Is Time on My Side?

@DelI've been experimenting with some time markers, while choosing my numbers for the billion dollar Powerball lottery.  I won a grand total of $8.00 on the last drawing.  Experimenting with a different approach for the next drawing. Trying to catch up with the future through dreams... Also trying to decide what time of day to go vote on mid term election day.  Democrats need

all the help they can get.

• Like 2

Until @Delano arrives with the time markers, I'll offer the following:

The odds of winning the $1.5B lottery are 1 in 292 million. Reinvest the $8 won...no more or less.

The Democrats are going to lose the House in the midterm elections.  They haven't done enough stop the GOP over the past 2 years.

I'll go back to my easy chair now. 😁😎

• Haha 1

On 11/3/2022 at 4:43 PM, Cynique said:

I won a grand total of $8.00 on the last drawing.  Exper

that is actually pretty good  the odds of winning anything are pretty high.

On 11/3/2022 at 4:49 PM, ProfD said:

1 in 292 million

is that is right? i thought it was higher someone with 292 million could buy 292 million and turn it into 1.5B if they could get past the hurdle of buying buy the tickets. 

On 11/4/2022 at 12:42 PM, Mel Hopkins said:

I voted early here in Georgia. But you know what?  I pity the fools who don't vote de

i voted here in Florida, by mail,  a couple of weeks ago — Far and away the easiest state i ever voted in. You can even track your vote view online. They even send you emails giving you a history of your voting. This is counterintuitive given the coverage of the state.

@Delano I’d take the Powerball over the answer to any question. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troy said:

This is counterintuitive given the coverage of the state.

Oh snap!

So the “media” never thought to interview anyone Black about how easy it is to vote in Florida?  This pisses me off!  I’m over here in (purple state) Georgia, where it is also easy to vote, track my voting record and register to vote too.  

Well, now gerrymandering makes sense. If politicians pick their voters then why wouldn’t they want to make it easy for the constituents to cast their ballots! 

Learn something new everyday! 

5 hours ago, Troy said:

I’d take the Powerball over the answer to any question. 😉

How about why you would take money over freedom. Extreme wealth ends up owning you.

5 hours ago, Troy said:

someone with 292 million could buy 292 million and turn it into 1.5B if they could get past the hurdle of buying buy the tickets. 

That wouldn't work.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2022 at 2:47 PM, Delano said:

Mel and Del both add up to a 3. Which is the joy of living. Three's immerse themselves in the experiment of life.

Twin, this feels accurate.   I just wrote something similar in my daily dish notes. 

"My only regret is my inability to finesse more than one lifestyle in this  lifetime.  Probably why I became a journalist so I could write about them." ~MH

1 hour ago, Delano said:
6 hours ago, Troy said:

someone with 292 million could buy 292 million and turn it into 1.5B if they could get past the hurdle of buying buy the tickets. 

That wouldn't work.

Twin, is on it! 

Each play cost $2, So you'd need to spend over $584,000,000. The lump-sum payout is $929.1 million before federal and local taxes. But since you're already a multimillionaire or billionaire you would probably pay taxes based on your tax bracket.  BUT there are other prizes too -so maybe you'll do a little better than break even.  That is, if someone else or a lot of other people didn't  pick the same winning numbers. lol

@Mel HopkinsWhat I was most recently trying to do is to project my dreams into the future where the PowerBall drawing had already been held and the winning numbers drawn. I  had a pad and pencil at my bedside so when I woke up after such a dream, I could write the numbers down.  Of course, none of this makes any sense to anybody who isn't crazy like me and - I just engage in all of this nonsense to indulge my fascination with quantum leaps. 

@Delano I think I am more interested in the answer to whether or not time is on my side.  And you are right.  I do feel as though I'm no longer of this world, and @ProfD I will be drifting in and out of the cave of my mental hibernation to check on my earthly realm while awaiting for my time to run out. 

I feel very strongly that we are witnessing the beginning of the end of America's failed 200+ years experiment with democracy, and that the fall of the American Empire as we know it is imminent.  The Republicans are going to prevail and turn this country into a fascistic hypocritical evangelical theocracy. Elections will become mere formalities and it will all be "their way or the highway". 

@Troyimo, the Democrats will  have mostly themselves to blame for this.  They've overestimated not only the intelligence of the American people, but their integrity.  Average voters are not really interested in the welfare of their fellow man. They want to be able to discriminate against other races, reject immigrants, make fun of, and sexually harass each other while leading the best life that materialism has to offer. You know; the American dream. Preaching political correctness, imposing the cancel culture and forcing the lbgt and BLM agendas down peoples' throats will be what contributes to the defeat of the naive idealistic Democrats.  RIP  

I think black survival  under a Conservative Right regime  may have a lot to do with just staying in one's lane.  I don't anticipate being around to endure what eventually lies ahead, however. After 90, all bets are off.   

Of course, i would have nooo problem with being wrong about these predictions!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cynique said:

HopkinsWhat I was most recently trying to do is to project my dreams into the future where the PowerBall drawing had already been held and the winning numbers drawn. I  had a pad and pencil at my bedside so when I woke up after such a dream

This is similar to remote viewing. The US military and the Soviets were interested in this, however I don't think anyone thought of going into the future to remote view. Although I don't know that much about remote viewing.

12 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

That is, if someone else or a lot of other people didn't  pick the same winning numbers. lol

Powerball is a pari-mutuel payout. In addition, I think some numbers get locked out. So you may find that you can't say certain combinations. In addition there are taxes, which I am guessing would be between a third and half.

10 hours ago, Cynique said:

I think I am more interested in the answer to whether or not time is on my side. 

If you are attempting time travel and you are phase shifting. You are transcending time. Which is difficult even for people that have devoted considerable time to this endeavour.

At some point you may find your answers or get bored with the world. You are an unconscious Magus.

feel very strongly that we are witnessing the beginning of the end of America's failed 200+ years experiment with democracy, and that the

When Trump was running I said we are going to see some paradigm shifts culminating around 2024.

Of course, none of this makes any sense to anybody who isn't crazy like me and - I just engage in all of this nonsense to indulge my fascination with quantum leaps. 

This is the essence of time markers. To choose a time that will enhance whatever endeavour you are commencing.  So I may be crazier than thou.

On 11/6/2022 at 3:09 PM, Delano said:

How about why you would take money over freedom. Extreme wealth ends up owning you.

I'm free now.  So it depends on how you define freedom because more money does not make me less free and if it does -- gimme the money.

On 11/6/2022 at 3:09 PM, Delano said:

That wouldn't work.

If the odds are 292M to 1 and I take all 292M chances, explain how I would not win?

On 11/6/2022 at 4:38 PM, Mel Hopkins said:

Each play cost $2

Oh, OK I assumed it was $1 a ticket.  Thanks for the explanation Mel.  

Still, if I needed to spend $600M to win $1.5B -- i'd take that bet every day of the week -- even with taxes.  I'm also assuming that the stated prize pool is $1.5B for person who picks all the numbers.  The only other real risk is that someone else pick the correct numbers too forcing you the share the prize.  Still given the odds I'd still take the bet.  If I shared the prize with someone else and only win $750M I'm still ahead.  While gambling winnings are taxable, gambling losses should be tax deducible. @Delano do you still think it would not work?

On 11/6/2022 at 7:10 PM, Cynique said:

Of course, i would have nooo problem with being wrong about these predictions!

Me neither!

On 11/7/2022 at 4:57 AM, Delano said:

Powerball is a pari-mutuel payout.

This is not a factor, in my reasoning, as it just describes how the size of the prize is determined, not the odds of winning.

15 hours ago, Troy said:

Still, if I needed to spend $600M to win $1.5B -- i'd take that bet every day of the week -- even with taxes.  I'm also assuming that the stated prize pool is $1.5B for person who picks all the numbers.  The only other real risk is that someone else pick the correct numbers too forcing you the share the prize.  Still given the odds I'd still take the bet.  If I shared the prize with someone else and only win $750M I'm still ahead.  While gambling winnings are taxable, gambling losses should be tax deducible. @Delano do you still think it would not work?

If one other person wins your getting half of 588 mil

This sudden increase in income shoots the winner into the nation’s highest tax bracket of 37 percent. So, on top of the 24 percent the IRS just took out, the winner owes another 13 percent to the federal government. In total, that comes out to $345,904,120.

So, from $1.9 billion, your historic Powerball jackpot is now down to $588,971,880 thanks to taxes

Powerball grand prize are 292.2 million-to-one! you get 245 mil a net loss of 50 mil.

16 hours ago, Troy said:

This is not a factor, in my reasoning, as it just describes how the size of the prize is determined, not the odds of winning.

okay but is a factor in the payout.

1 hour ago, Delano said:

So, from $1.9 billion, your historic Powerball jackpot is now down to $588,971,880 thanks to taxes

I don't follow your math on how a payout of 1.9B gets down knocked down by a whopping 1.3B due to taxes. 

1 hour ago, Delano said:

okay but is a factor in the payout.

Of course, but that payout has been announced.  Are you saying the payout is different than what is being announced?

Someone won the Lotto -- 2 billion dollars -- Can you imagine!

@Cynique The democrats did not do badly in the midterms. 🙂

I assume you concede the point about "pari-mutuel payout." Since that describes how the jackpot is determined, not how the prize is paid out, and does not factor into the these calculations right?

Now you are assuming a 37% tax hit every year for 20 years which not an assumption I'd make.  There are a variety of ways to avoid and minimize tax liability. You are also assuming the money is gonna be stuffed in a mattress somewhere and not invested or appreciate in value. 

But the question boils down to this: Is $600 million today worth more or less to you than $2 billion paid out over 20 years virtually riskless? 

5 hours ago, Troy said:

The democrats did not do badly in the midterms.

@TroyTrue.  It could've been much worse. The pundits and the experts don't know what they're talkin about, either. Now the Dems have to figure out what they did right, so they can focus on that for 2024. The Retrumpicans are so bad, even dumb folk know they need to be defeated.  But the country remains evenly divided. 

Sigh.  'Wish i could access this site through my smart phone but I can't! So i have to rely on my old out-of-date computer to post here, and this inhibits my participation.  Good thing i don't have anything important to say.   

5 hours ago, Troy said:

I assume you concede the point about "pari-mutuel payout.".Since that describes how the jackpot is determined, not how the prize is paid out, and does not factor into the these calculations right?

You may want to look up the definition of pari-mutuel. Before you assume I will conced you may want to know what you what the terms mean. 

5 hours ago, Troy said:

Now you are assuming a 37% tax hit every year for 20 years which not an assumption I'd make.

No I am not assuming that. If you reread what I wrote the 37% applies a lump sum payout which would be one year. From an investing point of view it better to take the lump sum. However from a psychological viewpoint it is better to take annual payments.

5 hours ago, Troy said:

But the question boils down to this: Is $600 million today worth more or less to you than $2 billion paid out over 20 years virtually riskless?

I am not certain why you are mentioning risk,since It is a government payout. Can you figure out the Net Present Value of $2 billion in 20 years? I'll help you out,what does the interest rate have to be that equates $600 mil today with $2 bil in 20 years? Let me know if you can't figure it out. You had finance a long time ago.

4 hours ago, Cynique said:

Good thing i don't have anything important to say. 

Stop fishing for compliments. You are the star that we all look up to, your presence is appreciated and your absence is noticed.

• Haha 1

On 11/7/2022 at 11:10 AM, Cynique said:

What I was most recently trying to do is to project my dreams into the future where the PowerBall drawing had already been held and the winning numbers drawn.

Abstract

’Remote Viewing,’ popularly known as Extra Sensory Perception (ESP) is the ability of human being to perceive information and imagery of remote geographical targets. Advanced practitioners of the Indian Yoga system were well acquainted with ‘Divya Drishti.’

This paper deals with experiments conducted in USA in which certain individuals were trained to acquire such ‘Remote Viewing’ capabilities for collecting military intelligence.

Background to Remote Viewing Faculty

The faculty of Remote Viewing is popularly also known as Extra Sensory Perception (or ESP for short), a term coined by the pioneering parapsychology researcher J.B. Rhine in 1934. Students of Indian Yogic lore are however well acquainted with it. Aphorism 3.26 of Patanjali’s classic work Yoga Sutras (400 B.C.) describes the first of the ashta-siddhis (or psychic powers) that a serious practitioner of Yoga can acquire as ‘obtaining knowledge of the small, the hidden or distant by directing the light of superphysical faculty’. Russell Targ, has commented that the techniques used by the US viewers for ‘looking into the distance and the future’ are ‘strikingly similar to the detailed instructions given in the Yoga Sutra!’

Most ancient civilisations appear to have been acquainted with the knowledge of this particular faculty of the human mind. In both Indian and Chinese scriptures there are instances of the clairvoyant skills of people being used as a tool for obtaining relevant military information in the battle-ground.

It is learnt that the US Government authorities started paying serious attention to investigating the possible applicability of ‘remote viewing’ techniques for military purposes only when a book titled Psychic Discoveries Behind the Iron Curtain, authored by Sheila Ostrander and Lynn Schroeder, was published in 1970 11 . This book appears to have jolted the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) into action, triggering what one journalist has dubbed as the ‘Race for Inner Space’! Hal Puthoff, the founder and first Director of the SRI Studies has given a graphic account of how it all began in his recollections of the programme. 6

https://ciaotest.cc.columbia.edu/olj/sa/sa_jan02srm01.html

I have said it earlier you are an unconscious Magus. I have only met two others.

I had come across Patanjali, in addition if certain spiritual practices or approached with devotion psychic powers are conveyed to the aspirant.