Do Well Educated Professionals Have To Be Non-Human??? (pondering)

Sometimes I'm glad I didn't go to college because I'm not sure I could tolerate the extremely strict rules this society has set for so-called professional at a corporate and national level.

When I look at those in the media and national spotlight whether they are professionals in entertainment, politics,  religion, etc.....it seems you have to be near PERFECT in your thinking, looks, performance, social relationships, and have a near spotless record going back to Kindergarten .

Barack Obama | Biography, Parents, Education, Presidency, Books, & Facts |  Britannica

"Mr Perfect"  ?????

When you look at the news, it's full of entertainers and politicians who were otherwise smart and attractive but made ONE mistake or said the wrong thing and now they are being ran through the wringer and asked to resign and in many cases even prosecuted.

-A Principal who served a school for over 30 years, told one off-color joke, and is now forced to resign in disgrace.

-A Mayor who has all types of degrees from Harvard and other institutions who served his city will but was caught mis-appropriating several hundred thousand dollars and is now being forced to resign and possibly prosecuted.

-Not to mention a famous scholar or actor who has a bad cold or flu and ends up sneezing during an interview with snot flying all over or they happen to have a bad stomach and bust out a fart....lol....seriously....now THEIR career is ruined.

Damn.

Does it even PAY to do all of that hard work only to end up in some abyss, abandoned, and ostracized because of one fuck up?

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Does it even PAY to do all of that hard work only to end up in some abyss, abandoned, and ostracized because of one fuck up?

The short answer is yes.

The *hard* work of getting an education helps with navigating the system of racism white supremacy.

A handful of folks who f8ck up may be thrown to the wolves. But, as long as someone is making money from their labor more folks are able to *succeed* relatively speaking. 😎

• Like 2

Well.....
Take that dude Andrew Gillum who was going to be Governor of Florida a few years ago.
He had a pretty stellar career but after he "loss" the election (which I think he was cheated out of but he refused to fight for it) some months later he ends up being found passed out and naked on a yacht with some gay White man grinning next to him taking a picture.
He was politically ruined.

I'm not sure the entire truth behind the incident.
I think the brother was set up, but perhaps he WAS on the downlow and got caught slipping.
I'm not sure one way or the other.
But I don't think all of that education, hard work, and years of building his brand should have been flushed down the toilet because of that one incident.

@Pioneer1, brotha Andrew Gillum did that to himself. No one else to blame.

Gillum couldn't keep his bisexuality under wraps until his political aspirations were fully realized. 

Senator Lindsay Ms. Thing Graham and Senator Cory Brokeback Booker and Secretary of Transportation Pete Booty Juice are card carrying members of the alphabet soup community. Only Lil Pete is out in the open with it. 🤣

*If* Andrew Gillum  wasn't pretending to be a heterosexual man with a whole wife, they might have been more forgiving when it came to his indiscretions.

No doubt a Black man has to walk on water in order to be successful. But, we should already know it. 

POTUS Obama knew it. They couldn't pin a Gold Star on that dude.  He was so squeaky clean.😎

ProfD

You have a point there.
However I still think Adrew's biggest mistake was not fighting for that Governor's seat.
If he had exposed the voter suppression and fraud going on in the state of Florida and demanded a just and fair election he probably would have gotten in the seat and that scandal wouldn't have happened.

That incident was a set up designed to seal his coffin politically.

52 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

However I still think Adrew's biggest mistake was not fighting for that Governor's seat.

Yep. He probably should have done more to fight for Florida governorship.

OTOH, if Gillum's closet had one too many dudes in it, they would have pulled that hoe, er, trump card.

Back then, image and character were on the ballot too.

Not so much nowadays with mumble-mouth Herschel Walker in a tight senate race despite his indiscretions. 😎

Perhaps the Democrats or atleast the Progressives (actual and so-called) should become as politically ruthless as the Right-wing and just IGNORE Andrew's discretions.
Perhaps they should have done the same thing to Anthony Weiner who was ran out of office for showing dick-pics.

What was really disappointed about was how the media destroyed John Edwards some years back and I thought he would have been a pretty good President.  I met his wife at an event.....kind woman those few moments I met her.

You'd think people who criticize Conservatives for being sexually uptight and old fashioned would be the LAST people to condemn others for their sexual behavior.

I know the man was married and supposed to be straight but....why would any Democrat be "disgraced" after being discovered as a bi-sexual with his lover???
Kind of defeats the purpose of one of the main focuses of their platform....which is sexual freedom.

At any rate, perhaps Democrats should just say "fuck it" and go ahead and support their guy ANY WAY regardless of any dirt dug up on them.

Democrats would have done more to help Gillum if they really wanted him in the seat. They know how to spin stories and sweep dirt under the rug. 

I don't know what political aspirations the current Secretary of Transportation (SoT) has but if he decides to make another run for POTUS...the Democrats will embrace the fact that he's a member of the alphabet soup community and make it a non-issue.

Interestingly, the media talks to the SoT more than any other Biden cabinet member with the exception of the Secretary of State. VP doesn't get too much media airtime.😎

ProfD

Not sure about the Secretary of Transportation but one member of the LGBT community I WOULD love seeing more of is Biden's Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre.

Karine Jean-Pierre has got to go - Washington Times

Karine Jean-Pierre Named First Black White House Press Secretary

That's a CUTE ass little chocolate cup cake.
Her face is so cute and happy she needs to be on a box of cookies or cereal or something.

She's the type of lesbian who would have made me spend a LOT of time back in the day pursuing her trying to "change" her to straight.....lol.

18 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

I WOULD love seeing more of is Biden's Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre.

That's a CUTE ass little chocolate cup cake.

I was glad when she got the job. She's excellent in it too. Dealing with the press and spinning some of the BS narratives coming from the White House is not as easy as she makes it look and sound. 😎