEOC. He was the one who put me in the position to anchor my own morning newscast and then weekend newscast. I don't play to get along.  

Aside: I read Fuller first published this book in the 50s, and it was updated several times by Dr. Cress Welsing) If Neely Fuller, Jr came to this forum and posted some of what he wrote last century today as "Neels," you would have questioned the motives. So @Pioneer1what about his writing resonates with you?

One thing I do appreciate and agree with Fuller is his position which goes back to Ancient Africa... KNOW THY SELF! If his words get Black men to truly learn who they are as individuals and actually do what's necessary to move humanity to its highest level, then Ase'. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

Now it makes sense why he never got pushback from supremacists. It is as if Fuller is doing the work for them. "Bend over and just take it." doesn't seem much like a solution.

Aside: I read Fuller first published this book in the 50s, and it was updated several times by Dr. Cress Welsing)

Neely Fuller is definitely not advocating that folks acquiesce to racism white supremacy.  To the contrary.  His book provides a guide for how to understand and overcome it.

Dr. Frances Cress Welsing did not update the book.  She was a student of Neely Fuller's writing. They did speaking engagements together.  She did encourage him to update the book from the 1st edition. 

Just like Religion, not all medicine is good for all patients. Some folks will read Fuller's work and see him as an old man out of touch with reality.

But, as Fuller states, it's up to the individual to take what they want from book and apply it to how they choose to deal with the system of racism white supremacy.  😎

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ProfD said:

She was a student of Neely Fuller's writing.

I’m not familiar with this characterization of their relationship”  Dr. Welsing was an actual medical doctor in the field of psychiatry.  Someone with her background would be in the position to update his work to make it relevant in the 80s and 2000s .  I can see her as  maybe a “Student”, in the sense of life-long learning. However, their affiliation was most likely a benefit to both.  

Welsing was trained in the liberal arts at Antioch College and in medicine at Howard University College of Medicine, where she would eventually serve as faculty. A long-standing private practitioner and pioneer in the fields of child psychiatry and mental health, her longest institutional affiliation was as the Clinical Director and Staff Physician with the Washington D.C. Department of Human Services“ - EBONY 2016

52 minutes ago, ProfD said:

Some folks will read Fuller's work and see him as an old man out of touch with reality.

Only fools would believe this!  Fuller’s work definitely awakens those who don’t understand the roots and foundation of “western civilization.”  The U.K. and its spawn the United States colonized, and in some cases, is still colonizing the world.  Heck. even England’s citizens don’t realize they’re colonized.  Well, I think they’re getting a clue  when they have curtsy and bow to Meghan Markle, supremacy doesn’t include all white folks. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

I'm not familiar with this characterization of their relationship”  Dr. Welsing was an actual medical doctor in the field of psychiatry.  Someone with her background would be in the position to update his work to make it relevant in the 80s and 2000s .  I can see her as  maybe a “Student”, in the sense of life-long learning. However, their affiliation was most likely a benefit to both.  

Correct.  Dr. Frances Cress Welsing was educated as mentioned above.  She was a "student" of Neely Fuller Jr.'s philosophy/concept. 

Dr. Frances Cress Welsing was deep too.  She said Black folks should not procreate until they are 30 years old and married. 😁😎

• Like 1

Mel

LOL....Mel...Mel...Mel............

Now it makes sense why he never got pushback from supremacists. It is as if Fuller is doing the work for them. "Bend over and just take it." doesn't seem much like a solution.

Many people who've studied his work have gotten frustrated with his approach and see it as "defeatist" or "go along to get along" with the racists.
So you're certainly not alone.

Nor does Isolation and segregation cure ostracization.

It may not cure it, but I think in many cases Isolation not only raises your self-esteem but makes you more productive and leads to more progress.

Separating yourself from those who hate you and wish you nothing but harm is always a wise move whether we're talking about large groups or individual relationships.

Successfully isolating yourself from an enemy you can't or won't defeat is usually the next best thing TO defeating them.

I'll pass on his message. I'm attracted to movements that provide a solution to problems.

Oh but I'm telling you much of his advice actually WORKS because it's practical.
It's not just fluff and "feel good" rhetoric that doesn't actually produce positive outcome.  

When you follow some of the specific advice he lays out on how to deal with White people and racists in general, it actually works!

Again, his solutions are geared toward the INDIVIDUAL more so than the group and most INDIVIUALS who apply his methods find success in their personal lives even though SYSTEMIC racism remains.

I tend to be stoic when confronting racism, sexism, and supremacy. I face difficulties and use whatever resources available to me to hurdle obstacles. This position allows others to move forward in a field that was off-limits to them.

I'm with you 100% on the racism.
And about 95% on the sexism part...lol....although I tend to be a little on a sexist side myself.

Perhaps that's part of my opposition to The Woman King

Also to answer your question, the reason so many liked Black Panther but criticized Woman King is because Black Panther was clearly for entertainment with very little derogatory themes in it.
The Woman King is obvious propaganda and so much is questionable about that film from the very TITLE of it, to who wrote it (two White women), mixing actual history with fable and legend, etc....too much is shady.

I betcha didn't know I was the first Black woman news anchor at a television station in the Ohio Valley. When a bigot took over as news director and tried to get me to quit. I took his azz and the entire station to the EEOC. He was the one who put me in the position to anchor my own morning newscast and then weekend newscast. I don't play to get along.  

Excellent!
You may not play to get along but I'm sure you've learned by now that the BEST way to get along with racists is to challenge their every move and make it so painful and uncomfortable for them to practice their racist antics that they either clean up their act or just leave altogether.

Not sure if you'll take this as an insult or compliment but what you said really didn't impress me too much because I already figured you were high-end anyway.

I knew you were an achor, stewardist, attractive woman, educated woman, had something to do with Bill Cosby...lol...and many other attributes.
I saw that as just one more feather in your hat. 

Feather Bow Metallic Turn Up Hat 331744 Black - Fit Rite Fashions – fitrite  fashions

"Honey, I'm EVERY woman....it's all in me!"

Aside: I read Fuller first published this book in the 50s, and it was updated several times by Dr. Cress Welsing) If Neely Fuller, Jr came to this forum and posted some of what he wrote last century today as "Neels," you would have questioned the motives. So @Pioneer1what about his writing resonates with you?

His keen insight and logic.
He doesn't approach racism and what he calls "white supremacy" with an emotional or pollyanish ideology that tells Black people they are strong, smart, and capable of defeating the racists if they just "keep the faith" or put it all in the hands of Jesus.

He tells you straight up that the White racists are the strongest and most powerful human beings in this world and you have to accept this and learn their tactics and how to avoid them as best you can to survive and perhaps thrive in this world.

We can argue all day long whether or now the White racists are the smartest and strongest on the planet, but the question is...if any other group of people ARE smarter and stronger than them...where ARE they?

Show me the group of people who ARE stronger and smarter than the White racists and who are not under their control, because I want to find them and talk to them....lol.

Much of what he states is OBVIOUS, but so many of us are too fearful and egostitical to accept....that White folks RULE this world and have power that many of us haven't the faintest clue they possess.
They control the water, the food, the air, the housing, the hospitals, the legislation, etc....and to accept this is too painful for most Black people, so they're rather be told something different that makes them FEEL better.

Me....I'd rather be told the TRUTH.

Right behind  ACKNOWLEDGING that a problem even exists.....learning the TRUTH about it is the next step to actually SOLVING it.

ProfD

Neely Fuller is definitely not advocating that folks acquiesce to racism white supremacy.  To the contrary.  His book provides a guide for how to understand and overcome it.

Absolutely
I think the thing that a lot of people get hung up on and don't understand is that his philosophy and advice are towards the INDIVIDUAL and not a group.
So he's not out here promoting mass protests and riots or class action law suits but giving you advice on how to be safe and successful as an INDIVIDUAL without having to rely on GROUP EFFORT for your success.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Show me the group of people who ARE stronger and smarter than the White racists

that would be most of us who know better than to destroy our only home,  “sh*t where sleep or increase circumstances that would lead to sleeping with one eye open.  I would go back to something I posted here back in 2017 or around that time. It seems to remain true today.   The highest rate of suicide in the U.S. points to white men @ 70 percent compared to all other ethnic groups.  

Seems like supremacy thing doesn’t work too well for those it is supposed to elevate. 

How could anybody who appreciates the late Dr. Frances Cress Welsing  condemn a movie about black female warriors when Welsing was always on the attack, with her strident messages, a modern day version of the ferocious Harriet Tubman who was the role model for the likes of Rosa Parks and  Fannie Lou Hammer and Angela Davis, all variants of the female militants who were in the vanguard of the black struggle - all members of the female warrior sisterhood who embody the disapproval of Pioneer.   He's the guy who is always so busy salivating over the bodies of female athletes that he can't appreciate their skills and talents. The same person  who proposes that black females only have  sex with black males,  then  gives the OK for womanizing black studs to have sex with partners of any race. The same chauvinistic dude who apparently equates female independence with masculinity, as he   points  fingers at the invisible  culprits he insists are manipulating black women to be what they already are. 

Even more dubious is the conclusion that Pioneer's love for black folks is what motivates his bad mouthing them. The only black folks Pioneer loves are those who conform to his quirky opinions about how  "Afro-Americans" should conduct themselves,  even suggesting that  this site adopt  an elitist format geared exclusively to input from black intellectuals, kicking those who aren't smart enough to the curb.

Thank goodness for Troy who reduced  Pioneer's  obstinacy to absurdness when it came to the Woman King movie, in the process exposing why Pioneer  has no credentials nor achievements to qualify him as a  liaison to the "sista nation". 

As for Neely Fuller, i know absolutely nothing about him, but I do know that a while back I posted an essay about the authenticity of white supremacy, and suggested that black survival has a lot to do with figuring out how to  "get in where you fit in'. He and I are possibly connected by being members of the same generation as were Frances and I; pragmatic in our approach to coping. 

Meanwhile, I continue to get nothing but good reports from those who have seen the Woman King, movie. To Mel I say, keep taking the battle to your foes, my brave warrior Princess! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

that would be most of us who know better than to destroy our only home,  “sh*t where sleep or increase circumstances that would lead to sleeping with one eye open.  I would go back to something I posted here back in 2017 or around that time. It seems to remain true today.   The highest rate of suicide in the U.S. points to white men @ 70 percent compared to all other ethnic groups.  

Seems like supremacy thing doesn’t work too well for those it is supposed to elevate. 

Actually that speaks of a Supremacist MINDSET

Believing that they are superior and have the right to be in charge, they want CONTROL

If they can't have control over events in THEIR lives as well as other people's lives....they feel they're better off dead.

If they can't RULE, they'd rather kill themselves than be subjected to the rule of others.

Maybe if more of OUR people thought that way....Chattel Slavery and it's current byproducts would have never materialized.

Cynique

3 hours ago, Cynique said:

in the process exposing why Pioneer  has no credentials nor achievements to qualify him as a  liaison to the "sista nation". 

😏  I know how to keep YOUR ass under control...lol.
That's a qualification in and of itself.

I haven’t seen The Woman King yet -and I will when it comes to the small screen.  But I still have a problem with the concept that no one in all of social media has mentioned.  

Black women will shape-shift into anything a Black man wants us to be and we still get treated like ish. 

I’m glad  some of us have finally moved into a space where we’ve said enough.  

These women warriors were well aware there was human trafficking occurring during those years of fighting off colonialism.

And they absolutely fought Europeans - It’s documents and even  the French, once they conquered the Dahomey people - made sure to subjugate women.  

But these women fought for the King - a king who also had many wives while these women became like eunuchs - no sex, no family ties -just fight and die for their country.  

Even today, we have Black men like Hershel Walker paying for abortions while denying women the right to choose are even showing up at the polls to make sure more rights aren’t taken from Black women.  Wait. my Black mayor signed into law that no resources would be used and no criminal investigations would be conducted for abortions or miscarriages against any woman in our city.  So, at least he’s got us. 

But Seriously, the things we women have gone through for the past 17,000 years is enough for me to wonder why there aren’t more “Bobbit” cases on the docket. 🙄

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

But Seriously, the things we women have gone through for the past 17,000 years is enough for me to wonder why there aren’t more “Bobbit” cases on the docket. 🙄

Lol....because most women would actually consider that more of a loss for THEM rather than the newly dis-membered male victims.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

I know how to keep YOUR ass under control...lol.
That's a qualification in and of itself.

@Pioneer1You don't know shit. Your  inability to accept rejection drives you to create scenarios where you imagine you are a winner instead the obnoxious loser that you are. EU

For anyone who didn't know, Lupita Nyongo has no problem with the woman king or the movie from natalie portman that she dropped out of. She just wants medium to smaller film projects to be a part of,independent films saying different things.  

That makes sense, she didn't want to be part of the Legend of the Dorie Malaj aka The Woman King. 

MEaning what? Lupita knows this movie is made cause of the very popular dorie malaj of black panther. Viola Davis didn't produce this movie all by herself. And like Natalie portman's movie, whatever it is, it is probably a similar theme thing, like maybe a female superhero story. 

https://aalbc.com/tc/profile/6477-richardmurray/?status=2120&type=status

@Troy to answer your question. The Woman King will win academy awards. The fight choreography/viola davis lead female/maybe the film of the year itself, but the year is long. Everything everywhere all at once has a shot at film of the year too. Brad pitt's train film and maverick have chances too.

To black people looking for wakanda in real life, I think you miss the larger question. How many black people in the usa like it? It seems in my mind an obvious question to ask , and one that is historically providing mostly  a negative answer from black folk. 

I realize many black people have come to terms with the usa or more positively , but I find said black people have a hard time comprehending many black people are not happy in the usa and , because all the historical railroads out of the usa were never as comprehensive or as fruitful as they needed to be,  black people in the usa have many members who are looking for a land to escape the usa the way the white religious outcast or fiscal poor fantasized about the usa to escape abuse in the united kingdom.

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately,  for black people in the usa, all of earth has been occupied:) so, no lands to easily take from another human people's who are biologically untouched by a virus we carry or ignorant to weapons we may wield.