RIP ANITA POINTER

RIP ANITA POINTER

Anita-Pointer-1965-223x300.jpg

Anita-Pointer-300x300.png

Singer Anita Pointer of The Pointer Sisters has died at age 74

January 1, 20235:57 AM ET

The Grammy winner passed away while she was with family members, publicist Roger Neal said in a statement. A cause of death was not immediately revealed.

https://www.npr.org/2023/01/01/1146506030/anita-pointer-pointer-sisters-has-died

She passed away yesterday, December 31, 2022, at the age of 74. 

Another celebrity also just passed, Barbara Walters. She died on December 30, 2022 at the age of 93. And remember last year at this time, Betty White died too, December 31, 2021 at the age of 99. May they all RIP. 

I loved the music of the Pointer Sisters! I just recently read that they were originally from Arkansas and when they were young, their family moved to California. I also did not realize that two other of the Pointer sisters had also passed away. June Pointer died due to cancer in 2003 at the age of 52. And Bonnie Pointer died recently in 2020 at the age of 69. So therefore, that leaves the one with the heavy vocals, Ruth Pointer that is still living and also some beloved brothers are still living. 

Anita Pointer is said to be one of the main ones to organize the group. She had only one daughter, Jada, but she passed away before her mother. Jada died of cancer in 2003 at the age of 37. I remember that Carol Burnette obviously like them as she featured them at times on her variety show. 

0_FILE-Anita-Pointer-Dies-At-74-Venice-F

67617786_403437033627476_593456585145266

RIP BONNIE, RIP ANITA

*At one point, Bonnie Pointer actually left the group and went solo for a while. And when she did, the other Pointer Sister's did not know if they would make it. However, they continued to make music a few years later. Anita once said that her sister Bonnie is claimed to have been a major factor to their success. 

Anita, Ruth, Bonnie and June Pointer, born the daughters of a minister, grew up singing in their father's church in Oakland, California.

https://www.npr.org/2023/01/01/1146506030/anita-pointer-pointer-sisters-has-died

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7asxy8Z5qEiZcGO_WJbx

June Pointer died of cancer at the age of 52 in 2006.

maxresdefault.jpg

June Pointer 

Pat-Pointer-1968-206x300.jpg

Bonnie Pointer 

american-pop-group-the-pointer-sisters-l

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Rest in Peace and Power dear Sista!!!

Another celebrity also just passed, Barbara Walters. She died on December 30, 2022 at the age of 93. And remember last year at this time, Betty White died too, December 31, 2021 at the age of 99. May they all RIP. 

I didn't want to take the thread away from our sista by mentioning them but yeah Barbara Walters just died a couple days ago and Pope Benedict did as well.

What I really find strange is they announced that the great soccer player Pele died a few days ago, and I thought he had BEEN dead for atleast a year or two.

• Like 1

As you might can tell, I like the skits of the Pointer Sister's on the Carol Burnette Show. They were so talented and Carol Burnette is just too funny and talented herself. 

6 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Look at the style, the grace, the beauty.

For Real! Style, grace, beauty and talented.

7 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

What happened to our community?  😪

I wish I could sum it all up. 

• Like 1