I Thought Twitter Was Supposed To Be "Different" Under Musk....

Twitter Removes Ye’s Inflammatory Post as Musk Faces Pressure Over Content

It comes as a coalition of several civil-rights groups said they plan to exert more pressure on Twitter advertisers to stop spending.

Kanye West

November 4, 2022 at 1:01 PM PDT

Twitter Inc. removed a tweet from Ye for violating its terms of service as new owner Elon Musk comes under pressure from advertisers and civil-rights groups over the social-media firm’s content-moderation efforts.

Ye, the Black rapper and designer formerly known as Kanye West, had suggested in his tweet that calling someone antisemitic was a coded way of using a racial slur against African Americans. Ye has become a lightning rod for criticism in recent weeks for his offensive comments about Jews. Adidas AG, Gap Inc. and Balenciaga have dropped their partnerships with the artist.

Ye’s tweet was taken down the same day that a coalition of several civil-rights groups, including the Anti-Defamation League, the NAACP and Accountable Tech, said they plan exert more pressure on Twitter advertisers to stop buying ad space on the platform over concerns that Musk would relax its content-moderation policies. Volkswagen AG, General Motors Co. and Pfizer Inc. are among companies that have announced a pause in advertising on Twitter.

Kanye West Deleted Tweet: Twitter Removes Post While Under Advertiser Pressure - Bloomberg

🙄  Don't look like too much has changed on Twitter to me.

They're still making up excuses to delete posts by and ban accounts of Black users while justifying why they let White users come on spewing all types of vile filth in the name of "freedom of speech".

Black folks need to establish OUR OWN social media platforms instead of occupying spaces in White owned establishments hoping for fair and equal treatment.
You'd think we'd learn better by now.

I thought Kanye was supposed to be buying Parler.
I wonder how that's going.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I thought Kanye was supposed to be buying Parler.  I wonder how that's going.

Parler was founded 4 years ago by 3 relatively young white folks. No need to make them even more rich. 

Considering the money Kanye has, he could create a social media platform out of thin air. No need to buy an existing platform. 😎

ProfD

I agree.
Just start your own platform.
No need to play musical chairs.

I think Kanye's PROPOSED purchase of Parler was some sort of ruse that him and his White right-winger friends may have hatched to try to change hands 

Whatever the case, if you notice we haven't heard anything else about the deal.
It was all over the internet a few weeks ago before the other shit came down on Kanye, then there was no more talk about it.

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

think Kanye's PROPOSED purchase of Parler was some sort of ruse that him and his White right-winger friends may have hatched to try to change hands 

Meanwhile, because they own the designs, Adidas will be selling shoes under their own brand that look just like Yeezys.😎

• Haha 1

Elon Musk remains in his heart, a White Supremacist Afrikaaner. 

Those folks had to be threatened with total annihilation to recognize that freeing Nelson Mandela was the human, decent and so-called Christian thing to do.

When Blacks called for a race war of revenge, Mandela was against it. 

Why anyone thought Elon would be different from his White Supremacist father is beyond me. The use of the N-word skyrocketed on Twitter after Musk took over. 

If Black folks stopped using Twitter immediately and came up with their own platform they would not be enriching another white supremacist billionaire.

I'm doing my part...no Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Don't feel like I'm missing a d8mn thing either.😁😎

• Thanks 1

On 11/14/2022 at 12:15 PM, Stefan said:

Why anyone thought Elon would be different from his White Supremacist father is beyond me. The use of the N-word skyrocketed on Twitter after Musk took over. 

I take it the sarcasm intended behind the title didn't bleed over too much through the web....lol

I guess one of the drawbacks of the internet is not always being able to read people's faces when they're making a statement.

@Pioneer1 I guess the problem in catching the sarcasm in your title is that most people expected Twitter to be different under Musk -- mostly worse.

Were you trying to imply that people would think it would be different, but that nothing has changed?

I suspect I'm the only one in this conversation that uses Twitter and I go in there with blinders and post things to promote AALBC and react to any comments.

The only recent exceptions was to find Kyrie's "antisemitic" post  and look at Musk's page.  Both activities were a waste of my time,,.

• Haha 1

Ending remote work and asking for more effort is not exactly tyrannical 😉  Musk reminds me of Trump the media can't get enough of him -- they really can't help themselves. 

Since Musk took over traffic to twitter is actually up a bit.  They are one of the most popular sites on the web ranking #11 by SEMRish's estimates. Spending virtually nothing on Google ads -- why should they the media is their best promoter. 

For comparison purposes AALBC ranks number 31K. 

twitter.jpg

37 minutes ago, Troy said:

Ending remote work and asking for more effort is not exactly tyrannical 😉

Right. It's not tyrannical. Nor does it make people want to work there.

If the company isn't losing money, the employees must be working well from wherever they're located.

It's a social media platform company. They're not making widgets. The product sells itself. 

Musk is just flexing and smelling himself unnecessarily. 🤣😎

Troy

I guess the problem in catching the sarcasm in your title is that most people expected Twitter to be different under Musk -- mostly worse.

Were you trying to imply that people would think it would be different, but that nothing has changed?

I knew if Musk took over and had his way, racists would abound and run free range over Twitter without worrying about being deleted and banned.  So with regard to that, yes it's is different.

But not different as in better, the racists have more elbowroom now.

And the rub salt in the wound, although White right-wingers are being allowed to do their thing....a Black right-winger like Kanye is STILL being silenced and deleted.
Which let's you know it's still all about race no matter what political affiliation you take on to be accepted.

ProfD

In the latest news, Musk is demanding that Twitter employees "commit to extremely hardcore work" for the company or else they will be fired.  He's also ended remote work.  Reads like that dude is planning to run a cult or dictatorship

Well he's catering to the needs of WHITE MEN.

The entire "work from home" thing has been throwing White men into a hissy-sissy-fit rage for the past 2 years.

One of the major ways they get their "supremacy" rocks off is in the work place where they can boss people around and tell them what to do!
That's one of the reasons so many White men were crying and dying for things to "get back to normal" despite being paid MORE MONEY in many cases to stay at home.

Like Neely Fuller Jr. said, these racists LIVE to dominate and mistreat people of color.  

That's what they live for.

If they can't do that, they'd rather not even be alive and many of them would rather just kill themselves.

So although it makes more economic sense from a corporate perspective  Musk, Trump, and these other White men in executive positions are trying to end that "work from home" detail because it's having a negative effect on the egos of White men.