New. Emit. Till. Movie..

New. ,Movie,,,About,,The. Racist. Murder. Of. Emit. Till.  Racist. Thrash. ,That,Murdered. Him.  They. Beat. Him. ,Had  A. Cotton. Gin. Fan,Barbed. Wire. Tied. Around. His. Body. ,Gouged. Out. His. Eyes ,Threw. Him. In. The. River. ....His. Mother. When. He. Was. Buried. ,Wanting. America. To. See. How. He. Looked. .Haunting. Picture. Of,Emit. Till.   This. Movie. Herschel. Walker.  ,Kanye. West. ,Clarence Thomas. Need. To. Go. See.  The. Street. Gangs,Crack. Sellers,Street,Thugs. Who. Genocide. The. Black. Community. ,Should. Go. See.  It ......

Unfortunately, this movie will not move the needle of indifference AfroAmericans seem to have to our history nor complacency with the status quo.

Like Hidden Figures, Just Mercy, Black KkKlansman and other movies, Till will be more entertainment than education or motivation to insure history doesn't repeat itself. 😎

This movie MAY be another "hit" piece on Black America.

I'm not sure if it's the same movie, but I saw a brief clip of some movie about Emitt Till depicting him as a fat, sloppy, mentally challenged boy who was going around town bragging about his sexual exploits with White women up in Chicago.   This same clip showed him flirting with and whistling at the White woman in the store trying to get her.

We need to becareful with some of this crap they're putting out in Hollywood.

8 hours ago, ProfD said:

Like Hidden Figures, Just Mercy, Black KkKlansman and other movies, Till will be more entertainment than education or motivation to insure history doesn't repeat itself. 😎

I have been meaning to see Black KKKkansman and Hidfden Figures because I heard they were great films. 

8 hours ago, ProfD said:

Unfortunately, this movie will not move the needle of indifference AfroAmericans seem to have to our history nor complacency with the status quo.

Depressing.

I remember in the past looking through some type of list trying to find the movie Roots, By Alex Haley; Yes, now I remember, it was many years ago when Block buster was open--I found the movie in the section ENTERTAINMENT. I just couldn't believe it. I have a hard time understanding why it would be in this section. 

6 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

We need to becareful with some of this crap they're putting out in Hollywood.

Absolutely. 

Not sure about Hidden Figures because I haven't seen it yet but WATCH Black KKKlansman, it's a great film....as most of Spike's movies are.

Spike Lee has a wonderful gift of being able to capture the TRUE vibe of the time frame his movies are set in whether it's the 40s, 50s, 70s, or 90s.
He'll take you back into time and have you so caught up in the movie you'll thinking you're actually living in THAT time frame.

PLUS his movies are usually long and gives you more for your money...lol.