Oh, those hilarious Republicans ...

How many ballots does one think it will take before Kevin McCarthy is voted in as House Speaker? Or IF he is voted in. 

Besides being a villainous and unconscionable fraud, McCarthy also hosted Birthers in his House office - in the Capitol. Nice guy. I wonder if anyone cares to query him these days as to whether Barack Obama was born in the United States. 

For all you lovers of the GOP, this dysfunction is the just the beginning of the next two years. 

i can't believe the Republicans are squandering their opportunity to make the most of their chance to inflict damage on the hapless Democrats, but I'm so glad to see them imploding and showing  the world what an erratic bunch of clowns they really are!  Trump's influence seems to be eroding and, best of all, all the right wing detractors who show up on this board, have been proven wrong when it comes to the viability of their party!  🤣

• Haha 1

Rep. McCarthy is down by 11 failed votes if anyone is keeping score. 😁

The biggest insult was a few from the GOP floating Rep. Byron Donalds (FL) as a potential candidate for House Speaker. They even had nerve to reference Fredrick Douglass and quote Martin Luther King Jr.🤔

Congress has adjourned until noon and will resume the circus again tomorrow.😎

• Sad 1

Uh.......the Republican party is a RIGHT WING party and the Conservatives are fighting the Moderates for positions of power.

Why the hell isn't the SAME kind of fight going on in the Democrat Party?
Why aren't the so-called Liberals/Progressive fighting the Moderates and forcing  themselves in seats of power in order to enact more Liberal social policies???

• Haha 1

@Stefan, no worries on the duplicate thread.

Bummer that after 14 failed attempts they voted that clown McCarthy into the House Speaker seat.

Get the popcorn ready. The big top is about to start spinning. 

They may not have time to attack people of color. They will be consumed with dismantling the Jan 6th commission, investigating Hunter Biden, POTUS Biden, Dr. Anthony Fauci and Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas to name a few. 😎

• Like 1

Trump inspired jerks everywhere. Such as Kari Lake, who lost her election for Arizona governor, lost recounts and court cases to name her the winner. Now, she's taken to calling her self "Arizona's duly elected governor."

Apparently, there's no end to this craziness. In Brazil, supporters of Jair Bolsonaro invaded federal offices, the Supreme Court and the Congress building in Brasilia. This is today's Right Wing Politics, lose an election, refuse to accept the results and then riot when you don't get your way. 

Democrats have been battling these clowns since the 70's. But when judges side with them and agree with their antics - we all lose. 

To those who think nothing is being done, start paying attention. Democrats, which include Liberals, Progressives and Moderates, fought back hard and actually kept the U.S. Senate. They nearly held the House when the conventional wisdom was that they would be blown out in the 2022 midterms. 

No one on the Left is complacent. Not with liars such as George Santos around.

There is no shortage of clowns within the GOP tent.   Kari Lake is definitely one of them.  I can only imagine which cabinet-level position she will be appointed if the former POTUS gets re-elected.

That George Santos is also pathetic.  The fact that he can take a seat in Congress despite his lying ways is disturbing on a number of levels.  If he was an AfroAmerican congress-elect, they would found a way to disqualify him.

For Brazil to be imitating US politics down to the sideshow is sad.  Hopefully, this too shall pass.

i don't believe Democrats are truly battling with the GOP and vice versa.  I think both parties are two sides of the same coin.  The parties thrive off each other for power and control over American politics.  They put on a show.😎

• Thanks 1

My suspicions about Trump being a DISTRACTION for the true right-wing Conservative agenda is being confirmed more and more.

They put Trump out as the boogie man.....the joke that he is....so you can focus on him and his goof-ball antics while the TRUE threat from the right-wing is being ignored.

They put over the top extremist Republicans on the ballot so you can reject them in favor of more "moderate" Republicans or conservative Democrats who are just going to enact the same policies

On 1/5/2023 at 3:15 PM, Cynique said:

Trump's influence seems to be eroding

Cynique, I see you're still alive and kickin'. How unfortunate.

On 1/9/2023 at 10:59 AM, ProfD said:

There is no shortage of clowns within the GOP tent

I knew there was a reason why I took a very nice long break from this discussion board. It's simply amusing to watch liberals and leftists self-destruct, no matter what they think about conservatives or themselves, for that matter.

@nelsHopefully you will slither back under the  rock  you seeped out from. EW! Nobody missed you because you never had anything of worth to say, only a bunch of links to right wing propaganda. Nor is it likely that this has changed. You're stuck in the inertia of your stupid delusions.  You and your kind have yet to make any positive impact on the country and are still the tight assed misguided jerks you've always been.  Typical right wing Republicans from the top down. 

Buh Bye, Loser.  Try tweaking your lackluster  resume and maybe your lies will get you  a job on Marjorie Tayler Green's staff, airing out her  funky draws.  🤣

• Haha 1

On 1/18/2023 at 3:47 PM, Cynique said:

You're stuck in the inertia of your stupid delusions.

Cynique, it's just too easy to get a rise out of you. Totally predictable and amusing, indeed. I am not interested in trying to get anyone on this board to leave the safety of their own backyard(s). From the beginning, it was very obvious that this was an uninformed and immovable liberal discussion platform that bounces between the guardrails of sheer ignorance and pure insanity. On reflection, if one didn't know better, they'd swear it was infiltrated by CCP trolls. Nothing here is taken seriously, nor is it a sampling of demonstrable intellectual prowess. I will say that as long as you keep reacting instead of thinking, you'll be destined for a continued long life of political, social and (perhaps) financial irrelevance, at a minimum. And yes, it's quite nice down here on the ground where slithering is indeed an art, sans dodging the clown car you're in as it blindly barrels down the highway. One more thing, you do a great job of insulting yourself.

On 1/18/2023 at 5:54 PM, Troy said:

ROTFLMBAO! 

Troy, the pleasure of receiving your humorous digs is entertaining. Helps pass the time, too. Remember, I'm not expecting a course correction from you or anyone else here. Only time will show you how close you are to the last fork in the road.

• Haha 1

@nels Oh blah, blah, blah, ho-hum.   For somebody who thinks I'm easy to get a rise out of, your bloated  ass could hardly wait to come back here and deliver the trite little essay you stayed up nights composing. 😴  You're so transparent.  It's obvious you're trying to save face and give the impression that you haven't been bamboozled by your puppet masters. You can't even figure out that I relish engaging in arguments with programmed right wing stiffs like you.  This doesn't get a rise out of me, I get a charge out of it. I now await the response you will be unable to resist giving.  I dare you to stfu. (How's that for the reverse psychology you are so inept at attempting?)  😂

One more thing. Your ego is astounding. You really think you should be taken seriously instead of ridiculed. Now kiss the ground you love and -  slither back under your rock. The other slimy slugs can hardly wait for your return so they can convene the donald tRump fan club meeting.  🤣

• Like 1

@Cynique

Good retort.

Despite his many polemics and rants against Black people, Nels is still permitted to continue posting his noxious garbage in these forums. It is mostly Black hating and foolish.

When I claimed White Supremacy still exists, the GOP stands against Black people for this, and I was roundly attacked. Despite me posting evidence in the form of several news stories that offered proof of my assertions. 

Nels reminds me of the clownish Blacks I've encountered online who couldn't stand President Barack Obama because they were jealous of his communication skills, his ability to write. His savvy at fashioning coherent and truthful opinions and his talent at attracting millions of admirers.

There is no one on this forum who can match Obama's flair. In fact, there are few Black men alive who can match his soaring oratory. 

In his Esquire magazine feature story "A Case Against Black Republicans," Pulitzer Prize winning author Mitchell S. Jackson wrote:  "I disbelieve that Black people are homogenous and should vote as monolith. However, I do believe the present version of the Republican party is out-and-out undeserving of Black support. In fact, Black folks who support Republicans in light of their long train of abuses and usurpations do so at the expense of justice for Black people at large."

A Case Against Black Republicans

I agree with him. 

I've always been wary of Black people who tout Republicanism as the answer to the ills of the Black Community. To me, they are worse than insecure. They are desperate for attention and have little problem bashing Black people to achieve this. But the ones who lionize Trump are the worst.

Nels seems to be one of them. 

I tend to categorize people....so in my opinion not all Black Republicans are the same.

I have more respect for the older Black Republicans who were more Conservative and traditionalist in their political and social ideology than these blind Trump-supporting Black Republicans today.
Most of whom smoke weed, talk trash, and live dysfunctional lives while promoting Trump.

Atleast in the old days I could count on the traditionalist and Conservative Black people to promote solid family structures, not be afraid to criticize homosexuality (although I'm not quite as against it as I was when I was religious), and were very critical of the moral decline in the AfroAmerican community.
We don't have a lot of THOSE type of Black Republicans today.

People like Tony Brown, Herman Cain, Thomas Sowell.......TRUE Conservatives.

This is why I say we as AfroAmericans need to form OUR OWN party and promote OUR OWN values instead of falling in line with the Democrats or Republicans who don't have our best interests in mind.

• Like 1

@Pioneer1

If you are proposing we form our own break away society with our own government then I am in.

If you are proposing we form a new entity to exist as a sub-partition in an already fragmented and very easily controlled government of divided and conquered peoples then I pass.

If it was just talk then it doesnt matter anyway.

• Thanks 1

Rodney campbell

Lol....no, it's not just talk.

We actually need to do BOTH.
We eventually need our own independent society, but I don't believe most AfroAmericans are ready for self governing right now.
Many are....but most aren't.
So perhaps we should take advantage of the opportunity to practice it in increments by holding positions of power and managing small independent communities within the nation.

If you are serious then all we need is to buy a small town. ANYWHERE. And start there.

We will need to simultaneously advertise for recruitment and seek land where we can begin with either an existing town infrastructure or a place where we can start from the ground up.

There is no way this will work in physically isolated cells no matter what their position is.

1 structural engineer and 1 medical trauma surgeon are all that is required until everything is up and running.

Security is everyone.s job and maintenance is everyone.s duty.

Everybody is armed at all TIME's, as long as we keep our perimeter secured, and work safely, there is no stopping us.

Most abandoned towns sell for 85,000 to 300,000 in forested bear and cougar country. In, or near, the 1% population belt.

Another option is to buy a foreclosed and abandoned mansion. Most of those can house multiple families and have enough land to make way for the johnny come lately's. Prices are variable, some realistic, some ridiculously unrealistic.

Depending on the amount of infrastructure required to repair or build, a small town can be made ready inside of 1 year. 3 years if absolutely everything that can go wrong does.

We can save up some money and BUY a small town, or just move there in mass taking up employment, residence, and eventually positions in government like City Hall and School board and in a few years we will HAVE the town.
Then expand upon it.

So which region do you think would be the best place to do this....in the South or maybe out West?

What matters is the surrounding population centers and structures. The more geographically isolated and harder to reach the location is, the better.

And using your method of infiltration, we would also require at least 1 scout to go ahead and see what the smallest town in such an area consist of. 2 scouts would be better.

Gathering a list of all the positions for work and their requirements that must be filled to match those with our infiltrators.

We would also need to have entire families ready to move and take up occupancy immediately.

Followed as closely as possible by Second wave; infiltrators who will be there strictly to build an infrastructure and network that facilitates the third waves ability to seize power and authority through legal actions, such as voting, to place our people in positions of authority. There would also have to be no less than five 2 person security teams; who can be placed inside of the families or be in the families that move there. Open security is always seen as a threat and a danger to indigenous people.

This is a much more slower, and higher resource consuming method.

But the danger risk is the same.

Also, when we talk about forming communities....we also must make sure we all have a "collective mind" to a certain degree.
In order for a community to be successful and prosper we need to be on the same page as far as values and ethics.
I'm not speaking from a religious point of view.
No need for religion but religious differences would be tolerated.
However our basic understanding of what is "right" and "wrong" must be clear and agreed upon by all in the community.

Can't have one brother who insists on having 5 wives and another brother who thinks polygamy is "disrespectful" to women and should be illegal trying to live together.

Can't have one sister who thinks all drugs and alcohol should be banned from the community and another sister who is a weed head and insists on selling weed to make a living residing next to eachother.

ProfD

From my years of experience both operating in Black organizations as well as working with them from the outside, it's best to have most of the ethical rules and laws of conduct CLEARLY established and agreed upon by all parties involved as early as possible to avoid misunderstandings as well as fights over power and control.  

I have already written and rewritten such things as being discussed. The Laws Rules and Guidance of the community are not mine to give or take away from anyone. Nor is any other human qualified to make such decisions for another human being. The Creator has already established how to live and how to die. How to reward and how to punish. What to eat and drink and what to avoid eating and drinking. How to maintain secure and protect LIFE and how to bypass security and end LIFE. The only thing we would all be doing is filtering those who accept those laws rules and guidance from those who reject those laws rules and guidance.

No force is used. People will make their own informed decision. Without any pressure for or against.

On my part the only thing I needed to do was to translate the laws rules and guidance into a language that uneducated unintelligent hyper-sexual childish overemotional religious functionally retarded people of adult age would be able to understand.

This current task will demand another full rewrite.

Willing people are easy to find.

Resources are much more difficult to acquire.

If you know the history of Black people in the U.S., then you know the many times African Americans have tried to form their own towns, communities and regions. But racist Whites became jealous and embittered and always found a reason to attack and usually burn them down. 

A Black political party? And how many electoral votes do you expect to win? Because that is how this country elects its Presidents.

Remember, not all Blacks think the same. We are not a monolith. 

As far as building our own towns and communities ...

Eight thriving Black communities destroyed by racist Whites

• Thanks 1