Do you think every black elected official to a black municipal district needs to be like Shelby?

Richard Shelby is a white elected official but I think his style is missing with black elected officials to black municipal districts, so not people like eric adams or former president barack obama but the city council/state assembly/house of representative members in the usa who are black and cover municipalities with over 90% black population. 

The question is simple, if you are in a black district <over80% black populace> shouldn't your black elected representative look to provide as much money as possible to the district you live in? Agree or disagree, please state your why? 

read the full article

https://aalbc.com/tc/profile/6477-richardmurray/?status=2187&type=status

• Thanks 1

Senator Richard Shelby has done for Alabama what elected officials are supposed to do for their home state.  I'm in agreement there. 

Most of the billions of dollars have gone into state infrastructure projects, ports, harbors, railways and educational facilities.

I cannot help but to wonder how many job opportunities were provided to AfroAmericans in the state of Alabama where 1 in 5 people lives in poverty.

Sen. Shelby has been in DC for well over 4 decades.  He learned how to pork barrel early on and he's one of the few who still does it.  Helps that he sits on the appropriations committee. 

Otherwise, most congresspeople are working for party-wide interests moreso than their constituencies. But, the American people (voters) need to do a better job of understanding 1) for whom they are voting and 2) what they plan to do and 3) how Washington DC works. 😎

@ProfD why couldn't you provide your views on black elected officials to black districts? I don't want to know your answers to the questions i posed, but I want to know why you couldn't give it? 

for 2023 I am going to be more focused on black talk and I am going to heckle if i have to people on here when they evade talking about black folk. In my prose I spoke of shelby but the submit matter is clear that I posed. I do find it disturbing how many black people throughout the internet seem troubled to talk about black affairs. 

The question is simple, if you are in a black district <over80% black populace> shouldn't your black elected representative look to provide as much money as possible to the district you live in? Agree or disagree, please state your why? 

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE.

That's what every elected representative should be doing for their district anyway, regardless of race.

You weren't elected by your district and it's constituents to look out for "everybody" and serve "everybody's" best interests.
You were elected and put in office by THEM and your loyalty should be to THEM.
I'd personally go as far as to say your loyalty should go PRIMARILY to those who supported your campaign and put you in office, not just anybody in your district.

We can blame White folks for being racist and their behavior, but we can't keep blaming White folks for our stupid and foolish behavior.
It's common sense that we support ourselves and grab as much wealth and power as we can when we get in office.
That's the way the world ACTUALLY works, whether most people admit to it or not.

I would find every legal way possible to grant money and other benefits to those in my district who voted for and supported me and my election.....straight up.
I don't give a damn HOW that sounds.....I support those who support me!

@richardmurray,  I answered the question as presented in the 1st paragraph of my initial response.

Again, I'm in agreement that elected officials including Black folks have a responsibility to get as much as they poasibly can to support their districts. 

This is not the 1st time you've had a problem with my response and/or it didn’t meet your criteria. We're not in class.😎 

@ProfD your right, it isn't. And I don't know you personally. I don't have a criteria for anyone's answers, but I always dislike black people in the usa referring to the "american people" when I have a question specifically about black people in the usa . whether offline or online, whether historical as frederick douglass or modernly like yourself. i always react negatively. And to your point, we're not in class, and I am not trying to change you but I will also be myself, thus this reaction will happen again and again in the future. no problem.

I just cannot believe there are more than a few idiot posters in these forums who refuse to support Black elected officials.

richardmurray one thing you are not is a writer. Sometimes, you sound clueless.

Richard Shelby is the senior U.S. Senator from the State of Alabama. He cannot be compared with Barack Obama who was President of the United States. There is little comparable about the two except both are American. Their spheres of respect and power were on vastly different levels. Their job duties were different. Shelby represents a southern U.S. state while Obama had stewardship over the entire country.

You seem to have it in for Black elected officials. I guess that's why you private messaged me a few times trying to get me to author a blog supporting subway terrorist Frank James. Because in your mind, you thought James trying to kill innocent subway riders would make New York's second Black Mayor, Eric Adams, look bad. Or constitute a blow against growing homelessness. I cannot believe you are this stupid. And don't try to deny you asked me to write that blog for you.

Black elected officials are often limited in what they can ask for. And here is why. What is their leverage? If a state, a city or a county rejects their ideas, pleas or demands, what then? What pressure can a Black elected official bring to bear? Not much. They cannot threaten to withhold their constituents' votes because that may cost them their own post.

In Obama's case, this was different. 

Obama could have and often did use his "Bully Pulpit." That's when a POTUS speaks out forcefully, making the entire world listen. Not all in government will want to do what a POTUS wants them to do.  But the fact most of the world's news media will focus on him at that moment cannot be dismissed. Think all the world's news media is going to queue up to listen to Sen. Shelby?

The problem with you, RichardMurray, is that you do not understand how the U.S. political system works. But you're always ready to say some dumb chit, such as a Black political party should have been established in the U.S. in 1865. This was at a time when few Blacks could vote. You even coined a bizarre name for this. You called it a Black Party of Governance. 

Do you even think about the stuff you attempt to foist on people?  

There will always be disparate levels of power in the U.S. with Whites invariably at the top. Get that through your friggin' head.

Just because there are two Black U.S. Senators, Tim Scott of South Carolina and Raphael Warnock of George, this does not mean they can do a lot for Black people in their respective states. Scott is a Republican. Warnock is a Dem. When is the last time a Republican U.S. Senator did something that benefited most Black people?

Dude, seriously. Go back and read up on the racial dynamic in U.S. politics. 

@Stefan many things I tolerate, but I despise liars

I quote you

You seem to have it in for Black elected officials. I guess that's why you private messaged me a few times trying to get me to author a blog supporting subway terrorist Frank James. Because in your mind, you thought James trying to kill innocent subway riders would make New York's second Black Mayor, Eric Adams, look bad. Or constitute a blow against growing homelessness. I cannot believe you are this stupid. And don't try to deny you asked me to write that blog for you.

I have never private messaged you , so please don't lie. You can judge me however you want, but don't lie about me please.