Shortage Of Black Men....or Really A Shortage Of Black WOMEN?

For decades now, in both the mainstream as well as Black media people have been claiming there's a shortage of Black men in America, especially with regards to relationships for women.

This so-called "shortage" has been blamed on everything from an increase in incarceration to an increase in homosexuality to an increase in homicides.

Whether this shortage of Black men compared to Black women truly exists or not I'm not sure, I don't work in the Census bureau nor am I a demographer.
However based on my personal OBSERVATIONS being in my mid 50s and having lived around this nation it seems to me that there is an ABUNDANCE of Black males!

Whether at work, at school, on the street, in the malls....in most places in the United States you can't go 5 minutes without seeing a group of Black men standing around with doo-rags on and sagging jeans, lol.

However the REAL shortage it seems is with Black women!

Back when I was in my 20s I noticed that there were rarely enough Black girls/women to go around for dudes to push up on and often ended a situation where 4 or 5 dudes were trying to get the same female. 
I noticed this at school where the ratio was a little more even.
Then I started noticing it on jobs.....fewer and fewer Black women to be found.
Every Black woman YOU were trying to talk to....2 or 3 other dudes trying to get up on her....lol.
Plenty of White women standing around smiling at you, but the Black women were elusive.

And it STILL seems to be that way when I look at a lot of the Black youth in the community.
I see just as many and in most cases MORE Black males than Black females.
The only difference now is that a far greater percentage of Black women who ARE around are either lesbian or have take up White partners!

Even in the immigrant community, I see far more Black  male immigrants coming over here than Black female immigrants.
And the Black female immigrants who DO come....usually come already hitched to a man.

Now add all of what I just said to the FACT that so many thousands (some say hundreds of thousands) of Black girls/women go missing in this nation every year....seemingly vanishing without a trace...and it seems that my observations are well grounded.

But alas....
Maybe it's just my perspective because as a man I'm LOOKING for more women than men, but it certainly seems that in the Black community (ADOS and non-ADOS alike) there are far more men than women.

I believe that perception depends on several factors. Where we choose to live, work and play has to be considered.

Age group is another factor.  For example, there's no shortage of older women available since they tend to out-live men.

Of course, physical appearance and other qualities tend to qualify or disqualify individuals from the available pool.

From what I can see, there's never been a shortage especially considering birthrates haven't gone down and kids are running around everywhere. 😁

Black men and women are finding each other by any means necessary. 😎

The term "shortage" is subjective....I realize.

A population that some see as healthy and non-problematic....others will see as a drastic decline.
Especially when comparing our population with other groups.

And most people....as long as they have a spouse/significant other.....generally are oblivious to any "shortages" occurring in the community UNTIL they're single again and have to go out looking....lol.

I have several lady friends (all Black btw....lol) to keep me entertained so I'm not thirsty by a long shot.
However I can't help but notice, something strange is and has been going on in Black male/female relationships for the past 30 years or so where so many of our people past 40 end up lonely and hungry for a mate but don't have one for one reason or another.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

However I can't help but notice, something strange is and has been going on in Black male/female relationships for the past 30 years or so where so many of our people past 40 end up lonely and hungry for a mate but don't have one for one reason or another.

Have a short conversation with those folks over 40 years old and you'll walk away knowing exacting why they're alone and/or thirsty. 🤣

Many folks *waste* their most productive years having fun and BSing. They use up their mental and physical capital in non-productive endeavors.

Both women and men wake up over 40 years old wanting settle down after accumulating a few Samsonite bags full of baggage. 

For some reason, despite the fact that I'm probably one of the least religious dudes on the planet, I meet a lot of religious women. Telling them I sit at the right hand of Satan doesn't scare them away. 🤣

Those religious women have turned their lives over to God after goofing off the best years of their lives.

Even as senior citizens with adult childen and grandkids and a couple failed marriages or widowed, these women have either 1) surrendered their bodies to God and 2) want to be married before getting into a physical relationship.

Some folks either haven't grown up or they are just batsh8t crazy. There's no shortage of men and women.  But, there's definitely a reason why they're alone.😎

ProfD

Have a short conversation with those folks over 40 years old and you'll walk away knowing exacting why they're alone and/or thirsty.

LMBAO 🤣

I have to laugh.....because there's so much truth in it!

I was up at the fish-n-shrimp shack in the ghetto the other day and ran into an older brother who started a conversation with me out of nowhere about how "these women be acting all crazy and shit" and how "stuck up" they were.
Every other sentence was about how cool he was being alone.....which told me he wasn't.

Actually, AS SOON AS he opened his mouth I realized one of the reasons  HE was alone.

Literally as soon as he OPENED his mouth.

image.png.7717d0207af4fa8262af3334646fa13d.png

"Man, deez bitches ain't shit.
All dey want is money, a nice car to ride they ass around in.
Fuck around and set yo ass up if you ain't careful."

His number was called, he got his food, and hobbled out the door still ranting and mumbling about women and I saw him WALKING down the street digging in the bag popping shrimp or something in his mouth still talking and wobbling his head like Dolemite.

Bro ProfD.....that's why I had to laugh.
It brought that image back.

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Actually, AS SOON AS he opened his mouth I realized one of the reasons  HE was alone.

D8mn. A real life Jack-O-Lantern.🤣

That n8gglets mouf could be the poster for why people are alone...missing furniture, marbles, money, etc. 🤣😎

• Haha 1

I does seem to me....perhaps because I'm not AS familiar with other communities as I am with my own....that there is a higher level of "aloneness" among AfroAmericans, especially at older age, compared with other groups.
Especially among women.

It seems like since I was a kid I've seen a lot more alone (I won't call them lonely) older Black women who didn't have a man in the house for one reason or another than White or Asian and definitely Latina women.
It's almost rare to see a Latina woman of ANY age, alone.

As the Professor pointed out, there's usually a REASON why older people are alone and you'll often find out after a short conversation with them...lol.

The baggage, the dysfunction, the bitterness....so many AfroAmericans end up.....as Kevin Samuels would say....."dying alone".

Not only is it embarrassing, but it's just downright not natural.
It's not natural for males and females to be bitter and angry at each other regardless of age or menopause.
Perhaps as a community we need to figure out ways to make ourselves more attractive to each other at all levels so as to 

19 hours ago, ProfD said:

For some reason, despite the fact that I'm probably one of the least religious dudes on the planet, I meet a lot of religious women. Telling them I sit at the right hand of Satan doesn't scare them away. 🤣

LOL! 

You're right @ProfDThat doesn't scare me away! 

Even if you say that you sit at the right hand of Satan, I think you are very smart, so I like to read you even if you are the Devil's spawn.  

On 12/31/2022 at 9:35 AM, Pioneer1 said:

However the REAL shortage it seems is with Black women!

I don't know @Pioneer1 but maybe the shortage isn't in a physical sense then.

Maybe it's that our minds are messed up by Americanization and therefore, Black relationships are hard to come by for this reason. 

If most of the Black men that you see in the malls, on the streets have been Americanized then, it doesn't matter if they have spent time in prison or not. 

The shorage of Black men, though, I believe is real in the sense of having a wholesome mind, body and soul. 

Many Blak men that I meet, show respect to Black women initially, but then after a while, they start speaking about the insecurities that have about us due to negativities that they have encountered and therefore, they put that insecurity on other Black women automatically even if they don't know them. I think BLack people have been hurt by our ancestors really bad. That's why I don't believe in ancestor worship at all. I would never want to worship my dead ancestors. Let them stay dead imo. 

Chev

Well the Ancestors are alive and well whether we worship, venerate, or even acknowledge them or not.
It's more real on the OTHER SIDE than on this side.
I'm not sure how much of an impact our honor and veneration and prayers have on them on the other side.

Personally, I don't worship my Ancestors....I honor them.
I praise them.
I call on them from time to time for help.
But I don't worship them.
I only worship The SUPREME BEING.

I think what European and Arab religions have taught us.....Christianity and Islam.
They teach you to venerate and honor Ancestors, but OTHER PEOPLE'S Ancestors instead of your own.

Muhammad had children and is an ancestor, he's just not the ancestor of most Black Muslims who choose to honor and venerate him.
Moses had children and is an ancestor, he's just not the ancestor of most Black Christians and others who honor and venerate him.
Some say Jesus had children and thus is an ancestor as well, just not the ancestor of most Black Christians who honor and venerate him.

Perhaps one of the plans of the Caucasian is to get you to stop honoring and venerating YOUR ancestors and start honoring and venerating THEIRS through religion.

As far as relationships go...........

Let's keep it real, a lot of Black people run around hurting and dogging eachother out because it's often EFFECTIVE in the people they're dealing with.
If they were nice and kind, they often wouldn't get that person they were chasing after.
But if they act hard, abusive, and cheated on them.....for whatever reason it made the other person find them more attractive.
They dysfunctional behavior becomes ingrained in come circles to the point that even a GOOD man/woman will turn "bad" in order to enjoy the comforts of having a mate and not being alone.

The real question is, how do we change this.

As I mentioned, there are several reasons people end up alone. But, here's one...

A solid relationship is built on friendship.

Friendship is built unconditionally. Think about folks considered closest friends. There were no conditions, expectations or ulterior motives. 

Most adults go into relationships with a bag full of conditions, ulterior motives and/or expectations. 

Really getting to know the other person and building a friendship is secondary to accomplishing the mission whether it is s8x or finances or marriage.

The real relationship killer is boredom.  Most people will not admit that beyond the surface,  they are boring as f8ck. Again, that's the importance of friendship.

When physical attraction and s8x and money fade away, there has to be something else to keep a relationship thriving and devoid of boredom. Friendship does it. 

As people get older and fill their Samsonite with BS, they're less fun to deal with and/or be around.

Put two people together with mismatched luggage. The trip will start out with good intentions.

Grab a bag popcorn and enjoy the show.😎

ProfD

Now that boredom part is really hitting close to home, because when I was younger many people....especially AfroAmericans....considered me boring because I didn't find the self-destructive silliness that a lot of our people engaged in fun or exciting.

I didn't mind being seen as boring UNLESS it was by a female I really found attractive.
Then I would get so frustrated I'd break pencils in my fist over how so many of our beautiful sisters just loved dysfunction and mayhem.

Now I see boring as GOOD.
Because boring is SAFE.

Boring keeps you alive.
Out of the hospital.
and out of jail....lol.

Check out the Negroes who are always out looking for some excite men and see where they usually end up.

I'm wondering if the media has a major role in the lack of FUNCTIONAL Black relationships....especially in old age.

You look on television or in the movies how often to you see two Black people....man and woman....actually loving and getting along with eachother in a sexual relationship?
It's been said that there are more Black people in interracial and homosexual relationships than straight Black relationships on television now, although I haven't really investigated this claim to see if it was true.

They got rid of The Cosby Show and Family Matters back in the 90s.
We been missed George Jefferson coming home calling for his wife after a long day at his business............

image.png.4dce4a1b03ca0ffb5d9f14d543b27f8b.png
"Better leave my Weezy alone!"

So you have an entire generation or two who grew up without even SEEING a positive Black couple in a relationship on television or anywhere else.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Moses had children and is an ancestor, he's just not the ancestor of most Black Christians and others who honor and venerate him.

The ancient scriptures clearly speaks against idolatry though. So people do what they want to do and suffer the consequences. 

That was the very reason why Moses was not allowed to cross over to the Promised land, because he did something that caused the people to see him as an idol, therefore, God told him he had to died in Sinai Peninsula and could not cross over. 

[16] And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do,

that I may have eternal life? [17] And he [Jesus] said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none

good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.  

ST MATTHEW 19:16-17.

IMO, the media has nothing to do with older folks being alone. It's the natural arc of life.

Ideally, human beings find a partner with whom they can grow old. Well, as Biggie said, somebody's gotta die. If it works out, they won't be too far apart.

Senior citizens who have invested in family and community should have enough folks around them to avoid loneliness especially if their spouse has passed away.

However, as offspring, family and friends have their own lives to live, there's a point at which older folks will be alone.

That's why it's important to invest in healthy relationships built on friendship. Getting old isn't all fun and games.😎

Problem is.....
Most of our people OVER 40 are either alone or in a highly dysfunctional relationship.
We're not talking about old or elderly people, we're talking about relatively young and middle aged people too!

They aren't alone because a spouse passed away on them.
They are alone because they KILLED their spouse....stabbed the nigga on Thanks Giving weekend over some text messages!
Or just bitter as hell and don't trust anyone and can't get along with anybody.

Senior citizens who have invested in family and community should have enough folks around them to avoid loneliness especially if their spouse has passed away.

Come on brutha, you know better than that....lol.

6 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Most of our people OVER 40 are either alone or in a highly dysfunctional relationship.

Or just bitter as hell and don't trust anyone and can't get along with anybody.

Come on brutha, you know better than that....lol.

We've already established there are several reasons for it.

The bottom line is that if folks don't build  solid relationships early in life they will either up alone and/or in a dysfunctional situation-ship. 🤣😎

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ProfD said:

We've already established there are several reasons for it.

The bottom line is that if folks don't build  solid relationships early in life they will either up alone and/or in a dysfunctional situation-ship. 🤣😎

You'll get no disagreements from me.
My question is WHY aren't most Black folks in the United States building solid relationships with eachother in their youth, like many other demographics?

It's kind of like......
We KNOW not eating right will often lead to sickness and poor health, but WHY aren't folks eating right?
We KNOW that joining a street gang will often lead to death or incarceration, but WHY do folks join street gangs?

In other words, I'm trying to get at the ROOT CAUSES of why so many of our people aren't in solid well functioning relationships to begin with.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

My question is WHY aren't most Black folks in the United States building solid relationships with eachother in their youth, like many other demographics?

In other words, I'm trying to get at the ROOT CAUSES of why so many of our people aren't in solid well functioning relationships to begin with.

The direct answer to your question is that a part of AfroAmerican culture should be encouraging and promoting healthy relationships which extend from family to community. 

There was a time when a man was forced to marry a woman he knocked up. Out-of-wedlock births weren't cool or normalized. 

The entire village had a hand in raising children and insuring the well-being of the community. It was a relationship.

The lack of solid relationships eventually leads to the breakdown of families and communities. It's the root cause of disunity. 😎

• Thanks 2

On 12/31/2022 at 9:35 AM, Pioneer1 said:

I don't work in the Census bureau nor am I a demographer.
However based on my personal OBSERVATIONS being in my mid 50s and having lived around this nation it seems to me that there is an ABUNDANCE of Black males!

not being a demographer and going solely on your observations should give you pause before drawing conclusions about society in general.  Our personal observation are generally a terrible proxy for the general population.

My experience differs from yours in that  black men generally have an advantage when it comes to black women. But again this just my experience and i would not say that it is true generally for a variety of reasons.

On 12/31/2022 at 2:24 PM, ProfD said:

There's no shortage of men and women.  But, there's definitely a reason why they're alone.

This is true in my opinion.

9 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I'm trying to get at the ROOT CAUSES of why so many of our people aren't in solid well functioning relationships to begin with.

oh that one is easy, because it is exceedingly difficult in todays world. 

Troy

My experience differs from yours in that  black men generally have an advantage when it comes to black women. 

How?

Since the days of American slavery and even before among the Arab enslavement of Black people....Black women have been the preference of Caucasian power OVER Black men.

There are countless examples of wealthy men reaching down to establish sexual relationships with women of lower social/financial status.....how many wealthy women reach down to establish a sexual relationship with a man of a lower social/financial status?

Go into any club, bar, or public arena and if you observe both Black men and Black women.....you tell me who gets "hit on" more.....the men or the women.

Based on my observations, one of the only "advantages" Black men currently have over other men to Black women is PROXIMITY...generally speaking.
More of us tend to live around them than men of other groups for obvious reasons.

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

There are countless examples of wealthy men reaching down to establish sexual relationships with women of lower social/financial status.....how many wealthy women reach down to establish a sexual relationship with a man of a lower social/financial status?

Since the beginning of time, men have used some form of money, power, influence, etc., to attract women.

Conversely, it is unnatural for a woman to take care of a man financially. Women don't need money, power or influence to get attention from men. 

Most women become wealthy through inheritance or marriage. Self-made wealthy women have only been around a couple decades. 

There is no benefit to a wealthy woman establishing a relationship with a man of lower status. 😎

On 1/3/2023 at 1:51 PM, ProfD said:

There is no benefit to a wealthy woman establishing a relationship with a man of lower status.

There have been a few socialites who were involved with men from a lower socioeconomic level. While it is difficult to determine motivations. I would say it may be that their partner offered something that was missing from their circle.

Here's a brief biography of one such woman. 

https://www.npr.org/2007/07/21/12070489/nancy-cunard-rebellious-heiress-inspired-life

Doris Duke is another. Who married Porfirio Rubirosa who was charming and had certain talents. He dated  and wooed rich woman. Including Zsa Zsa Gabor 

3 hours ago, Delano said:

There have been a few socialites who were involved with men from a lower socioeconomic level. While it is difficult to determine motivations. I would say it may be that their partner offered something that was missing from their circle.

Sure. There will always be exceptions.

The lower status man is usually  a wealthy woman's eye candy or boy toy.

Paris Hilton spent a number of years running around with people below her status. 😎

@Pioneer1 because I and most of the guys i know don’t have a problem finding a woman. But the majority of women will complain about how  difficult it is to find a man.

On 1/2/2023 at 4:09 PM, Pioneer1 said:

you tell me who gets "hit on" more.....the men or the women.

Well of course the women, but that is because men generally take the lead on hitting on women —especially men of my generation.

5 hours ago, Delano said:

It changes after 40. Since there are less eligible men

Only if the pool is restricted to peers.  Eligibility increases if an individual is willing to cast a wider net in terms of age, demographic and expectations.😎

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ProfD said:

Only if the pool is restricted to peers

On 1/3/2023 at 1:51 PM, ProfD said:

There is no benefit to a wealthy woman establishing a relationship with a man of lower status. 😎

You've come full circle or is that an 180  degree change?

Of course, it depends on the person, but culturally the man is usually expected to take the lead. The woman can smile or make her interest clear but it is the dude the walks over and offers to buy the drink.

I do appreciate that is changing for the younger generation. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Troy said:

Of course it depends on the person, but culturally the man iss usually expected to take the lead. The woman can smile or make her interesting clear but it is the dude the walks over and and offers to by the drink.

I do appreciate that is changing for the younger generation. 

Well, as an old alpha-male, I hate the changes I'm seeing in the decline of masculinity and chivalry especially among Black men. 😎

• Haha 1

@ProfD, I'm old enough to recall the days when men were men and women were women, so to speak.  The gender roles were well-defined.

However, things have changed. I think the benefits offered to nonbinary people have been good for those people.  And the complete liberation of women is obviously a great benefit to women.  However, these changes have created confusion about what it means to be a man in contemporary America.

I think the changes have been even harder for cis-gendered, heterosexual Black boys.  These young men, especially those under 30,  aren't performing as well as the girls in school and ultimately in the job market. 

It has always been hard for us.  In my day, growing up in an all-Black and Puerto Rican neighborhood, all of my primary school teachers were Jewish women (two were Jewish men, one of whom was ultimately convicted of pedophilia).  In all of my school years, I never had a Black male heterosexual teacher -- that includes 8 years of college!  I don't think this is a good thing, on a variety of levels.

Again, because of the nature of the media anyone inclined to point out this problem is marginalized and ignored.  

Sidebar: I heard Umar Johnson has secured a building for his school 😉

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Troy said:

However, these changes have created confusion about what it means to be a man in contemporary America.

Again, because of the nature of the media anyone inclined to point out this problem is marginalized and ignored.  

Sidebar: I heard Umar Johnson has secured a building for his school 😉

It is mainly in America that gender roles have become fluid.  Look at any other part of the world and there is little to no gender confusion.

Here in America  the pussification of men is real.  Some folks have nerve to come up with a label...toxic masculinity.  What the f8ck is that.   

The war on masculinity is an effort to marginalize the power of white men.  Every other man is collateral damage especially Black men.

I'm not  against the liberation of women or the alphabet soup movement.  Live and let live. 

Nobody should be marginalized or mistreated.  Just don't come against masculine men. 

A few days ago, Buffalo Bills Safety Damar Hamlin went into cardiac arrest during a football game. The game was postponed.

Here comes the snowflakes who want to shut down football.  Regardless of whether or not one has the slightest interest in football is irrelevant. 

Football is a man's sport.  Men know the risk when they choose to play the game.  Nobody is forced to play or watch it. 

Yet, those who support the war on masculinity would just as soon turn football from hit and tackle into a game of touch with flags. 

A few years ago, they started having these big azz dudes wear pink accessories to recognize Breast Cancer Awareness Month (October).   

It wasn't enough to put up a banner or use a few pink lights in the stadium.  Nope.   Wear pink fellas.  The NFL is over 70% Black men.  

I've seen this train-wreck coming for many years now.  This too shall pass.

In my eternal optimism, I know that cisgender will ultimately survive because human beings cannot without it.

@Troy, I hope brotha Umar Johnson opens that school before 2030.🤣😎

2 hours ago, Troy said:

In all of my school years, I never had a Black male heterosexual teacher -- that includes 8 years of college!  I don't think this is a good thing, on a variety of levels.

With the exception of grades 2 through 7 I've had some non white teachers. 

41 minutes ago, Delano said:

grades 2 through 7

... your most formative years bruh.

2 hours ago, ProfD said:

I've seen this train-wreck coming for many years now.  This too shall pass.

I don't think so.  The changes are here to stay and will spread globally. 

Football is a gladiator sport and the men are modern-day gladiators.  I heard a female sports commentator reject the notion that football players are gladiators.  The thought that came to my mind was that only a woman would say that...  is that a sexist comment?

As you wrote @ProfD football is a man's sport, and women don't belong on the field playing with them -- or the locker room if you ask me. 

The NFL is trying really hard to grow its audience and getting women involved is a big part of that.  Hence the pink on the uniforms and the female commentators. 

In the name of equity men really can't have anything to themselves anymore...  But I guess saying that is sexist too, huh.

As far as Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin going into cardiac arrest; that may not have been a direct consequence of the hit he took.  It seems to me there was some undetected preexisting condition. But of course, this will not stop people from wanting to end football or turn it into flag fooball which will interest no one.

The real problem with football is not the danger, but the massive amounts of money involved causing the exploitation of college athletes to the creation of million-dollar slaves who provide the entertainment.  Well maybe the longer-term traumatic brain injury is a more serious problem but I think you see my point.

BTW that game was canceled.  I am sure that screwed-up sportsbooks and fantasy leagues nationwide 🙂

@Troy, agreed on all points.  I don't consider it sexist at all.

Football is a modern day gladiator sport for men.  It is entertainment and has become a multibillion dollar industry.  That's why it's not going anywhere.😉

I saw the handwriting on the wall a few years ago when the NFL decided to put women on the field and give them a seat at the desk. 

The funniest part is that I can tell from body language that football analyst dudes aren't really feeling women in the anchor chair but they're going along with the program to get paid. 

There's nothing wrong with letting men have their spaces.  Unfortunately, the snowflakes don't see it that way. 

BTW, snowflake has nothing to do with sexual orientation.  it's just a generalized term for soft, sensitive people.

Trauma brain injury (CTE) has become a point of emphasis over the past few years instigated by the same people who are anti-football.

Interestingly, I don't see women as involved in Hockey and Major League Baseball.  The reason why...they're predominantly white and white/Latino sports.

I thnk it will be determined that Safety Damar Hamlin's cardiac arrest was a rare occurrence and/or a pre-existing condition.  Either way, I believe he's going to pull through and encourage the fellas to keep playing the game.  

Black football players making up 70% of the league, we definitely need to do better job of getting into the profit-sharing and ownership aspect of the business.😎

20 hours ago, ProfD said:

Interestingly, I don't see women as involved in Hockey and Major League Baseball.  The reason why...they're predominantly white and white/Latino sports.

Now that is an interesting point. Why do you think that is?  Maybe the NFL owners are smarter when it comes to making money?

20 hours ago, ProfD said:

Black football players making up 70% of the league, we definitely need to do better job of getting into the profit-sharing and ownership aspect of the business.

I always felt they should pull up stakes and create their own league, but that will never happen for a variety of reasons

17 hours ago, Delano said:

My teachers I have said I walk to the beat of a different drummer.

You do, but that is what makes you so cool 🙂

Neither are black men as interested in Hockey and Baseball, as white men. Baseball has been described as being is too slow and cerebral to captivate the average fan.  Hockey, while fast and simplistic, is also cumbersome and repetitive.   Football is simply a more thrilling spontaneous game, the gains so much harder to achieve, the scores so much more gratifying and spectacular, the teamwork so much more evident. 

And never under estimate how women embrace what their men like in order to impress them. 

27 minutes ago, Cynique said:

And never under estimate how women embrace what their men like in order to impress them. 

I’m sure that is part of it too, and the NFL is doing everything to exploit that.

The NFL are brilliant marketers. They have turned the Super Bowl into a marketing bonanza people literally tune in to watch the commercials and half time show. The game is almost incidental.

1 hour ago, Delano said:

….hard to live with me.

perhaps, but does that does not make you any less cool, just hard to live with 😉

ProfD

There is no benefit to a wealthy woman establishing a relationship with a man of lower status

What about sexual benefit?

A lot of women of higher status choose men who "ain't got shit" simply because they're good in bed or they provide them with the emotional fulfillment they desire.

The lower status man is usually  a wealthy woman's eye candy or boy toy.

See

Only if the pool is restricted to peers.  Eligibility increases if an individual is willing to cast a wider net in terms of age, demographic and expectations

True.
Which is why a lot of AfroAmerican women "settle" for the street dudes and bums as they get older.

But less extreme, there's a lot of good brothers who just haven't arrived yet even at an advanced age....but doesn't mean they should be taken off the list.

Troy

because I and most of the guys i know don’t have a problem finding a woman. But the majority of women will complain about how  difficult it is to find a man.

That's not too much different than me declaring a shortage of Black women based on my personal observations...lol.

Just because YOU and your associates live in mansions and own property, does that mean there isn't a housing or homeless crisis in the community?

Besides, being able to find a woman has little to do with whether or not the ratio between Black men and Black women is imblanced because a larger percentage of people in both sexes aren't looking for partners.

I think the changes have been even harder for cis-gendered, heterosexual Black boys.  These young men, especially those under 30,  aren't performing as well as the girls in school and ultimately in the job market. 

I absolutely agree with this!

This modern academic system isn't the best for masculine heterosexual boys to function well in....especially Black boys.

Most straight Black males know this and have figured it out early which is most certainly why Dr Umar Johnson gets so much support (deservingly or undeservingly...lol).  He's one of the few who dares speak on this issue in public.

19 hours ago, Troy said:

Now that is an interesting point. Why do you think that is?  Maybe the NFL owners are smarter when it comes to making money?

The NFL generates more money ($8 billion) than MLB ($4 billion) but the average salary of an MLB player is double that of an NFL player. 😎 

What about sexual benefit?

A lot of women of higher status choose men who "ain't got shit" simply because they're good in bed or they provide them with the emotional fulfillment they desire.

S8x is natural human activity. Because it provides a fleeting form of pleasure,  human beings use it as a transactional benefit.

Social and economic status are less relevant when it comes to satisfying carnal desires. 

That's why prostitution is the oldest profession. It  goes both ways like barn doors.😎

That's not too much different than me declaring a shortage of Black women based on my personal observations.

No, it is not, and that is my point. Our personal experiences are different. Also, you assume your personal experiences are the same universally. I do not.

2 hours ago, ProfD said:

but the average salary of an MLB player is double that of an NFL player

A football team roster is almost twice the size, a football team is a lot more expensive to field, and there are FAR fewer game football games played to generate revenue. So relative to baseball they may be paid very well. But I’m no expert…

2 minutes ago, Troy said:

A football team roster is almost twice the size, a football team is a lot more expensive to field, and there are FAR fewer game football games played to generate revenue. So relative to baseball they may be paid very well.

True. But, of course, there are other variables.

Bottom line is NFL owners take the lion's share of profits from their lucrative deals.

OTOH, the MLB spreads its wealth better. I believe that's because it's predominantly white folks getting paid. 😎

Troy

No, it is not, and that is my point. Our personal experiences are different. Also, you assume your personal experiences are the same universally. I do not.

I understand, but I wasn't coming from a position of EXPERIENCE but OBSERVATION....which is vastly broader and more accurate.

It doesn't have to affect my sex life to realize there's a shortage of Black women in this society.