Brittany Griner's Appeal; Will She Be Freed? 

Brittany Griner's Appeal; Will She Be Freed? 

I wonder if the recent news coverage are published to help keep Brittaney Griner on the front page in hopes to get enough attention so that the Russians will free her through some type of prison swap.

Her appeal is up and coming on October 25.

She was convicted for 9 years for possession of hashish oil.

9 YEARS!!!

That is crazy!

I hope she is freed. 

______________________________________________________________________________________ 

The United States has said that her detention and trial were politically motivated

and that the Kremlin wants to exchange her for high-profile Russian citizens held

in the United States.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/brittney-griner-increasingly-anxious-she-184052897.html

merlin_211040886_cf0562ba-1e42-4529-9567-ce07f01bc600-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

I hope our sister will be freed and I think she will.
However it may not be until after the media makes a big deal out of her being a lesbian and shows her and her Black "wife".

The plan is to show the entire world how perverse and sexually confused Black Americans have become, and this story is a great opportunity for them to take advantage of.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 5:51 PM, Pioneer1 said:

However it may not be until after the media makes a big deal out of her being a lesbian and shows her and her Black "wife".

Yes, this is my worries. They might be making a public example out of her both in Russia and here. 

If they are, that is so NOT fair. To jail her for 9 years for marijuana is just unbelievable. It's so inhuman.

On 10/15/2022 at 5:51 PM, Pioneer1 said:

The plan is to show the entire world how perverse and sexually confused Black Americans have become, and this story is a great opportunity for them to take advantage of.

Exactly.

We've been set up and many of us don't even realize it.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!

She lost her appeal!

This hurts me so bad. 

I hope she makes it through. Ms Griner knew she wasn't going to get off completely, but her lawyer's had hoped for at least a reduced sentence. They were not happy and neither am I.

Here's the thing though, now, the government, our American government can fight for a prison swap.

She doesn't deserve this. This is so crazy.

The whole thing is a sham. No surprise she lost her appeal. 

Sista Brittney should have never been convicted and sentenced for that offense. She's a political prisoner.

Whenever the Russians and US decide to do a deal sista Brittney will be on 1st thing smoking out of Moscow. 😎

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yep.  Sista Brittney is starring in movie for which didn't even audition.

Showed up with her chronic oil in the middle of Russian aggression.  Now, she's a political prisoner. 

I doubt they are allowing Brittney to be mistreated over there regardless of the prison.  She's a high value bargaining chip.😎  

• Sad 1

On 11/11/2022 at 12:31 AM, ProfD said:

Showed up with her chronic oil in the middle of Russian aggression.  Now, she's a political prisoner. 

Yes, but I heard that it was prescribed by a medical doctor, so if that's true then, why has she been prosecuted? This makes no sense to me. You're right @ProfD, this is a sham. She's a political prisoner. They have destroyed her life. And I think too, because she is 'lesbian', she may have other problems and is going to be exploited in a terrible way.

The American government should have warned AfroAmericans that other countries in the world have other belief systems and may not be a good idea to be blind and believe that everyone else believes in this American LBGT.... movement. 

This is going to be a terrible event. She is being exploited. And she seems like she is a nice person, but after this crap, she may change forever, even if she does come back. 

7 hours ago, Chevdove said:

Yes, but I heard that it was prescribed by a medical doctor, so if that's true then, why has she been prosecuted?

The American government should have warned AfroAmericans that other countries in the world have other belief systems.... 

This is going to be a terrible event. She is being exploited. And she seems like she is a nice person, but after this crap, she may change forever, even if she does come back. 

Americans are warned prior to going into other countries.  Of course, that won't stop folks from doing their own thing whether it's arrogance or ignorance or complacency.  

I still maintain that sista Griner didn’t do anything *wrong* or unusual in her travels. She just got hemmed over there because of politics. Because she is a high value asset, the Russians will not let any harm come to her.

Sista Griner is being inconvenienced but definitely not subjected to any form of torture.

I don't believe sista Griner will be changed in a negative way from this ordeal. Once freed, she may never play basketball overseas again. 😎

Unless the stars align, Ms. Griner is going to have to live in some tough conditions for a few years. 

Ukraine's Zelensky is going to have accept a negotiated settlement which will entail the loss of territory to Russia. 

Putin's invasion was never about re-establishing the Warsaw Pact. It is about eliminating Ukraine as an independent and democratic nation in the eyes of most on this planet. 

On 11/12/2022 at 10:57 AM, ProfD said:

I don't believe sista Griner will be changed in a negative way from this ordeal. Once freed, she may never play basketball overseas again. 😎

@ProfD I hope you're right! I hope that you are right on both counts!

If she is freed and comes back unchanged, I hope that she will nver play basketball overseas again, at least in countries that are not friendly to Black people.

11 hours ago, Stefan said:

Unless the stars align, Ms. Griner is going to have to live in come tough conditions for a few years. 

Well, @StefanI believe that if US does not act fast and put a lot of pressure on Russia, she may not be released really soon. 

11 hours ago, Stefan said:

Ukraine's Zelensky is going to have accept a negotiated settlement which will entail the loss of territory to Russia. 

Uhm. That's interesting. So are you saying that Ukraine is losing? Or, both sides have had a significant loss and they are going to negotiate a settlement in which will be positive for both countries? I wonder now. 

I thought Russia was losing. 

Cynqiue,

On other forums, many White people have urged the U.S. to go to war to defend Ukraine. I say Hell no!

Do I think Ukraine is losing? Ukraine has LOST! It's cities' infrastructure has been bombed into complete disrepair, its populace may cheer their recapture of Kherson, but it's an empty victory. It will take years to rebuild all the damage Russia caused. 

Ukraine could not have won. Trump doomed the country when he refused to rush aid to Zelensky when the Ukrainian president asked for it. Trump demanded a phony investigation in the Bidens in return for aid.

This is what happens when addle-brained idiots put their faith in a psychotic maniac who puts his own ego in front of his country, the suffering and the planet. 

Ukraine never stood a chance of *winning* a war against Russia. The country took on death and destruction to prove their capacity to become a NATO ally. 

OTOH, Russia could have wiped Ukraine in a matter of days if they were really interested in doing so. That's not the goal. 

The war isn't about destroying Ukraine. It's about keeping them from pursuing a NATO alliance and ultimately having the US at the Russian border. 😎

Russia never wanted to wipe out Ukraine. Putin simply did not want Ukraine to exist as a separate, independent and democratic nation.

This war is not over. 

As long as Putin-think exists, Russia will never tolerate a NATO nation on its border. 

As if all NATO ammunition, armor and guns are standardized. 

34 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Now we just received breaking news that Russia sent missiles over to Poland...a NATO allie....killing two people.

This can't be too good.
We're have to wait and see what Poland and NATO's response will be....if any.

My guess is NATO forces will show up in Poland and start doing lite exercises at the border...push-ups and calisthenics.

NATO forces might crank up a big plane or helicopter and fly around the block.

But, NATO won't do anything to aggravate Vlady Putin.

Oh yeah, POTUS PJB will lower his voice and wag his finger telling Vlady not to go there.😁😎

Reminds me of something that happened to me in the 4th grade.
We were all running outside for recess and a ball hit me in the head, and the bully who threw it said  "I'm sorry...it slipped" with a grin on his face.

Perhaps it was a mistake by Russia....or perhaps a test.
But whatever the case, I think Biden FAILED in his RESPONSE to this incident.

No, you don't just muster up the NATO forces and go to war over the incident....but you don't IMMEDIATELY dismiss it as some "honest mistake" so quickly either.
Especially after both of your allies Ukraine and Poland INSIST that it wasn't.

Even if that's the conclusion you were planning to come to in order to avoid a direct confrontation with Russia.....which I think is EXACTLY what Biden did.....you don't do it THAT damn quickly and obviously.
You put a few troops on the border and do an "investigation" and come to that "conclusion" over a few weeks period of time to atleast make it look like you were PREPARING to defend your allies.

Shit.
Biden sat down so quickly I thought the chair was about to tip over!

Now Poland and the other NATO allies are sitting there looking at the U.S. all side-eyed like:

The Merkel Way vs. the Orbán Way for Europe - Carnegie Europe - Carnegie  Endowment for International Peace

"Ok.....so what if Russia really DID attack us?
Would this nigga actually stand up?
Or start making excuses and playing stupid while the nations are being destroyed????"

3 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

She will get out when Trump is re-elected.

If Trump get's in that office again, not only will SHE stay in Russia.....he's gonna send YOU over there too.

Chain Gangs Canvas Prints & Wall Art - Fine Art America
"Well.....
I got a good idea for a new children's book but....
Ain't no sense in tellin' nobody about it now."

And many MORE niggas over there to work in those Siberian penal colonies.
Because that's Trump's plan to "make America great again".

@Pioneer1

Why do you relate current events to things that happened to you long ago? A lot of people had to deal with bullies. So, someone tossed a ball t you and it smacked into your head many, many moons ago. You got a jaywalking citation, so you think all cops in California ain't chit. Numbers of Spanish-speaking folks emigrate to Southern California and your advice to Black people is to run away.

Now, you are blaming President Biden for his calm response to a errant missile strike in Eastern Europe. You sound as silly as these White racist warmongers I encounter online. Always ready to send troops to do battle in areas that are not crucial to the Republic's survival. Or to climb into missile silos, grab launch codes to bring about nuclear Armageddon.

Since when did you become a Right Wing toady who is forever ready to toss mud at President Biden?

Ukraine is not the fight the U.S., NATO or Black people should run their dumb asses into. It never has been. We need to stay out of it.

"But what about the children and mothers who will freeze this winter? What about the civilians who were slaughtered?"

That is what a good psychologist would call 'misplaced sympathies.' I care more about the shivering and the starving in Africa - not Eastern Europe. Do you think any Republicans care about the suffering in Africa?

Republicans don't care about anyone who's starving because it's quite likely their dumb and inhuman policies caused it. 

Stefan

Why do you relate current events to things that happened to you long ago? A lot of people had to deal with bullies. So, someone tossed a ball t you and it smacked into your head many, many moons ago. You got a jaywalking citation, so you think all cops in California ain't chit. Numbers of Spanish-speaking folks emigrate to Southern California and your advice to Black people is to run away.

Anecdotal experiences are considered 1st hand knowledge.
Atleast to the experiencer and observer.

Now, you are blaming President Biden for his calm response to a errant missile strike in Eastern Europe.

It wasn't a "calm" response, it was NO response at all.
He actually  called Russia's action an "accident" before even RUSSIA said it was....WTF???

Made Poland look like a complete FOOL before the world.

Imagine a man's wife getting slapped in the face and instead of defending her, he tells her:

How do guys feel when a girl cries? - Quora

"Oh geez....will you EVER get over it?
I'm sure the guy didn't hit you on purpose!
He was probably just having a bad day, that's all!"

How safe would such a woman be around a husband like that????

Since when did you become a Right Wing toady who is forever ready to toss mud at President Biden?

Criticizm of Jim Crow Joe Biden doesn't make you right-wing.
It makes you a PRAGMATIST who doesn't believe in EITHER party and can see through the lies and deceptions of both.

Ukraine is not the fight the U.S., NATO or Black people should run their dumb asses into. It never has been. We need to stay out of it.

Regardless as to what we "need" to do, it has already started and the U.S. is in it.

The actions (or lack there of)  of Joe Biden made things MORE dangerous because his perceived fear of engaging Russia will provoke them into being MORE aggressive and covering more ground.

He didn't have to go to war with them, but atleast ACTED like he was prepared to defend Poland.

On 11/24/2022 at 7:03 PM, daniellegfny said:

NATO should have attacked Ukraine for its attack on Poland. Then it could have annexed it.

Oh, is THAT the official position of the right-wing now a days?
That Ukraine is the enemy....instead of Russia....and that THEY attacked Poland?

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with too many right-wing discussions lately.....lol

On 11/27/2022 at 12:19 AM, Stefan said:

Ukraine is NOT a member of NATO. I know that's hard for you to grasp.

I said NATO should attack the Ukraine because of its attacks on Poland. It’s because they aren’t members that they should be attacked.

On 11/27/2022 at 9:50 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Oh, is THAT the official position of the right-wing now a days?
That Ukraine is the enemy....instead of Russia....and that THEY attacked Poland?

I am not Right Wing. I am a Good Sense American Nationalist.

• Haha 1

@Pioneer1

Oh, go easy on 'da boy. His lovin' crush, Werewolf Walker, lost his election tonight. 

Some people simply do not understand global politics, international relations or how to conduct Matters of State.

That seems to be the case with many Republicans these days. Especially the ones who have dark skin and go running off in search of a massa butt they can lick.  

When it comes to Britney, she will either serve most of her prison term or be released secretly without fanfare.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 4:14 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Yeah, "tyranny" is the right word....since your boy Trump has ADMITTED that he'd like to rip up the Constitution and have himself declared dictator of the U.S.

Stop twisting words.

2 hours ago, Stefan said:

That seems to be the case with many Republicans these days. Especially the ones who have dark skin and go running off in search of a massa butt they can lick.  

Freedom is what real people seek and strive for. Walker did incredibly well. I am not disappointed in his performance. There’s other aspects of the party that needs to be addressed. 

An independent confirmation of my analysis 

9 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

Freedom is what real people seek and strive for.  There’s other aspects of the party that needs to be addressed. 

The GOP will distance itself from the grip of the former POTUS and return to its more conservative values which isn't necessarily a good thing depending on one's social status.😎

9 hours ago, ProfD said:

The GOP will distance itself from the grip of the former POTUS and return to its more conservative values which isn't necessarily a good thing depending on one's social status.😎

It's not good at all.
Because most UNDERSTOOD Trump as a joke, a parody, a boogieman on a national level that Democrats could aim their criticisms at and place the blame on while the REAL racist Conservative threats would operate on the local and state level flying under the radar.

Now that the ass clown is being removed, they want to replace him with a Conservative FOR REAL who is no joke.
Keep an eye on Pence.
Maybe DeSantis but he's a joke too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProfD said:

Sista Brittney Griner has been freed and she's on her way home in time for the holidays. 😎

Hey! Thanks! I just saw a report and popped in to spread the news, and see that you already did it.

Honestly, her freedom happened sooner than I thought, but I am so glad this nightmare is over!

image.png.6be5b2dfec3ba4f3b00a5c19fdac1571.png

More than a decade later, Mr. Bout, 55, has been freed, despite serving less than half of his 25-year prison sentence. He was exchanged on Thursday for the American basketball star Brittney Griner, who had been imprisoned in Russia for 10 months.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/who-is-viktor-bout-arms-dealer-in-swap-for-brittney-griner/ar-AA153jSN?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=8f03de2330d5470f8b3ddd9848a9ddc5

• Thanks 1