Why Would A Religion From God Need To Evolve?

Why would a religion that comes from God need to "evolve"?
God is perfect, so it would seem to me any religion given to us by God would be perfect also.

You don't "evolve" from perfect.

You can CHANGE from perfect.
You can DEVIATE from perfect.
But you don't EVOLVE from perfect.

MAN'S religions evolve..........

• Like 1

Just to be clear, I don't believe God authored any of these religions. They're all man-made. 

But, looking at the imperfections in God's handiwork, I don't believe it was by accident or a mistake.

Otherwise, the world would be perfect. Apparently, that wasn’t the end goal according to the Supreme Being. It's the beauty of the creations. 

So, human beings were left to make up religions and space travel and other sh8t to figure out why they exist and keep themselves occupied and entertained.😎

ProfD

I too believe they are man-made.
Most of them at least.
I don't want to say all because it's too sweeping and I haven't studied enough of them Indepth to come to that broad conclusion but I'll concur that the organized religions I HAVE studied certainly appear to be man-made.

The more I study nature the less I believe there ARE any true "imperfections" in it.
If it's NATURE....and man hasn't been tampering with it.

Perhaps what we call an "imperfection" in nature is actually MEANT to be there as a sort of "balance" in the eco-system.

I also believe that the concept of trying to figure out why you exist is most likely a Caucasian concept.
You didn't hear of the ancient Black or Brown folks questioning the meaning of life and existence.
They KNEW why they were here....to fulfill a destiny, purpose.
Or perhaps they were sent down here from their Higher Selves to experience Earth.

Just because White folks "may" be confused as to their purpose on the planet, we need not be....lol

Sure. We don't want to make sweeping generalization about the origin or authenticity of a religion.

But. I do find it interesting that some religions share similarities with different character names. 😁

Otherwise, nature is filled with examples of what a human being might perceive as an imperfection but was by design from the Supreme Being. 

Still, no other creature on the planet questions their existence and/or sits around making up religions and thinking about the purpose and meaning of their lives.🤣😎

8 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Why would a religion that comes from God need to "evolve"?

We are Temporal Beings physically - temporary/transitory....God is Timeless - Eternal

Man is a becoming "Being". We are Evolving in our understanding of God

God is perfect, so it would seem to me any religion given to us by God would be perfect also.

Yes God is conceived as Perfect....That Perfection is not our Idea of what Perfection is - but God's.

How do you know that Evolution is not Part of God's Idea of Perfection?...we are searching God Out 

In other Words our understanding of God is evolving.

You don't "evolve" from perfect.

God is perfection our interpretation of God is Imperfect

You can CHANGE from perfect.
You can DEVIATE from perfect.

True.

But you don't EVOLVE from perfect.

Perfection in some sense means Completion...We are not complete.

MAN'S religions evolve..........

True

• Thanks 1

Frankster

We are Temporal Beings physically - temporary/transitory....God is Timeless - Eternal

Man is a becoming "Being". We are Evolving in our understanding of God

Our PHYSICAL BODIES are temporary.
Our SOULS are eternal.

I agree that we are evolving in our understanding of God, though.

How do you know that Evolution is not Part of God's Idea of Perfection?

I don't.
It could be.

God is perfection our interpretation of God is Imperfect

Absolutely

Perfection in some sense means Completion...We are not complete.

I agree.
However like I said, we are eternal.
So we have forever to eventually get it "right"! 

• 1 year later...

Your question raises an interesting point about the nature of religion and its evolution over time. It's true that God is often seen as perfect, and one might wonder why a religion from God would need to evolve.In the realm of spirituality, the concept of evolution can be viewed as a way for humanity to better understand and interpret divine teachings. As our understanding of the world and society changes, religious interpretations may evolve to address new challenges and perspectives.For those interested in exploring this topic further or seeking spiritual insights, https://whenyouneedgod.com/ offers valuable resources and discussions on various aspects of faith and spirituality.

Steinsman

In the realm of spirituality, the concept of evolution can be viewed as a way for humanity to better understand and interpret divine teachings.

Why would they NEED to be interpreted if they are supposedly "divine" and coming from a Higher source than humanity?

Think about it.......

The Divine Realm is waaaaay Smarter and unimaginably Wiser than humanity.
Certainly any message coming from It would be designed to meet it's targeted audience with maximum effect without a need for a human interpreter or translator.
....that is.....if it's REALLY from The Divine.

But if it comes from the imagination of other human beings who merely CLAIM divinity.....I can see the need for it to be constantly twisted and re-interpreted over and over again because many of the plans and ideas of human beings are limited and poorly thought out.

As our understanding of the world and society changes, religious interpretations may evolve to address new challenges and perspectives.

Which is CLEAR evidence for me...that it probably wasn't of Divine origins in the first place.

Math....in my opinion...is of Divine origin.

2+2=4

Always has....always will.

Needs no interpretation or special translation or "evolution" to fit the times.

For those interested in exploring this topic further or seeking spiritual insights, https://whenyouneedgod.com/ offers valuable resources and discussions on various aspects of faith and spirituality.

Thanks for the link.
However outside of sitting around discussing different opinions and ideas...how is what's going on OVER THERE any different than what we're doing RIGHT HERE?

6 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Math....in my opinion...is of Divine origin.

2+2=4

Always has....always will.

Needs no interpretation or special translation or "evolution" to fit the times.

Man came up with a number system and  everything that follows it.

If it was divine, we shouldn't have to be taught how to count. The same way we know how to breathe, eat, sleep, drink and relieve ourselves.😁

Right before children start school, hopefully, someone teaches them how to count to ten. School takes over in teaching arithmetic.

We aren't born knowing 2+2=4. It's a construct we have been taught to accept.

Someone could have started at any number and built up from it. Imagine if 18 was the base.🤣

In advanced mathematics, we assign values to letters and come up with formulas to deal with vast quantities and huge numbers

Look at currency. $1 USD could be the equivalent of 10,000 titiwans (made up foreign currency).

Before folks could count they would trade goods and services by some other measure of equivalence i.e. weight.

Even nowadays, folks will use their eyes to approximate a measurement or value.

IMO, the number system and mathematics as created by man has become universally accepted.

I don't belive math divine.It's convenient for solving certain problems more efficiently.🤣😎

ProfD

Well first things first.....
You're a professed atheist, so you don't believe ANYTHING is Divine because you don't believe in divinity....lol.

So it would be pointless to even try to convince you that Math or anything else is Divine or OF the Divine until first convincing you that Divinity EVEN EXISTS, right?

50 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

You're a professed atheist...

I'm the resident agnostic.

There's a difference between us and them (atheists).🤣

50 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

So it would be pointless to even try to convince you that Math or anything else is Divine or OF the Divine until first convincing you that Divinity EVEN EXISTS, right?

Otherwise, you're right. No need trying to convince me of anything Divine.😁

That's why I usually mind my business when it comes to these discussions.  The origin of Math stirred up my keyboard.🤣

Back to the regularly scheduled program.😁😎

ProfD

I'm the resident agnostic.
There's a difference between us and them (atheists)

My bad...lol.
You don't absolutely disbelieve but QUESTION the existence of Divinity or the Divine Realm.

That's why I usually mind my business when it comes to these discussions.  The origin of Math stirred up my keyboard.🤣

Just because something is USED by humans and LEARNED by humans, doesn't mean it ORIGINATED with humans.

We use and learn about gravity, oxygen, and astronomy also....but that doesn't mean they came FROM humans.
We didn't create or invent any of them.

41 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Just because something is USED by humans and LEARNED by humans, doesn't mean it ORIGINATED with humans.

We use and learn about gravity, oxygen, and astronomy also....but that doesn't mean they came FROM humans.
We didn't create or invent any of them.

That's right.

We didn't create this planet or the solar system. 

We definitely made up numbers though. 🤣😎

12 hours ago, ProfD said:

That's right.

We didn't create this planet or the solar system. 

We definitely made up numbers though. 🤣😎

Can you say humans DEFINITELY did it?

Maybe as an agnostic.
However if you believed in Divinity, then one could entertain that even numbers or the concept came through Divine Inspiration.

Every normal human being was born with 10 fingers and 10 toes.
We were clearly designed that way and that design was intentional with the NUMBER 10.

When you study atoms, each atom of a particular molecule has a certain amount of electrons, protons, and neutrons.
A fixed NUMBER regardless as to what that number is called in different languages.

Maybe as an agnostic.

However if you believed in Divinity, then one could entertain that even numbers or the concept came through Divine Inspiration.

Right. Instead of  believing in the unknown, I can say I don't know and stand on it. No argument.  No confusion.

Every normal human being was born with 10 fingers and 10 toes.

We were clearly designed that way and that design was intentional with the NUMBER 10.

It's easy to quantify what we can see based on what we've been taught.

But, ask someone how many hair follicles they have on their head and wait for the answer.🤣 

When you study atoms, each atom of a particular molecule has a certain amount of electrons, protons, and neutrons.

Human beings have been around for tens of thousands years. 

Yet, the atom was "discovered" about 3 thousand years ago.  But, it took It another 2,200 years to define it.

Take a long time for us to know anything.  The atom example is just a microcosm (no pun intended) of how slowly humans evolve in their knowledge. We still cannot survive outside the planet or get too far away from it.

Seems the divine is being stingy. Could've given us full use of our brain and the ability to fly and everything. 🤣😎

ProfD

Right. Instead of  believing in the unknown, I can say I don't know and stand on it. No argument.  No confusion.

If MOST people were wise enough to take that position on subjects they don't know...I'd say 90% of the wars and conflicts in this world PERIOD would be averted.

It's easy to quantify what we can see based on what we've been taught.

Well, hopefully a child doesn't have to be "taught" that they have 10 digits on their hands..lol.

The exception MAY be those kids who used to sit in the corner rocking back and forth between sessions of eating Elmer's paste.

086148811fdb0839a3b424942bdabc49.jpg

Human beings have been around for tens of thousands years. 

Atleast

Yet, the atom was "discovered" about 3 thousand years ago.  But, it took It another 2,200 years to define it.

I'm beginning to realize there are fine lines between "discovered" "UNCOVERED" and "DISCLOSED".

😏 -As much as I would like to offer you some push-back on the point you just made, it wouldn't be based on KNOWLEDGE but BELIEF and SPECULATION.

Which would probably be a waste of YOUR time and probably mine too if I was trying to convince you....lol...so I'll leave it alone.

Seems the divine is being stingy. Could've given us full use of our brain and the ability to fly and everything. 

Couple of quick points....

1. Who says we DON'T have the full use of our brain already, and just don't realize we ARE using it?

2. Humans ARE flying and have been for over 100 years now.
Just not in the way many humans had imagined it would take place.

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

If MOST people were wise enough to take that position on subjects they don't know...I'd say 90% of the wars and conflicts in this world PERIOD would be averted.

Greed, jealousy, envy and hate lead to most conflicts.

Well, hopefully a child doesn't have to be "taught" that they have 10 digits on their hands..lol.

We call it 10 digits based our number system. 

I'm beginning to realize there are fine lines between "discovered" "UNCOVERED" and "DISCLOSED".

Yep. Peep who seems to make all of the discoveries.

1. Who says we DON'T have the full use of our brain already, and just don't realize we ARE using it?

See your comment about Elmer's glue and a bunch of other dumb sh8t humans do.🤣

2. Humans ARE flying and have been for over 100 years now.
Just not in the way many humans had imagined it would take place.

True that. But, some folks would rather have their own wings.🤣😎

ProfD

Greed, jealousy, envy and hate lead to most conflicts.

You know, as I get older I get wiser and have more insight to what causes certain reactions and effects.

Based on my observations, I would have to say Greed and Jealousy causes more SUCCESS than conflict.

Hate and MISUNDERSTANDINGS/CONFUSION causes most conflict.

Infact, misunderstandings/confusion seems to cause more conflict than hate itself.

Most people who truly hate eachother just stay the hell away from eachother...lol.

Like Mr.Fuller says, no contact NO CONFLICT.

Yep. Peep who seems to make all of the discoveries.

Lol...the one smart enough to actually RECORD them when they came across them.

Remember Mr.Fuller's frequent example "Brian"?

While Black folks are out partying and snapping their fingers, or arguing over the Bible...some White man named Brian would be at the microscope studying a grain of sand he found in the ocean.

They'd ask him, 
"Hey Brian..why are you studying that grain of sand???"

Brian would answer them, 
"Because it's there.  And if it's there, there must be a purpose for it!"

A lot of our people treat their discoveries like their dances.
They'll invent it and then get bored with it and move on to the next one without giving it so much as a second thought.

Meanwhile some goofy ass White man with his hair parted straight down the middle and a handle-bar mustache will come right behind them and steal the idea and make a name for himself with it.

True that. But, some folks would rather have their own wings.

Well, with all of the people who fall and injure themselves simply walking or running....imagine the amount of injuries that would accumulate if you add FLYING to the equation?

Just think about the amount of electrocutions you'd get each year from people flying into power lines?

Not to mention what would happen if you were caught flying around during a RAIN STORM...lol.