Does Anyone Else Believe The 13th Amendment Allowing Slavery In Prisons Is WRONG And Needs Fixing

As most of us already know, the 13th amendment did NOT abolish slavery as is falsely taught in schools, it literally states slavery is allowed as punishment for a crime. CLEARLY The 13th amendment only transformed the conditions in which slavery can occur, and DID NOT abolish it. And there are literally just as many slaves ALLOWED BY LAW today as there were back at the worst times of slavery in the U.S., I really believe this needs to be fixed and the 13th Amendment needs to state that slavery can not be allowed under ANY circumstance, and I know I can't be the only one that feels this way.

AS truly abolishing slavery would be stating, slavery is not allowed under ANY circumstance, which the first draft of the amendment actually did say, "everywhere within the limits of the United States, and of each state or territory thereof, all persons are equal before the law, so that no person can hold another as a slave." But it was changed, to slavery is allowed, "as punishment for a crime" so those acting racist, that want to enslave, can continue to practice that racism, and continue to enslave. This has resulted in racist prison sentences, the war on drugs, the CONTINUED police brutality, as many that are racist in the police/criminal justice system(the system is behaving criminally-someone said that in a documentary I saw and it's so factual) still act as slave masters and have (anyone can easily research and verify) repeatedly since the passing of the 13th amendment arrested those with darker skin color, DISPROPORTIONATLY to those with lighter skin color, ALL to continue slavery in another way. These disproportionate sentences I am sure we have all researched, seen and known, and I KNOW we can put an end to this if we work together, and fix the 13th amendment so no one can enslave anyone else. 

The best idea I could think of is to find a petition for all of us to sign, share and raise awareness on these issues, but if everyone doesn't think this is the best way for us to demand that this 13th amendment needs to be fixed to not allowing slavery under any circumstances PLEASE LET US SHARE IDEAS AND WORK TOGETHER TO FIX THIS HERE. This is the reason for this topic, lets work together and come up with ideas on how to fix this together. I do feel the petition can work though, because if enough awareness is raised, and enough people sign it, it sends a message to those with the ability to fix the laws, that if this law is not fixed, a LARGE population, can protest, stop working, and disrupt the regular flow of everything until these demands are met. These protest strategies have worked during the civil rights era, and in India, because we all need recourses, and if we stop working and disrupt the regular flow of things, it makes it much harder for us to get those recourses. But please if you have another idea share, though I believe this petition/protest is the greatest/most focused one on an ACTUAL law that affects us all, to help change and fix this issue.https://www.change.org/p/repeal-and-replace-the-13th-amendment-to-the-u-s-constitution?fbclid=IwAR3ZichZRd7T72ElsG-LWvWOQU_s1fwdPT6sukyC0ohhz_kNF7H24US49PU

Another really important issue that has passed under the radar of most Americans, but I am sure many of us here are aware of,  is "Environmental Racism."

Environmental racism is something the government is factually doing, by choosing to fund & take care of environments where those with a lighter skin color live, and NOT funding or taking care of environments where those with a darker skin color live, as well as selectively dumping toxic chemicals in and around communities of color and causing GENOCIDE. 

When by the 14th amendment NONE should be deprived of life and liberty, and depriving communities of color the recourses for proper schooling, not properly fixing up city infrastructure, the way that light skinned communities are fixed up & funded, ALL is depriving of life and liberty, and by the 14th amendment equal funding 100% should be done, IT IS WHY WE PAY TAXES.

And we have state and federal taxes to go into this as well, for light skinned communities much of the infrastructure is built this way, but the excuse we REPEATEDLY HEAR, is oooohhhh we don't have enough local taxes, well everything is not only funded by local tax, we can research and see schools, and cities are also funded by state and nationwide federal taxes, so there should be NO excuse to ignore and selectively fund communities based on skin color. ALL COMMUNTIES SHOULD BE FUNDED EQUALLY BY THE 14th AMENDMENT.  Which states "nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. AND WE HAVE ALL seen the results of this environmental racism that goes against the 14th amendment, the ghettos of today, dilapidated buildings, pot holes, schools not funded, as well as LITERAL genocide, as communities of color have targeted toxic dumping happening, both by the government as well as allowed by the government.

Here is a petiton I found regarding this also https://www.change.org/p/president-of-the-united-states-end-environmental-racism-that-goes-against-the-14th-amendment?fbclid=IwAR1vZBrwHAF-BRGibccJjlKBsfG5kO5VkEV0UhFZn91M6cG3fBQAasR93tw

I fully believe if these demands are met, it will complete the civil rights movement, and city infrastructure, schools, jobs will all be built up, the concept of ghettos across America will be a thing of the past, there will be no more slavery allowed by law, which is even ridiculous that it is allowed in prisons; America is one of the ONLY countries that does this, and so finally the civil rights movement will be completed and we will all actually be treated equally under the law. So to shorten both of these demands as much as possible I think we can say,

1. We demand the 13th Amendment to state that slavery is not allowed under any circumstance.

2. We demand the 14th Amendment is honored and Environmental Racism is Ended

But please if you do not believe signing & sharing these petitions/protests can help us to meet these demands that I'm 100% sure will help us to complete the civil rights movement, please let us bring up ideas here and talk about this.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

I totally agree with this.

I've been telling people for years that slavery hasn't been "abolished" in the  United States, just transformed.

Thanks for the insightful commentary!

Thanks Pioneer1! What do you think though about the ideas that we can do together to fix, and the petitions/protests/2 demands? I am really hoping we can do something to work together to fix these issues.

I DEFINITLY also believe we need to do something in schools to make curriculums/teachers stop falsely teaching this, I also feel these lies are done over and over again in "Black History Month" to pacify America, and say ooohhhh everything is fixed, slavery is abolished, the government actually treats everyone equally under the law now. When IT DOES NOT and like you said WE ALL KNOW THIS HERE AT LEAST. But it's so frustrating honestly that all America doesn't know, I know most everyone wouldn't stand for this if they knew too.

Also wondering what do you think about Environmental racism, and the ideas to stop that too, and getting the government to honor the 14th amendment?

All of America clearly doesn't know.....
The question is, does "all of America" even CARE????

Most people don't care about the UNJUST system of "Justice" until they have a personal experience with it or a loved one is involved.
Then all of a sudden they start paying attention to the double standards, ambiguous legal language, outrageous penalties, etc....

We need an entire Constitutional overhaul of the legal system in every part of the United States where every single law is examined and then VOTED ON by all of the adults in that district because too many games are being played with the legal system in the United States.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

All of America clearly doesn't know.....
The question is, does "all of America" even CARE????

Most people don't care about the UNJUST system of "Justice" until they have a personal experience with it or a loved one is involved.
Then all of a sudden they start paying attention to the double standards, ambiguous legal language, outrageous penalties, etc....

We need an entire Constitutional overhaul of the legal system in every part of the United States where every single law is examined and then VOTED ON by all of the adults in that district because too many games are being played with the legal system in the United States.

Yeah we are in so much this society of zombie phone scrollers, everyone just endlessly scrolling through garbage online, and it's easy for any of us to become zombies on this endless scroll through garbage, because these media sites are designed to keep people on them like that, as advertisers pay these media outlets(like twitter facebook etc.) to do anything to keep people on these sites. So these media outlets promote garbage, really the posts and topics that hook viewers with our primal survival instincts, rather than relevant and meaningful content.

I do believe though that America does want to care, but is just so caught up in survival instincts, that America, and the world really has become more afraid then ever, to just put the technology down, think beyond our primal instincts, and just really set ourselves free. So we just need somehow to break everyone out of that matrix, help everyone remember how to be free and that endlessly scrolling through garbage can never help us be free, and only traps us in a loop, we need to be a team of Morpheus's to help turn everyone into Neo's, and break out of that matrix.

I have been trying with music and alot of different ways, but I honestly I don't know what exactly will help us break through, or help everyone break out of that matrix, because everyone just keeps scrolling and scrolling.

I know for sure I posted the 2 petitions that I shared here, on facebook, and literally everyone ignored them, even though what is BIZZARE, is that on a post where I talk about what happened to my friend Jibril, who was killed right after graduating from college, because of issues that 100% would be fixed if those petitions were signed & America demanded these things with the 13th and 14th amendment. Everyone replied with sympathy comments, which I literally said the post was NOT for; but to motivate us to see and feel what's really happening in America, and to do something about fixing these injustices.

But it seems when any post online happens to come to us doing something, people just keep scrolling, want to feel mad, sad, glad, but not really think or do anything. A line from Tupac really repeats in my mind for what happened, "And everybody grieves but still nobody sees." Maybe the only way to help us break that matrix is by talking about this in places like churches like Dr. King did, and trying to help form an organization in a physical space.

Maybe it is just not possible online? Because online has too many distractions, and most everyone immediately scrolls past anything challenging them to think or do something? I don't know, definitely I have tried sharing the meaning of life, to wake everyone out of this, and get us all to join together and form a team to fix all the problems in the world and make this world into the paradise we all wish it to be.

Most everyone just stays in this loop though, which is really crazy because even when I shared and proved really clearly the only meaning to life and others agreed, that the only meaning to life can be Love, as if we disconnect from everything outside of ourselves, there can be no meaning to life, as we can do nothing, and are trapped within. Thus the only meaning to life can be to extend outside oneself, connect or in other words Love. Very few shared that, and some that agreed didn't share, which was/still is really crazy to me. Because if the whole world recognized that, we would have world peace, we would strive to fix every issue, because we would all then know and remember, that our freedom, our happiness, our inner peace, comes from us accomplishing our meaning of life. Comes from us extending outside of ourselves, connecting to/caring for others, and then when we feel One with everyone, all the struggles of everyone, we will work to make this planet, and other planets, everywhere really; paradises. Places where no one tries to hurt or overwhelm one another, but connects, cares for and does what's best for eachother.

But our lack of awareness/fear that causes us to not even become aware, keeps us in such a loop. But I wonder what are your thoughts? Do you think the only forum for change can be in person? That online there is no hope? Or maybe that if we change our method to something else online, we might be able to break people out of this matrix online? In all honestly can I also ask what would motivate you to sign or share these petitions, because it seems nothing that comes from me is helping lol, I have tried alot on facebook, and only my Dad, and his girlfriend singed these petitions, but no one seems to care about them, are they too long, or do you think many find signing or trying not even relevant? Sorry if this is long and it's alot of questions, but I just felt/feel you are interested, and in all honesty no one would appreciate, focus on your reply and what your saying more than me right now that is for sure.

Sani Nassif

But I wonder what are your thoughts? Do you think the only forum for change can be in person? That online there is no hope? 

The problem with trying to solve social and societal problems online is that it's too IMPERSONAL.

You don't get the full spirit and emotion of the person you're communicating with over the internet or by texting.
In real life you can hear the tone of their voice, see their expression, feel their spirit...and it gives you a better judgment of their sincerity and seriousness.
2 things that are crucial when trying to solve problems as delicate as these.

can I also ask what would motivate you to sign or share these petitions, because it seems nothing that comes from me is helping lol, I have tried alot on facebook, and only my Dad, and his girlfriend singed these petitions, but no one seems to care about them, are they too long, or do you think many find signing or trying not even relevant? 

I haven't signed or shared any petitions.

These changes have to come from the federal level and I'm not sure if petitions will be enough to make that happen.

The problem here is the system in the USA. It is not an accident that amendments are fewer as time has progressed from 1776. AMendments are hard to get to. The 13th and 14th and 15th amendments occurred after an internal war in the USA. 

It is no accident that the party of andrew jackson looked to the supreme court rulings to create law in the usa. They knew an amendment was never going to happen for affirmative action or abortion or a host of other agendas. 

To change law in the USA is a challenge. 

On 10/11/2022 at 5:36 PM, Sani Nassif said:

But please if you do not believe signing & sharing these petitions/protests can help us to meet these demands that I'm 100% sure will help us to complete the civil rights movement, please let us bring up ideas here and talk about this.

Wow! Excellent post.

However, I do not believe in signing a petition without doing more individual research.

So, I will keep my eyes open for more information.

Right now, I don't dismiss petitions at all and believe that this could be a great start, but I also believe something else needs to be done.

Slavery in prison is definitely evil and it is a hidden agend due to decieving Black people to believe that the 13th Amendement outlaws slavery when it absolutely is written in such a way that it still condones it!

And, I completely understand the issue about environmental dumping in poor and Black and other non-Europeans concentrated communities. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/13/2022 at 6:29 AM, Chevdove said:

Wow! Excellent post.

However, I do not believe in signing a petition without doing more individual research.

So, I will keep my eyes open for more information.

Right now, I don't dismiss petitions at all and believe that this could be a great start, but I also believe something else needs to be done.

Slavery in prison is definitely evil and it is a hidden agend due to decieving Black people to believe that the 13th Amendement outlaws slavery when it absolutely is written in such a way that it still condones it!

And, I completely understand the issue about environmental dumping in poor and Black and other non-Europeans concentrated communities. 

I appreciate the reply, but what other ideas are you thinking of that needs to be done? Please share. Lets work together to fix this, because where else is this being talked about? Definitely I agree we need to as a whole on this planet raise our awareness of who we truly are, and see we are all one race, but at least by written law in the US, the only way to change and fix things is with, petitions and protesting, it is the very first amendment. And literally the only way in America people work together to fix issues. So in all honesty I don't mean to be rude but this is so frustrating to me, because protesting to change laws, is the ONLY solution to do this by law, unless we up and start an entirely new civilization and just abandon America which is possible, but a muuuucccchhhh larger amount of steps we need to do. Instead of at least trying to look into the petitions, signing and working together on this, to get 1. 13th amendment to ABSOLUTELY abolish slavery under every circumstance. And 2. Honor the 14th amendment-equally fund all communities, and STOP environmental racism.

This absolutely can not stop in America UNLESS we start to petition it, join together and protest it. But I see time and time again just a lack of unity, everyone keeps telling me eeehh somethings missing so no one unites or does anything, because I see time and time again people just want to complain, but don't see the value behind actually caring, researching, and putting effort to care for everyone that is all us, now and in the future.

Like Tupac said in Only God Can Judge Me, "And every body grieves, but still nobody sees" We need to stop making a list of grievances/complaints, and actually do something about this. I am absolutely 100% sure these petitions and focusing on amending the 13th to abolish slavery under all circumstances, as well as the 14th; is the only thing that 100% by law will fix the issues of inequality in America. As well as just of course raising our awareness that we are all One people; but this does that BY LAW and gets the government to equally treat all its citizens by law, no more slavery by law, no more unjust disproportionate prison sentences just so racist people can continue to enslave, and no more environmental racism, EVERYTHING equally funded.

I really wish more then everything everyone would sign and share these petitions, but I don't know what else I can do, or how else I can explain how important they are to us all.

On 11/23/2022 at 12:52 AM, Sani Nassif said:

and see we are all one race, but at least by written law in the US, the only way to change and fix things is with, petitions and protesting, it is the very first amendment.

This, I believe, in that we are all one race, however, you are not going to convince White Supremacist of that. 

You are not going to be able to press them to do anything on that wise. It's just not going to happen.

So therefore, it would be wrong to try and bully non-Black people into believing that we are all one race, because most of us get that. We believe that, so we are not the problem. It's the bullys that invented this system.

And, I would never give any energy to that kind of effort, to try and convince them to change their ways and their beliefs. 

So, because this law that you speak of was invented by them, that is the very problem.

I am not going to waste my time trying to picket and plead with them to acknowledge their laws or to amend their laws to acknowledge that they are deceiving non-Black people into allowing this crooked law to still imprison and enslave people.

America needs to be overhauled and that means nonBlack people need to stop trying to press White Supremacist to acknowledge us. 

We need to confront them on another level, but I do not know the proper way to do that. I wish I did.