I Tried To Warn The Brutha But.......

Friday a young Black man who was supervisor at my job was fired.

The big wigs from corporate came down to pull him in the office and let him go.

I tried to warn him.
I had been warning him for MONTHS that many of his fellow White co-workers (as well as many of the Black ones) had it in for him.
I said RACISM was the primary reason.

Being of this latter generation who have been taught to blame EVERYTHING EXCEPT racism, he didn't want to hear it or believe it.

I told him it doesn't matter how great his performance is or how well he did his job....racists don't care about that!
Infact, the BETTER job you do the MORE the racists will HATE YOU!!!!

Because you're eliminating the excuses they want to use to complain about or fire you.

I said he should get closer to the Black workers and organize with the couple of other Black supervisors to make a fuss about racism and the need for diversity at the company!
He told me he wouldn't talk about race with them because on the few occasions he'd bring it up with the other White managers.....they'd get uncomfortable.
I said: NIGGA THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT.....FOR THEM TO GET UNCOMFORTABLE SO THEY WON'T FUCK WITH YOU!!!!

He'd laugh at it and blew it off as just the rantings of some old nigga from the "old school" who didn't know what the game was all about today.
He loved to talk about "It's not about Black or White but about GREEN and who came make the company the most money!"

I had to shake my head at him.
Racists don't give a damn about production or "green" or how much money you can make for them....hell they PRINT UP all the money they want.
They don't need YOU to generate it for them!

I tried to tell the young buck.
I tried......for months I tried.

They let him go and he walked past me with a box in his hand with a long sad face.  Wouldn't even make eye contact with anybody.
 People were standing around looking with their mouths open in shock because most of THEM thought he'd never get fired either because he was so smart and his performance was so great.
But I knew better.

Performing well doesn't necessarily protect you from racism.....often times it makes you a TARGET of it for the reasons mentioned above.

One of the best known defenses against racism is a great aggressive OFFENSE.
You shove your foot so far up these devils'  asses  that you see your brown slimy shoe strings when they open their mouths!
And you KEEP your foot up their ass!
Don't take it out!

I learned that from the late great Coleman Alexander Young who was Mayor of Detroit.
He used to cuss White folks out on live television back in the 70s and ran them out of the city.
..and DIDN'T apologize for it!
.....and did over 4 terms as mayor!
....and died at a ripe old age!
....and NEVER went to prison!

Deadline Detroit | 25 Administration Members of Coleman Young Endorse  Duggan Instead Of Young's Son

To a Republican at a hearing before Congress in Washington D.C.:
"Detroit is MY muthafuckin' city...not Reagan's
Tell ole PRUNE FACE to mind his own goddamn business!"

All things considered from what you've written, I'm not surprised 1) that he didn't heed your warnings and 2) he got fired.

More often than not, younger folks do not listen to their elders.  They think they're smart and know better especially if they're in a higher position.

Folks in positions of authority and/or greater responsibility makes it even worse.  In their minds, only higher ups on the totem pole can tell them anything.

White supremacists will make an example of out anybody.  Firing a Black supervisor who is a rising star in the company is a subliminal message to keep everyone else in line.

Your former co-worker was a sacrificial lamb.  Do not feel sorry for him. 

If he was that good, he'll land on his feet elsewhere.  Hopefully, the lesson he learned from racism will be a humbling experience.😎

• Thanks 1

ProfD

And I do!
I do feel sorry for the brother to a certain extent even though I warned him OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again for months!

Why do I often feel more sorry for these niggas than they feel for me?????

He would talk to me and we would converse....but I could tell he didn't take much of what I said seriously.

That nigga used to call me JANGO with the conspiracy theories!!!!

When a higher position higher than his opened up I told him he should immediately go for it because:

a) There were no Black people hire than Supervisor and he would break the glass ceiling if he got into upper management!

b) Since so many people were already coming for him to destroy him, a higher position would offer more protection

I WARNED the brother that if he DIDN'T didn't seek that position and another White person gets it, that next White person may end up being a racist who fires him!

He laughed it off and said HE was "turning the company around" and they wouldn't fire him.

He said he didn't want the position because it was way too much responsibilities and would force him to work too much away from his family.

Guess what???

When they filled the position it was filled by a White woman who got on HIS ass from the moment she walked through the door!
Even told him to SHUT UP infront the men he was supervising!
Had him coming in at all kinds of odd hours and even on Sundays!
Had the nigga stressed out and angry and he started taking it out on the Black workers under him which led to MORE conflicts.
I warned him about that too.
I said instead of putting more pressure on your Black workers...use us as your BACKUP so we can unite and put pressure on THEM!!!
He's just look at me with his hands in his pockets and march off rolling his eyes as if I was talking jibberish.

Despite him turning the department around increasing production and numbers and doing 137% better than the previous White supervisor did....they STILL rode him and eventually got rid of him.

I saw it.....I saw it all....I saw it ((shakes head))

And before HIM there was a Black woman in a similar position I tried to sit down and talk into getting into upper management and SHE didn't want to listen.
She didnt' get fired but they ran her away.

BROTHER....I love being right. 
I love having the gift of discernment and accurate prediction
However sometimes when you see it coming and there isnt' too much you can do about it but watch it unfold.....man.

Do you understand what I'm saying Professor???

You SEE IT....you see how it is beginning and you almost KNOW exactly how it will end and see it all unfold before your eyes.
But besides giving warnings and pleading for people to change their course and do "this" instead of doing "that"...there's little else you can do about it besides stand back and watch it happen!
What a feeling.....

I'm so glad and thankful The SUPREME BEING  Graced me to have been influenced by The Nation of Islam and the teachings of Neely Fuller Jr.

If I hadn't been schooled into understanding Racism and how it REALLY works.....I don't know what I would do.

Neely Fuller Jr. said:  IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHITE SUPREMACY AND HOW IT WORKS....EVERYTHING ELSE THAT YOU DO UNDERSTAND WILL ONLY CONFUSE YOU!

@Pioneer1, I understand.

Unfortunate that it went down that way.  But, dude isn't the 1st and won't be the last n8gglet to play himself.

"My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge... (Hosea 4:6).

One can talk and preach until they turn blue but if the listener(s)  is incapable of receiving the information for whatever reason, might as well be talking to a rock.

Regardless of one's position in their system, there is no protection if/when they decide to make a change i.e. hire, fire or whatever. 

NF Jr. has a brilliant commentary on POTUS 44 and how they could have snatched his azz outta that seat whenever they felt like it.🤣

Minority supervisors are usually the worst because they constantly feel a need to prove themselves.  As a result, they are harder on their subordinates.

A minority can turn a department around and increase production 837%.  White supremacists will  1) steal the credit and  2) codify and pass it to themselves.

Black folks will never win by toiling in the system of white supremacy and subject to its whims.  Black folks have to break free and become self-sufficient. 

There is nothing inherently *wrong* with being *right*.  Well...except it doesn't replace the system of white supremacy with justice.  That's why it doesn't feel good😎

Honestly, the difference in the way I was treated and my white peers were treated was the reason I left corporate America. 

It takes time to learn to play the game and for some it is not worth it.  Even after you master it, you may come to realize it is not worth it.  It is no different than working any job you dislike until you can qualify for a pension and social security and quit. For many that is the only choice,'

It is a blessing to have a job that you actually like and one for which you do not have to sell out or compromise your personal values.

Here is another example of a Black woman in publishing who was fired, without notice and apparently without cause.  She worked for Amistad (an AALBC sponsor).  Amistad was an independent publishing house founded by a Brother until it was purchased by HarperCollins.  I share this story here because it publicly shared Twitter.  I learned about this when a journalist shared it with me looking for a comment (I had none):

https://twitter.com/jbakernyc/status/1569332752889028608

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Troy said:

It is a blessing to have a job that you actually like and one for which you do not have to sell out or compromise your personal values.

That's the key to life and we should be teaching and passing it down from one generation to the next. 

There's an adage that says getting paid to do something you love you'll never feel like you've worked a day in your life.

The other saying is to find a job that you love so much that you would've done it for free. 

We live in a society that encourages people to strive for careers that pay a lot of money regardless of personal satisfaction. Gross consumerism and consumption will take care of that. 😁😎

7 hours ago, ProfD said:

There's an adage that says getting paid to do something you love you'll never feel like you've worked a day in your life.

This is very true, but there has to be some commercial value in that thing you love to do and that is the tricky part.

I used to know a guy who billed himself as the "Passion Profit." He used to help people turn their passions into businesses. He believed anything you loved to do could be turned into a business.

On 10/11/2022 at 3:22 AM, Troy said:

Honestly, the difference in the way I was treated and my white peers were treated was the reason I left corporate America

I had one permanent job in 1986 for about a  year and another for maybe a year or so. I was more interested In living my life than be invested in corporate America.

This is one of the reasons the Honorable Elijah Muhammad for decades told us to DO FOR SELF.

If AfroAmericans would establish and build our own businesses instead of constantly looking for appreciation and commendation from White owns or operated establishments...we'd be much farther ahead.
And would probably get along in society much better.

We'd be so busy building and making progress, we wouldn't have time to sit up arguing with White folks over how they treat us.

Another twist to the story......................

Now some of the workers are looking at me with a side eye and asking me why I didn't "step in" and do something about him being terminated!!!!

Black woman surprised Stock Photos, Royalty Free Black woman surprised  Images | Depositphotos

"What's up with all the pro-Black talk but when ------- got fired yall didn't say shit???"

Nigga You Crazy GIFs | Tenor

"Yall let him get termed like that?
I thought yall  wuz 'posed to be looking out for niggaz....."

This is why you've heard me repeatedly question the intelligence of many of our people....lol.

A couple of the same Black folks who were complaining about him and calling him a "snitch" and "Sambo" because of his position.....NOW want to know why me and my group didn't come to his defense and keep him his job (as if we really could anyway).

59 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

This is why you've heard me repeatedly question the intelligence of many of our people....lol.

A couple of the same Black folks who were complaining about him and calling him a "snitch" and "Sambo" because of his position.....NOW want to know why me and my group didn't come to his defense and keep him his job (as if we really could anyway).

Just like VGQ, what you encountered falls under n8gga sh8t. 🤣

You tried to talk to the brotha while he was high on the horse.  He gave you that patronizing "I hear ya Black man" and half a smile response thinking you were a carry over from the 1960s.  Then, his azz got terminated.  Wonder who's crying now.

Tell the rest of your coworkers to STFU because they might be on deck. As Main Source said...it's just a friendly game of baseball.😎

The brother was smart....but foolish and immature at the same time.
He was in his late 30s and should have known better than to do some of the shit he was doing.

If I heard some White women talking about him, I used to tell the fool and he'd actually go and ASK THEM did they really say it?

After he did that a couple times....I stopped giving him detailed information.
I'd just point at a person and say watch out for them and left it at that.

I'm a fan of CONTRACTS.

You can't trust many of these niggas to have your back or repay you the loyalty they owe you, so you must do some sort of EXCHANGE with them that if you do "this" for them they'll do "that" for you.
But trying to form a "brotherhood" with some of these fools is out of the question.

Same thing with a lot of our sistaz.

You try to form a coalition with some of them and the moment they see you sharing a laugh with a White woman, the deal is off as far as they're concerned....lol.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

The brother was smart....but foolish and immature at the same time.
He was in his late 30s and should have known better than to do some of the shit he was doing.

You can't trust many of these niggas to have your back or repay you the loyalty they owe you...

But trying to form a "brotherhood" with some of these fools is out of the question.

Again, I'm not surprised. 

There are many AfroAmericans who are growing up in environments that foster the illusion that society is colorblind.

Those AfroAmericans either don't believe in or they don't know anything about racism white supremacy until it punches them in the face as if it was Mike Tyson. 

Regardless of how smart they might be, there's no honor or loyalty among ignorant n8gglets. The penitentiary, grave yard and unemployment line is filled with them. 

Some AfroAmericans have been so mixed up they're just like that box of chocolates from Forrest Gump. 

So, whether it's giving advice to or trying to form a brotherhood and anything else with fellow AfroAmericans, they have to be vetted first in order to know what you're dealing with and what you can expect to get from them. 😎

It would be really interesting to heard the terminated brother's side of the story and well as what the boss who canned him have to say about why he was left go. 

I agree with the Honorable Elijah Muhammad on do for self.  But you can't do for self alone.

I'm a white person (not American though). I originally joined these forums because I was going to see if I could ask you guys ask a question. Some of the comments concern me a little. I think these guys were likely racist, but white people aren't a monolith just like black people aren't a monolith. I hope one day those guys get exposed for their racism and it comes back to bite them in the ass.

I do think there is an element of racist among white liberals though. Obviously not all though, but I think the soft bigotry of low expectations where some condescend and patronize black people is definitely real. I remember there was a video of white college students being interviewed at a U.S. 4 year college who said things like making voting online would be racist because black people don't know how to use computers. Also required ID is racist because most black people apparently don't have ID according to them. It was just embarrassing how they don't realize how racist they are. They were so the so called progressives liberals too. I think the people were probably cherry picked for the video, so I have to take it with some grain of salt. I don't want to pretend as though I know what your experience is like in any way though.

I think there are good white people out there like this family that took on tens of thousands of dollars in personal debt to help comedian Steve Harvey when he was completely unknown and completely broke. I sincerely believe they weren't helping him for person gain.

• 4 weeks later...

As an addendum to this story.........

I recently found out that one of the reasons he was fired was for.....RACIAL DISCRIMINATION COMPLAINTS!!!

Several employees launched racial discrimination complaints against him and one even threatened a racial action LAW SUIT.

And guess what?

These were BLACK EMPLOYEES!!!!

Say what?????

That's right.
Black workers were complaining about this young nigga practicing racism against them, trying to get them fired, and limiting their opportutnities!

Apparently it was the threat of a lawsuit that made the White folks are HR jump up and get rid of their tool before more serious heat came down on them.

I almost can't believe it!
But I heard this from one of the women who worked in Human Resources as well as one of the Black workers!

One of ladies who hated him and is a pretty good friend of mine told me MONTHS ago that she was trying to go for some position in another Department and he actively tried to prevent them from transferring her.  I thought she was being a little paranoid when she was telling me this.  But now.......

And speaking of paranoia........
Another Black dude who was kind of close to him said he often complained about "niggaz trying to take his spot".

Maaaaaaan, man, man......

I wonder what goes on in the minds of these sell-outs and gate-keepers.
Do they try to RATIONALIZE their behavior in their own mind to justify betraying their own people, or do they just freely admit and enjoy it?

Sounds like a sad and pathetic Brother.  So in all your conversations, you did not pick up on this trait and the resulting behavior?

Now I've heard of brothers doing nothing to help another brother advance, as not to appear to show favoritism to another Black person (I assume), but I have been fortunate enough not to witness someone actively trying to harpoon another Black person.

I have heard of this though; the mentality is that there can be only one, and maybe there was a time this was true and it made sense to make sure if they had to have one negro in the big house that it better be you.

I just watched that video @Boxingfan posted.  That was an interesting story, but what is it supposed to prove -- that white can be nice to Black people.  Is that supposed to be revelatory?!  Did boxingfan feel like he was enlightening us to the obvious?!

Then he had the nerve to call folks here racist.  He sounds just like the white liberals he complained about being racist.  

People are very interesting.

Troy

So in all your conversations, you did not pick up on this trait and the resulting behavior?

Yes.
But like you said, I didn't actually believe he'd go so far as to openly and directly go against other Black people like that.

Most sell-outs will atleast PRETEND not to be such.....or justify their actions.

When you hear somebody say "fuck these niggas"......you generally understand it to be an emotional response quick expression of frustration because of a particular incident.
You wouldn't want to believe they LITERALLY mean "fuck the Black people here" as if they don't care about them and have turned against them.
But based on several sources, he actually meant that.

I only gave you guys a FRACTION of the problems he made and went through during his time on that job. 
He had many many more negative interactions with people both Black and White there.
The only people I hadn't heard of him having problems with were the Latinos.