Black Unity: You Might Have The Wrong Understanding

Apparently some of you have the wrong understanding of MY idea of "Black Unity"

Apparently......some of you believe that when I talk of and promote Black Unity, I'm speaking of uniting ALL Black folks (or a majority) under one belief for one purpose.

Like Harpo said in The Color Purple:

image.png.e6738eb99e0cbe7da455dc6c2adab379.png

"Naw......n-n-n-no such thang!"

Not only wouldn't I expect most Black folks to come together, I wouldn't expect HALF or even just 25% of them to!
It COULD happen, ofcourse; but it would take a Miracle.
I mean a LITERAL Miracle of Divine origin for that to happen.

Furthermore, there are a LOT of Black folks I have absolutely NO desire to unite with anyway.
I don't wish to unite with rapists, pedophiles, serial killers, crack addicts, etc...no matter how Black they are.

When I speak of Black Unity I mean all Black people who BELIEVE  and SUPPORT a set of principles, values, and goals....to unite with eachother around THEM to achieve specific goals.

For example.......
Those AfroAmericans who support cash/land/and other forms of Reparations for FBA/ADOS should unite around THAT goal until it is achieved and instituted into perpetuity.
Then that unity is dissolved and the energy is focused on another project.

My idea of Black Unity is DYNAMIC....not STAGNANT.
It continues to move, change, reform and redefine itself based on time, place, and need.

Think I have an understanding of your idea of black unity from reading your posts.

Black unity will never include all or a majority of people. But, it can still benefit those who need help.

Every culture has ties that bind the people but there are still differences among them too.

Having a tie that binds is code (principles, rules, values, etc.). Code is the 1st step towards unity.

From there, dynamism within the group can attack the agenda i.e. issues of importance and concern in all areas of human activity.

That's why there are different organizations and religious denominations and political parties,  etc.

Unity requires leadership. Someone has to step up to plate who has the intelligence, personality, charm and charisma  capable of galvanizing a movement.

Black folks haven't seen such a figure in several decades now. It's probably gonna take a miracle. But, it's not the blonde haired, blue-eyed dude hanging up on the cross. 😎

• Thanks 1

I hear you @Pioneer1 "rapists, pedophiles, serial killers, crack addicts" are a minuscule portion of our population," so don'

t worry about them.  We can probably get more than 25% of Black folks on board.

I'm not sure people truly appreciate the progress Marcus Garvey made toward unifying Black people. I don't see how it would be possible for anyone to unify Black people at that level again.   I wish I was wrong, but I see little evidence that I am.

Again, I think the fight for reparations must include non-Black people.  We should strive for unity among people who are in support of justice. 

We can start by working to get an HR-40-like bill passed (a committee to study reparations for Black people).

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Troy said:

I'm not sure people truly appreciate the progress Marcus Garvey made toward unifying Black people.

Brotha Marcus Garvey was on the right. Too bad he couldn't get buy in from his  intellectual contemporary  WEB DuBois. 

Garveyism could have unified Black folks of African descent and along with his contemporaries among African leaders made  Africa a powerful continent. 

Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi was thinking along the same lines as Garvey with his United States of Africa.

Of course, that's why they killed Gaddafi. Him unifying people and countries was a threat to the system. 😎

Gaddafi was ousted and killed because he was bombing his own Arab people. At least, that is the official story.

Once a popular uprising took hold in Libya, I am certain the CIA and European intelligence agencies all lent a hand. Since President Obama and SecState Clinton always made a big deal about human rights, they felt the U.S. had to openly intervene. But not as with troops sans armor as Bill Clinton did in Somalia. Gaddafi did have a decent idea for Pan Arab and African Unification. But this was not why he was overthrown and killed. 

Back in 1958, Egyptian President Gamal Nassar combined his country with Syria, creating the United Arab Republic. That lasted until 1971. With Arab nations unable to defeat Israel or match the billions the U.S. gave it every year, Gaddafi elected to try to hurt the West through terrorism. He enlisted several bombmakers in a few countries and was even suspected of bringing down transatlantic Pan Am flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland in December 1988. 

If I'm not mistaken. The U.S. finally nabbed the bombmaker.

Gaddafi was never brought to justice for Pan Am 103 and remained an international scuzz bucket until his death. But some admired him. The revolution against Gaddafi that resulted in his death was no doubt the work of western intelligence. As soon as his death was announced, the hundreds of Blacks Gaddafi had allowed into Libya to work began to be immediately mistreated. Many became Slaves. 

Why strive for something that nobody thinks has a chance of coming into fruition? That's a waste of time. And why  strive for  unity when how  unity is defined  does not conform with how you describe it?  Inconsistency is one reason why there is no black "unity".  

It is also "apparent" that certain people's idea of black unity is making the race over in their own image, giving priority to their personal dislikes and preferences, setting themselves up as the ideal prototype.  In addition to institutionalized racism, the biggest obstacle to the dream of black unity is the male ago that originates in a barrel of crabs. 

i can't emphasize enough of how liberated i feel since I divorced the black race on the grounds of irreconcilable differences.  No regrets nor guilt about becoming bored with the struggle to compete with white folks for the power they have a monopoly on.   i'm not big on responsibility.  Life is game. You win some, you lose some. 

But carry on. it's good practice for confronting the up-and-coming Hispanics. Hola!    

1 hour ago, Cynique said:

Why strive for something that nobody thinks has a chance of coming into fruition? That's a waste of time

Isn't that what visionaries do. I have wasted a lot of time on things most would say or pointless. Yet those things have shaped me: Night clubs; Astrology; Tarot and time markers. A friend once said', Time that you enjoy isn't wasted"

17 minutes ago, Delano said:

Isn't that what visionaries do. I have wasted a lot of time on things most would say or pointless. Yet those things have shaped me: Night clubs; Astrology; Tarot and time markers. A friend once said', Time that you enjoy isn't wasted"

2 minutes ago, ProfD said:

Truth.  IMO, that is one of the most fun aspects of being an adult.😎

@Delano& @ProfD So you guys enjoy the ongoing fruitless quest for black unity, huh? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insanity.  Addicted people enjoy their drugs and alcohol and gambling, all to their detriment. 

Just depends.  

21 minutes ago, Cynique said:

@Delano& @ProfD So you guys enjoy the ongoing fruitless quest for black unity, huh?

It really doesn't take too much of my time.  I'm not running around with a picket sign and a megaphone begging n8gglets to unify. 🤣

Like a minister, I drop jewels in real-life conversations with people I encounter and keep it moving. No tithes or offerings required.😎

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ProfD said:

It really doesn't take too much of my time.  I'm not running around with a picket sign and a megaphone begging n8gglets to unify. 🤣

Like a minister, I drop jewels in real-life conversations with people I encounter and keep it moving. No tithes or offerings required.😎

@ProfDAnd you do this because you realize that it's more effective than wasting your time beating the dead dog of black unity to death.

BTW, what do you think will be the long term impact on the NFL after what happened to Buffalo Bill's Damar Hamlin?

1 hour ago, Cynique said:

BTW, what do you think will be the long term impact on the NFL after what happened to Buffalo Bill's Damar Hamlin?

Usually an injured player gives a thumbs up or wave as they're carted off the field.  We didn't get that Monday night.

Today, Damar Hamlin squeezed his mom's hand and communicated in writing. Delayed reaction as a thumbs up.

IMO,  once doctors determine Safety Damar Hamlin's event was a rare occurrence and relay that message, the NFL will reassure fans that while football can be a violent sport, it's still relatively safe.

Also, the NFL will continue to insure every stadium is equipped with CPR trained staff and medical equipment which they already had in place. NFL will return to business as usual. 😎

5 hours ago, Cynique said:

@Delano& @ProfD So you guys enjoy the ongoing fruitless quest for black unity

I was responding to the generality of your quote me

7 hours ago, Cynique said:

Why strive for something that nobody thinks has a chance of coming into fruition? That's a waste of time.

I have nothing to say about Black unity that makes any difference 

16 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Who said we ever accepted your behind to begin with?????

@Pioneer1Hummm.  i just noticed this latest example of everybody's favorite strawman making irrelevant false equivalencies, -  as usual. But at least you didn't accompany your conundrum with another picture of yourself in drag, babbling away. Although i must admit your female alter-ago really captures your essence; especially when it comes to babbling. (Tyler Perry/Medea would be proud of you.) Your duality does your afro-americoon image great justice. Taking on a female persona becomes you. And i will give you your props by reposting your picture. 

Shaniqua tell's you - Posts | Facebook

pioneer showing his true colors 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

..is that the best you can do?

Well, it's not like a dufus like you commands anything better.  I stooped to your level.  Now run along like a good little straw man - and steer clear of lit matches.

17 hours ago, Troy said:

Not to take sides but that was a funny photo. Not that pioneer’s are not funny too, but i just did not expect that from Cynique 🤣

@Troy 😅That funny picture was copied from another post ( "Day 2--Still No House Speaker in Congress") and was originally posted by pioneer, - taken from his "portfolio". 😉

@Cynique I was wondering where you dug that one up. So I see it comes full circle 😉  

I did not see that photo because I did not read the Still No House Speak... conversation -- that whole subject interested me about as much as all the hullabaloo over Prince Harry -- i.e. not in the least 🙂

On 1/9/2023 at 1:16 PM, Troy said:

that whole subject interested me about as much as all the hullabaloo over Prince Harry -- i.e. not in the least 🙂

While I have enough mental bandwidth to deal with American politics, I nave zero interest in whatever is going on across the pond especially the monarchy.😁😎

On 1/10/2023 at 11:31 PM, Troy said:

@ProfD i think it is a gender thing women find it interesting, men generally don’t. 

maybe it is because girls used to reared with being like princesses…

A lot of women of color have a secret desire all the way back from childhood to be swept up and married and "supported" by a wealthy and powerful White man.

Not sure if you've heard the term before, but in the Black Conscious community....we call him a "Zaddy".