Why I Had Hoped Our Sister Did NOT Become Mayor Of Los Angeles

I have nothing against Congresswoman Bass.
She's an intelligent and professional sister and I'm sure she would make an excellent mayor for any U.S. city.
However......

I was hoping she DIDN'T win that election.
I was actually hoping that Republican White dude had won it.

Why?

Because like most elections in the United States today, I think it is/was rigged and I don't trust them.  I think it's a ruse and a trick to further confuse AfroAmericans and give our people....especially in California and elsewhere...a FALSE sense of power.

California....including the Los Angeles area....is racist as hell against AfroAmericans.
Black people make up only a TINY percentage of the population in Los Angeles and even much tinier percentage in California as a state.
There are FAR more Black people in the state of Texas both in terms of numbers and percentage wise.
Yet Texas is considered a "red" and "Conservative" state while Cali is supposed to be the cool "blue" "liberal" one with all of this Black Power bubbling up inside of it????

...so how do Black people end up getting so much political power and media coverage there?

I believe it's a trick....a trap.
The media intentionally paints California as some sort of Liberal bastion of Black progress in order to suck Black people into the state and entrap them and send them to prison.

Can't speak for other people but when I was in California nearly half of the Black men there had been locked up.
Most were living a hardened street life from drugs, to gangs, to homelessness.
Nothing like the pool parties and champagne popping I saw on the music videos and movies.
I quickly realized that there was some sort of concerted effort on the part of Hollywood and the media in general to give people...especially Black people...a FALSE idea of what life would be like for them in Cali.   
For what reason....I wasn't sure and still am not sure.
But it's clear that a lot of energy has and is being put into making California "appealing" to Black people more so than any other place in the U.S. and electing our sister as mayor is just one more piece in that puzzle.

IMO, electing Rep. Karen Bass to be Mayor of Los Angeles will not adversely affect AfroAmericans living there. 

We should hope that a Mayor Bass could implement policies to help and inspire disenfranchised AfroAmerican Los Angelinos to do better for themselves.😎

• Like 2

ProfD

The BEST thing Black Los Angelios can do to better themselves is LEAVE Los Angeles and go further East.
Don't stop until you're east of Las Vegas.

But no, I don't think her being mayor will necessarily make things worse DIRECTLY.
It could though.
You know, like Obama being President gave a lot of racists cover to practice their dirt all while claiming this nation can't be racist because there's a "Black guy" in office.

Now the LAPD and really run rampant and if you utter a word of complaint they can just say they were working under the orders of a Black female mayor.

• Sad 1

On 11/13/2022 at 2:11 PM, Pioneer1 said:

The BEST thing Black Los Angelios can do to better themselves is LEAVE Los Angeles and go further East.

Nah bro. AfroAmericans  can't run forever. We have unify,  stand and fight to make things right wherever we live.

5 hours ago, Stefan said:

Don't you just love folks who think, gee, just snap your fingers and move to another state?

While I disagree with AfroAmericans having to learn Spanish, I do believe they should not have to move when another group of people show up. 😎

• Like 1

As I said in another post ... Blacks give up too easily. We do not like to stand and fight. 

Imaging if Dr. King was told to just move out of the South and give up trying to win us The Vote. 

We've turned into sycophant weenies. Desperate for the next new sneaker, or celebrity who acts out. We dismiss intelligence and real analysis in favor of B.S. nonsense from individuals who don't know shit. Because this happened so many years ago, or is still going to, I am paralyzed with fear. I cannot move forward. Let me run away. 

Those who oppose us are too strong. Barack Obama didn't think so. But that's the difference. Barack THINKS.

How many Black people take classes or time off to re-educate themselves to stay abreast of change in the workplace? But too many of us frown at self-improvement if it means any kind of sacrifice.

The stern visage of Harriet Tubman should shame us.

You don't think she studied Confederate codes, hand signs and signals? She improved herself. We are intellectual cowards - afraid to face change.

Too many of us would rather whine. 

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

We dismiss intelligence and real analysis in favor of B.S. nonsense

This is true, but it is not just us, it is the culture.  But like everything else we suffer more as a result.

On 11/13/2022 at 7:13 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Because like most elections in the United States today, I think it is/was rigged and I don't trust them. 

The elections themselves don't have to be rigged. Gerrymandering, the electoral college, and voting rules have created an environment in which our representatives do not represent the majority of people. 

11 hours ago, ProfD said:

AfroAmericans  can't run forever. We have unify,  stand and fight to make things right wherever we live.

This is true.  Individuals may be able to improve their lot by running somewhere else, but thrive as a people, we have to do what ProfD wrote, 

I don't know enough about the sister from Cali, but in general, I tend to agree with Stefan, "Any election victory for a Black face that is not shoved against Trump's backside is a good for our people."  

ProfD

Nah bro. AfroAmericans  can't run forever. We have unify,  stand and fight to make things right wherever we live.

Yes, we should unite and stand and fight....but they niggas in California HAVEN'T been doing it lately and I don't expect them to do it anytime soon.
So if they're not going to, rather than continue to be subjected to humiliation and ostracization by Latinos, Asians, and other groups more dominant there....it's best to pack up and leave and go whether we're they literally have a fighting chance.

While I disagree with AfroAmericans having to learn Spanish, I do believe they should not have to move when another group of people show up

We should have been learning Spanish anyway regardless of a Latino invasion.
But no, you shouldn't have to move...but niggaz in California have become so weak and complacent when it comes to dealing with Latinos and Asians....an individual brother or sister is MUCH BETTER OFF moving away than sitting in the fox den constantly harassed and fighting while most of the other few Black folks there ain't doing shit but smoking dope, going to jail, and offering themselves up as sacrificial dummies to these other groups.

Stefan

You have to choose your battles WISELY.

At less than 10% of the population state wide and probably under 10% of the population of Los Angeles itself at this point...it's a waste of time and energy for Black folks to put up any sort of political or social struggle.
It's much better for our people to leave and rebuild a stronger foundation elsewhere.

Troy

The elections themselves don't have to be rigged. Gerrymandering, the electoral college, and voting rules have created an environment in which our representatives do not represent the majority of people.

But when all of that fails...which it so often does...then White folks go back to old fashioned CHEATING or voter suppression in order to maintain rulership.

All of those laws and rules were pretty much set up as a game so White folks wouldn't have to get their hands too dirty and give the aire of fairness.  But if that no longer works, they will rip that mask of civility off in a heartbeat and go back to raw savage domination by any means.

On 11/13/2022 at 7:13 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Because like most elections in the United States today, I think it is/was rigged and I don't trust them.  I think it's a ruse and a trick to further confuse AfroAmericans and give our people....especially in California and elsewhere...a FALSE sense of power.

False sense of power! Well said! I am not speaking agains the Black elected woman, though, but in general I think what you said, @Pioneer1is very interesting.

On 11/13/2022 at 2:05 PM, ProfD said:

We should hope that a Mayor Bass could implement policies to help and inspire disenfranchised AfroAmerican Los Angelinos to do better for themselves.😎

Yes, I hope that her presence will help AfroAmericans be better represented there! 

However, I am a little pessimistic. 

You know, like Obama being President gave a lot of racists cover to practice their dirt all while claiming this nation can't be racist because there's a "Black guy" in office.

Absolutely. I believe that angle will be used against us, though no matter who is elected, but yes, racism did become worse when Obama was elected. What a paradox.

On 11/15/2022 at 7:06 AM, Stefan said:

Too many of us would rather whine. 

The signs of oppression. But no, I don't believe that AfroAmericans give up easily, however, our unwillingness to force change is due to so much oppression and despair. 

On 11/15/2022 at 10:04 PM, ProfD said:

Almost 100 years ago, Hitler said that AfroAmericans would be 3rd class citizens in America. That was before massive immigration.😎

I could care less was a racist like that man could predict. The fact that AfroAmericans have been so marginalized has been predicted long before him. And furthermore, any analyst could have seen that coming due to how the modern world was able to form with the aid of technology and cannons and gun power. 

However, change is inevitable. 

I believe that people of African descent need to take in accountability of our past mistakes and look forward to improvement and opportunity. We should not be entertaining racist ideology about our present predicament so much so, that we cannot see that other non-African people also are human and suffer too. The future is bleak for all humanity if we don't look for positive improvement. Keep hope alive. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ProfD said:

it's not about the racist who said it 100 or more years ago. More importantly, it's that the predicament of AfroAmericans remains relatively unchanged especially as white supremacy uses other groups of people in trying to keep us on the bottom. 😎

So true, @ProfD. There seems to always be some ploy used against us to keep us on the bottom, however, I still believe that things will change, but how this change will come about, I do not know. I wish I knew that answer. I agree that we need to unify, but I believe that type of unity will not happen until AfroAmericans are sifted somewhat to get rid of the extreme Black Hatred. 

4 hours ago, Chevdove said:

There seems to always be some ploy used against us to keep us on the bottom, however, I still believe that things will change, but how this change will come about, I do not know. I wish I knew that answer. I agree that we need to unify, but I believe that type of unity will not happen until AfroAmericans are sifted somewhat to get rid of the extreme Black Hatred. 

The change has to start with AfroAmericans...Black men specifically.  We already know the deck is stacked against us.  It does not makes sense for some of our very own people to do more harm than good. 

When Black men do a better job as fathers, brothers, mentors, warriors, etc., we can bring about the change we wish to see throughout the entire AfroAmerican community. 

This is a very tall order because there are bunch of wayward, emotional n8gglets running around out in these streets who don't care about their own lives or anybody else's.  We have to get them in check first.😎

• Like 1

Chev

False sense of power! Well said! I am not speaking agains the Black elected woman, though, but in general I think what you said, @Pioneer1is very interesting.

Yeah, I think it's a trick or some game they're playing.
At less than 6% of the population, there is no way Black folks have that much political power in Los Angeles to justify the attention they're getting.

Yes, I hope that her presence will help AfroAmericans be better represented there! 

I'm hoping most of the Black folks will just LEAVE Los Angeles and California all together.  Move down South or to the Midwest where there are more of us with already well established Black communities.

ProfD

This is a very tall order because there are bunch of wayward, emotional n8gglets running around out in these streets who don't care about their own lives or anybody else's.  We have to get them in check first.

I'm not sure how viable of an option checking them will be considering that at this point we don't have enough organize power in law enforcement and the judicial system to ALLOW us to handle the negative element in our communities.

Probably right now the best thing for AfroAmericans to do is SEPARATE themselves from the wayward negative element as best we can and form our own small communities of intelligent and righteous AfroAmericans.

If we can't lock them up and punish them, then we can atleast get away from them and keep them out of our circles.

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Probably right now the best thing for AfroAmericans to do is SEPARATE themselves from the wayward negative element as best we can and form our own small communities of intelligent and righteous AfroAmericans.

Separation and benign neglect would be the easiest way to deal with the wayward negative element.

However, since I don't give up too easily, I believe it would only take a few good men to corral the wayward.

There's always intelligent dudes with street credibility who knuckleheads respect. Just a matter of incentivizing them to wrangle up the rest. 

Not very different from what the Nation of Islam did. They cleaned up a bunch of wayward brothas and sistas and gave them a sense of belonging and purpose.😎

If we regulate and deal with many of these brothers and niggaz the way they NEED to be dealt with, I believe law enforcement would soon be involved.
For several reasons.....

One of which, THEIR money making enterprises would be threatened by the streets being cleaned up.

And I'm not talking about dirty cops on the take for dope, I'm talking about cops, judges, lawyers, etc....making BILLIONS of dollars from Black criminality and dysfunction and it's management.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2022 at 3:20 PM, ProfD said:

The change has to start with AfroAmericans...Black men specifically.  We already know the deck is stacked against us.  It does not makes sense for some of our very own people to do more harm than good. 

Yeah. So true. @ProfD

On 11/17/2022 at 4:24 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Yeah, I think it's a trick or some game they're playing.
At less than 6% of the population, there is no way Black folks have that much political power in Los Angeles to justify the attention they're getting.

Lol! WHEW! Somethin is wrong with that picture! @Pioneer1 I agree. 

BUT then on the flip side, maybe they are using that strategy in elections because of the history of Black people in how the CRM came about. 

On 11/17/2022 at 4:24 PM, Pioneer1 said:

If we can't lock them up and punish them, then we can atleast get away from them and keep them out of our circles.

THAT would be a tall order, seeing as how, that is another form of White infiltration, imo. This system has poisoned the minds of Black people and now, it would be difficult to seperate from negative elements within our cultures and within ourselves as well and adopt a positive mindset that would enhance our presence as a unique culture. 

Over the decades, imo, Black people have signed on to just about everything that used to be 'a white format'. 

I would love to hear some statements about positive aspects that has made us a unique people, you know, revisit some positivities. 

ProfD

The day n8gglets clean up and act right, the beneficiaries and stakeholders of white supremacy would lose their minds.  Jaywalking, littering and smiling would become criminal offenses for AfroAmericans.

And speaking of Jaywalking.
I knew California wasn't shit for Black folks when I almost got a ticket by a cop for "Jaywalking" down in San Diego!

I was on a residential street and happened to just walk across the street in the middle of the block like millions of people do all across America every day.  This cop stops me and tells me I need to cross at the cross walk at the intersection of the block instead of the middle.

WTF????

That's was my FIRST wake-up call to how racist and police heavy California was against AfroAmericans.

I HEARD of ther term "Jay walking" since being a kid, but never heard of anyone getting in trouble for it....UNTIL going to Cali.

Chev

THAT would be a tall order, seeing as how, that is another form of White infiltration, imo. This system has poisoned the minds of Black people and now, it would be difficult to separate from negative elements within our cultures and within ourselves as well and adopt a positive mindset that would enhance our presence as a unique culture. 

Over the decades, imo, Black people have signed on to just about everything that used to be 'a white format'. 

I would love to hear some statements about positive aspects that has made us a unique people, you know, revisit some positivities. 

That's why it's so important to not only establish but as ProfD often talks about CODIFY your culture!

When we CODIFY our culture, then no one can infiltrate it and change it or contaminate it with garbage and immorality to derail it or cause instability because we'd immediately spot the difference.

Just like many other cultures have the SAME marriage customs, SAME language, SAME diets, SAME dances, and SAME songs for centuries....so you won't modify or infiltrate them.

Black American culture changes every 10 or 15 years or so because it's not CODIFIED.

So people can introduce disrespect for elders, disrespect for parents, drug abuse, homosexuality, and a host of other dysfunctions into the culture since we don't have an actual CODE to prevent it from being accepted.

On top of it being easily influenced from the outside.....other people can easily STEAL aspects of our culture and claim it as their own because we didn't codify it and stamp it as authentically OURS.

We need to CODIFY our culture and protect it.

• Like 1

When I read this comment on the internet, from Michael Eric Dyson, I thought about ths comment. 

… Police killings of unarmed Black individuals like Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri and Laquan McDonald in Chicago, Illinois gained widespread media attention under the Obama administration, prompting calls for a thorough congressional inquiry and reform of discriminatory policing procedures. Dyson discussed police brutality during the 2016 administration and if it was more severe than it is now. “Obama sent the meter of white supremacy off the chart,” he shared.

“They wanted to get Barack, couldn’t get him. Who can you get? Vulnerable Black people,” Dyson stated. “We were his proxies. Can’t shoot him, shoot us. Can’t kill him, kill us.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/michael-eric-dyson-brittney-griner-s-sentencing-was-so-severe-because-she-s-queer-and-black/ar-AA14mXsN?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=78a0d70ec14548b398ff34d5d0eed7da

Now, I don't know if I follow his logic though. I think that racsim picked up, not because White racist hated Obama, but I wonder if he was used as 'the pawn' to attack African Americans. I wonder if 'they' put him in office to use him as a 'puppet king' so-to-speak.

Whether or not, Obama meant to do us good, didn't matter to the powers that be. They had other plans, imo. 

On 11/20/2022 at 8:04 AM, Pioneer1 said:

We need to CODIFY our culture and protect it.

True, but I'm pessimistic and feel that because we are mingled in with so many other cultures, no matter what, we won't be able to do much. 

Just like you say, they steal everything and claim it as their own innovations. 

10 hours ago, Chevdove said:

True, but I'm pessimistic and feel that because we are mingled in with so many other cultures, no matter what, we won't be able to do much. 

Because we are AfroAmericans, identifying, carving out and codifying our culture does not have to be a tall order. 

Codification begins with knowing our history here in America and the fact that we identify as Black as a tie that binds us together. 

It's true that AfroAmericans have comingled with other cultures.  Some of our people can be all over the place in that regard.😁

But, there's already quite a few things AfroAmericans identify with that are unique to us.  We need to built on it. 

The great that about this period in time and technology is that codification can happen very fast. 

Just a matter of 1) wanting to do it and 2) taking advantage of the resources available. 😎

• Thanks 1

I never had a problem with police whenever I was in California. And a lone incident may jar me, but never make me write off an entire state or group of people. 

While too many of us resort to blaming primarily Black men for the ills of Black Americans, this responsibility needs to be apportioned. Because it's incumbent upon all Black men, women and young people to recognize they have obligations and duties regarding the survival and safety of their people.

I have no idea why the folks behind Stacey Abrams are steadfastly blaming Black men for her gubernatorial defeat. You cannot run losing candidates a second time without making significant changes to their elective appeal. And none were made on Abrams' behalf.  Georgia Governor Brian Kemp was a proven incumbent commodity and basked in a positive approval rating this time around and simply beat her. 

Kemp led Abrams by five points through most of the campaign. Four years ago, after cheating extensively, Kemp eked out a 1.4% victory. 

Karen Bass was a NEW candidate. Well known as a Congresswoman, but a NEW challenger for the office of Los Angeles Mayor. This made many pay close attention to her words, her ideas and her promises.  Her opponent just had a lot of money, a couple of celebrity supporters and the old "I'm Still a White Guy" vibe. It didn't work for him.

Hopefully, that won't work for Trump this time either. 

• Like 1

Chev

Just like you say, they steal everything and claim it as their own innovations. 

That's where owning OUR OWN MEDIA comes into play.

It's easy for White folks to tell the world that THEY invented the Traffic Light, Hiphop, Jazz, Peanut Butter, etc....when THEY own the media and text books.

But if we stop jumping up and down and crying and demanding that White folks stop being racist and give us more credit in THEIR media and academic books....and just establish OUR OWN media outlets and academic text books, then we can tell the WORLD our story!

Then they can clearly see who invented what.

788 Black Man Smoking Weed Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images -  iStock

"Yeahhhh nigga....I need to call up my girl and get a ride to the mall sometime today.
I gotta get me a couple of new doo-rags for this Nike hook-up she bought me.
Yeahhhh......my girl be taking CARE of a nigga, fa sho'.....yeaaah"

But as long as Negroes remain lazy and indifferent and would rather lay on the couch and smoke blunts and text gossip with eachother than take control of their own destiny....the problem will persist.

ProfD

The great that about this period in time and technology is that codification can happen very fast. 

Just a matter of 1) wanting to do it and 2) taking advantage of the resources available.

WORD IS BOND

Also it's a matter of PRIORITIZING it!

Even if you want to codify our culture, if it's not a major priority and just a casual desire that you think about "from time to time" in between getting high and going to Taco Bell....it's not likely to be accomplished.

It reminds me of something Ice Cube said in his song "Us"

Ice Cube - Exclusive Interviews, Pictures & More | Entertainment Tonight

"Pretty soon Hiphop won't be so nice
No Ice Cube....just Vanilla Ice
(maaaan fuck this shit)
And you'll sit and scream and cuss
But there's no one to blame, but us"

Alliances and coalitions are the key. Obama did not win with Black votes alone. He built an incredible multi-ethnic, multi-religious and multi-cultural coalition.

One cannot start a communications company without capital. But you notice, some scream about this - but never offer a detailed blueprint of how to go about it. Those in the TV, radio and cable TV industries who have backing have tried this - and failed. 

However, this biggest impediment to Black people creating "our own" media remains demented and sellout Black people, who back stupid GOP candidates who continually push for regulations and laws that weaken or eliminate our ability to do this such as this. 

How to find them? All too easy.

Take a quick poll: Who on here backs the numbnut, Herschel Walker? And you'll have your answer.

On 11/22/2022 at 9:54 AM, ProfD said:

But, there's already quite a few things AfroAmericans identify with that are unique to us.  We need to built on it. 

Please give me an example here @ProfD

On 11/22/2022 at 9:54 AM, ProfD said:

Just a matter of 1) wanting to do it and 2) taking advantage of the resources available. 😎

I'm all for it, but I am wondering now, what would be a good example in that other cultures won't do as they have done and assume our identity.

I really cannot think of anything that other cultures have not tried to steal from us and attempt to say it belonged to them, except maybe our 'hair'. 

I have even heard once that country music came about as a result of Black music. 

On 11/22/2022 at 8:53 PM, Stefan said:

And a lone incident may jar me, but never make me write off an entire state or group of people. 

True!

I would not agree with that at all. Why should Black people want to pick up and leave California due to the actions of other cultures?

@Pioneer1 Black people, meaning African-typed people have been in that country for a very long time, so why should they need to leave? They should stay and resist. I mean are they getting negativity any worse than other states?

On 11/24/2022 at 12:30 PM, Pioneer1 said:

That's where owning OUR OWN MEDIA comes into play.

Well, please forgive me if I am wrong about this, but i don't really keep up with everything going on today. However, 

doesn't Orpah Winfrey have her own media company or something?

And, what about Tyler Perry, does he not own something in Atlanta?

Is there nothing today, that AfroAmericans own that would be a tool to use to help define our culture in a positive way?

On 11/24/2022 at 5:08 PM, Stefan said:

Alliances and coalitions are the key. Obama did not win with Black votes alone. He built an incredible multi-ethnic, multi-religious and multi-cultural coalition.

Yes, I absolutely agree. 

Chev

I have even heard once that country music came about as a result of Black music.

It did.
What we call "Blue Grass" is probably authentically White music from the Hillbillies of places like Tennessee and Kentucky and those mountainous areas.
But what we call "Country music" today is a mixture of that and the R&B of Black singers and guitar players who used to perform at a lot of old southern "frolics".
White folks saw and heard it and started copying it and incorporating it into their subculture.

Evidence of this is how most Country music consists of singing about the "blues" and how much the singer loves and misses his woman or enjoys being with her.
That's not a "White man" thing...singing about women and sex.
They typically sing about violence, getting drunk, or some disaster in society...but not much about women and sexual relations.

The only time they do it is if they're trying to imitate BLACK MEN doing it.

Well, please forgive me if I am wrong about this, but i don't really keep up with everything going on today. However, 

Well, luckily you're NOT wrong....because if you were I WASN'T going to forgive you, lol.

But yeah, Oprah does have her own channel and atleast one magazine that I know about.

It's a start, but not nearly enough because her media publications aren't nearly as mainstream as they should be.

Her magazine "O" get's more publicity than her channel, I see it often in supermarket stands.  But she doesn't really dive deep into racial issues and expose the hidden agendas the way they need to be exposed.  Her magazine seems to carter more to White women and a small group of Black women than the larger Black community as a whole.

Tyler Perry has a movie studio in the ATL.

It's also my understanding that Byron Allen owns The Weather Channel.
Not sure how much information relevant to the Black community he can disseminate on THAT, lol.

We need to own a major network the size of NBC or CNN.
And it should be BROADCAST...not accessible only by cable, satellite or the internet.
We need a Black owned and managed television and radio channel that you can access worldwide simply by plugging in the television and flipping the channel to get OUR truth.

Stefan

Alliances can't be formed between a DEPENDENT and INDEPENDENT people.
One will end up taking advantage of the other.

Latinos in the U.S. are more INDEPENDENT than our people so trying to form an alliance with them will lead to our causes and agendas being put on the back burner, even if on the stove at all.

This is REALLY gonna ring your bell but.....
If Black Conservatives and Sell Outs really wanted to do something and cozy up to White folks, they should spend their time trying to convince them to push the Latinos out of power, increase deportations, and give their "loyal negroes" here in the U.S. their number 2 spot again.

Okay, time to wash the Dishes. - Funny

"Say WHAT?????"

Yes...
Despite all of the wishful thinking, White folks are still in control of the U.S. right now and Latinos know it and are trying desperately to take it and don't mind being second fiddle as long as they're over Black folks.
We should atleast not let THAT happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything in LA depends on how Bass uses her position to help the working and poorest people regardless of race or ethnicity. It's not all about Liberal, Conservative, Democrat, or Republican. Ultimately it doesn't matter if you have rich black people or blacks wielding political power if that power is not used to improve the material wellbeing of the least among us. Racial inequality that undermines us as a people is compounded by this current predator Capitalism that hurts all working people. Black Capitalism and self-help are fine. Electing blacks to public office is fine too. But all this is meaningless if we don't see concrete material change for the black masses.  We need activists, thinkers, elected officials. and businesspeople who recognize this if we are going to rise collectively. Is former Congresswoman Karen Bass this kind of leader?  We can only hope.

On 11/27/2022 at 9:33 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Chev

It did.
What we call "Blue Grass" is probably authentically White music from the Hillbillies of places like Tennessee and Kentucky and those mountainous areas.
But what we call "Country music" today is a mixture of that and the R&B of Black singers and guitar players who used to perform at a lot of old southern "frolics".
White folks saw and heard it and started copying it and incorporating it into their subculture.

Evidence of this is how most Country music consists of singing about the "blues" and how much the singer loves and misses his woman or enjoys being with her.
That's not a "White man" thing...singing about women and sex.
They typically sing about violence, getting drunk, or some disaster in society...but not much about women and sexual relations.

The only time they do it is if they're trying to imitate BLACK MEN doing it.

Well, luckily you're NOT wrong....because if you were I WASN'T going to forgive you, lol.

But yeah, Oprah does have her own channel and atleast one magazine that I know about.

It's a start, but not nearly enough because her media publications aren't nearly as mainstream as they should be.

Her magazine "O" get's more publicity than her channel, I see it often in supermarket stands.  But she doesn't really dive deep into racial issues and expose the hidden agendas the way they need to be exposed.  Her magazine seems to carter more to White women and a small group of Black women than the larger Black community as a whole.

Tyler Perry has a movie studio in the ATL.

It's also my understanding that Byron Allen owns The Weather Channel.
Not sure how much information relevant to the Black community he can disseminate on THAT, lol.

We need to own a major network the size of NBC or CNN.
And it should be BROADCAST...not accessible only by cable, satellite or the internet.
We need a Black owned and managed television and radio channel that you can access worldwide simply by plugging in the television and flipping the channel to get OUR truth.

Stefan

Alliances can't be formed between a DEPENDENT and INDEPENDENT people.
One will end up taking advantage of the other.

Latinos in the U.S. are more INDEPENDENT than our people so trying to form an alliance with them will lead to our causes and agendas being put on the back burner, even if on the stove at all.

This is REALLY gonna ring your bell but.....
If Black Conservatives and Sell Outs really wanted to do something and cozy up to White folks, they should spend their time trying to convince them to push the Latinos out of power, increase deportations, and give their "loyal negroes" here in the U.S. their number 2 spot again.

Okay, time to wash the Dishes. - Funny

"Say WHAT?????"

Yes...
Despite all of the wishful thinking, White folks are still in control of the U.S. right now and Latinos know it and are trying desperately to take it and don't mind being second fiddle as long as they're over Black folks.
We should atleast not let THAT happen.

Latinos are a large and diverse group that includes blacks, whites, indigenous, and multiracial peoples. But I'm not interested in working with white folks to hurt nobody. Yeah, some Latinos are white racists who don't give a damn about blacks. However non-Hispanic White male racists with money are still the power elite so I'll work with the most enlightened and forward-thinking Latinos and Asians any day to fight for positive social and economic change. And by the way there are plenty of well off and powerful black people who only care about themselves and other people like them. Don't be fooled. Not everyone different from you is the enemy, and not everyone like you is a friend.

7 hours ago, KENNETH said:

And by the way there are plenty of well off and powerful black people who only care about themselves and other people like them. Don't be fooled. Not everyone different from you is the enemy, and not everyone like you is a friend.

True.
And those type of Black folks are often successful because they woke up and realized what time it was.

I realize that not all skin folks are kin folks, however you don't have nearly the number of allies and comrades you THINK you have in other races even if we "say" we're all fighting for the same cause.
They may claim to want to link up with you to fight economic and social injustice, but even in the meeting rooms where the plans are being laid out with them.....THEY want to be in charge and call the shots on how it's done.

Let me say that again.......lol.

Here we call ourselves linking up with Latinos or Asians in a meeting to combat White racism, and slowly but surely THEY try to dominate the meeting, bring more of their people in, become the head of it....and even cater it with THEIR ethnic foods and ignore Soul Food...lol.

I'd rather Black folks rule this nation, but as long as White folks DO rule it.....we should ATLEAST strive for 2nd place or the number 2 spot.
Right now in many parts of this nation Black folks are in the 3rd and 4th position on the social ladder or in many cases NO position at all !