What does Tunisia say about Democracy

@ProfD I oppose your position. I don't see any evidence that any religion, a spirituality on top of literature, or a spirituality are diametrically opposed to the rule of any people.  First, historically, the longest operating governments in human history all had an attached religion to said government. Kemet/Chin/Roman Empire.  All of them lasted thousands of years. The USA government is less than 500 years old, and post the second phase of what I call the world war. Most governments in humanity are less than a hundred years old or were started absent the will of their people.  Second, in modernity, the financial factors in countries is the true genesis of their conflicts or confusions.  For example to the article, Tunisia is poor. The reason why the usa had and has success has nothing to do with the government form. I will argue, that the government form of the USA is actually dysfunctional but the financial potency of genocide plus slavery created two huge financial winds that allowed a rickety boat to fly. The problem, tunisia don't have such winds. Tunisia has no native americans to slaughter for resources, tunisia has no continental trafficking of enslaved human beings for labor. Sequentially, the form of government or democracy Tunisia utilized to mirror the usa or great britain was absent either of those countries true source of maintenance, which was the ability to get away with murders or enslavements to other human beings.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, richardmurray said:

@ProfD I oppose your position. 

Second, in modernity, the financial factors in countries is the true genesis of their conflicts or confusions. 

Tunisia is poor. 

@richardmurray, I'm not surprised that you oppose my position. It's all good. I expect it. 😁

Human greed and corruption is the true source of conflict and confusion in most countries.

Corrupt leaders control resources including human capital and spread the wealth among their families and friends. 

Tunisia isn't too poor. They rank as the most competitive economy in Africa with a GDP around $41 billion USD. Not bad for a country with a population of 12 million people.😎

@ProfD haha :)

and add lies and add the lack of a financial cheat. Greed or Corruption are negatives. but lies make them worse, and the lacking of a truly advantageous financial cheat is potent. Yeah, commonly called nepotism is bad for everyone else, not in the clan right? :) but, why are so many governments structured the way they are? It isn't because the peoples in such government decided, it was made by outsiders. And the caribbean or Africa are full of these countries. Nigerians didn't exist, The british empire made Nigeria and then told the black people in it to be Nigerian with a parliamentary government as if the people in nigeria decided that. No korean was in the room when the two koreas was made. Right now Taiwan acts like they are separate from china as if taiwan wasn't made because china had an internal war and the losing side fled to that island. The lies of being independent will probably lead to war one day. The irony is the usa talks about taiwanese independence but scoffs at the confederacy, which was doing the same thing taiwan was and is. Lies don't make it better. 

Your right ProfD, greed/corruption can be extreme negatives, not to be underrated. But, I think too many miss the role of a cheating profitable financial aspect. The roman empire which western europe, that includes the usa, culturally mirror was like western europe or the usa. A haven for what you call call greed or corruption or commonly called nepotism. but, they were also very successful in financial abuses, slavery being a key one and genocide second. Whites in the usa wanted to keep all wealth white, a larger form of nepotism. the government officials cheated or was corrupt all the time, look at white officials to the white towns in appalachia.  But, the usa was making money. So....money making allowed for 

I really feel the problem today is countries , non white ones, are being challenged to succeed financially absent a cheat and that isn't easy historically. The USA didn't work hard, it stole land from sea to shining sea, never paid the labor on all that land. IF only every country had an enslaved populace they will find more peace while still maintaining a lot of corruption or greed 

Not sure if I follow the symbolism of the photograph in the OP.

Was that patient hurt by the Tunisian government, protesting for Democracy or something?
Or are they a Covid patient or patient for some other reason besides state sponsored violence?

As far as Democracy goes......

The TRUE meaning of Democracy is  NOT "rule of the people" but "rule of the devil/demon".....no lie or exaggeration.

The Greek term for people is "publus/pluribus" or "public"...not "demo" as so many think.
Their term for DEMONS was "demos".
Modern dictionaries purposely twist up and confuse the meanings of ancient Greek and Latin but if you get old dictionaries you'll find the etymological truth.

Why am I saying this?

When White people go around the planet pushing "Democracy".....they aren't promoting rule of "the people".
It's  sham.
The elections are a sham.

It really means putting Western interests first BEFORE the people, erasing their native culture, and instituting a more modernized form of anit-Black racism.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Not sure if I follow the symbolism of the photograph in the OP.

Was that patient hurt by the Tunisian government, protesting for Democracy or something?
Or are they a Covid patient or patient for some other reason besides state sponsored violence?

Self-immolation i.e. setting oneself on fire is a form of protest. The person in the pic was such a burn patient. 😎

@Pioneer1 the person burned themselves alive. He was starving, he was hopeless. 

The problem is, Tunisia went from european imperial rule to modern kingship twice to elected officials and the common tunisian never changed with any of the governmental changes. The desperation has led some to burn themselves alive.

Some people pioneer, they quit when they have had enough. He is trying to take himself out. The series of failed governments has led to a lose in hope. 

Since the demise of the Roman Empire in the west, Tunisia was always associated with Islam and never suffered centuries of European Imperial rule.

It is France that dominated North Africa in the latter part of the 19th Century. France is but one country and its government in Paris proved a major influence in the affairs of Algeria. 

Not Tunisia, which is where fabled conqueror Hannibal Barca is from. 

Ok.
I clicked on the link which opened up to Richard's original page and all I saw was the same picture, but I guess I didn't hit the "read more" link for the full story.

Sad situation.....
Not sure what to say about it besides, very sad.

If the man just wanted a way out, seems that dying by a bullet from a police/soldier would have been less painful than burning himself.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I clicked on the link which opened up to Richard's original page and all I saw was the same picture, but I guess I didn't hit the "read more" link for the full story.

Yeah. For whatever reason, @richardmurray doesn't provide a link to articles in the thread itself. Gotta go to his page in order to read it. As a result, some threads I don't even bother to open and/or engage in discussion. 😎

@Pioneer1 yes, don't you ever post on your feed in aalbc? :)

This is an aside but it is very interesting how many people never click read more:)  I wish I knew a way to scan how many people went to a page and literally didn't click read more

@Troy I know no tool exist to scan every connection to the website and see particular actions like that but maybe for status posts you need to allow the whole status to load ? 

@ProfD I do link all the articles original source in my post, I cite everything. But I focus on my post because sometimes links die. In my experience a number of great articles went away and I wish I would had just posted the whole thing thus, I do that in AALBC. I am not trying to be an archivist but I find the internet audience is lazier than meets the eye and when people refute a point, if you don't have the exact content available then it gets silly. So that is why I focus on my statuses.  And I know most of you in the forums know about these issues or already have an opinion so I place the topic as a starter, and you can simply say what you want to say, you don't need to bother coming to my page if you don't want. 

2 hours ago, richardmurray said:

I do link all the articles original source in my post, I cite everything. But I focus on my post because sometimes links die.

I place the topic as a starter, and you can simply say what you want to say, you don't need to bother coming to my page if you don't want. 

Understood. I will keep that in mind for future threads. Thanks for the explanation. 😎

• Like 1

5 hours ago, richardmurray said:

@Troy I know no tool exist to scan every connection to the website and see particular actions like that but maybe for status posts you need to allow the whole status to load ? 

Actually there are tools that do this. 

The software that runs your blog and these discussion forums were built by a different company and i do not control how the software works. There maybe a setting to  change how much of the status displays, but I’ll have to put some effort into doing it.

@Troy well said, I wish I would had been complete:) USA law it is illegal to manipulate others computers without their consent, but yes i know said tools exists. 

no need , more important things need your attention in the aalbc website than that, but conversating side others elsewhere as well as aalbc, proves people don't click read more:) video people:) 

Another issue with Tunisia as well as the other North African nations that needs to be addressed is the anti-Black RACISM that is so pervasive there!

The light skinned Arabs and Berbers who run that nation have a  hell of a nerve crying about the imperialism and injustice that Europeans are putting on them when THEY have been enslaving and mistreating the Black population and darker skinned Arabs and Berbers for centuries.

Infact, it can be argued that neither the Arabs nor the Berbers actually belong there.
Both came in and conquered that land and began to occupy it.

• Like 2

Anthropologists, historians and those who dig deep into ethnicities mostly determine that although many Black Slaves were kidnapped from western Africa and taken to the Western Hemisphere, about a third were transported east to the Arabian peninsular. 

Here is one post on the subject, but I am certain you guys can find many more. 

The Arab Slave Trade

The majority of the slaves of North Africa were indeed taken from other regions of Africa.....as well as Europe!
Most people don't realize that the bulk of slaves for most of history actually come from Eastern Europe.

However, as far as African slaves go...most came from other parts of the continent.
However there are a lot of Black tribes who were/are indigenous to North Africa also....there for thousands of years before the Arabs or Amizigh (Berbers) came in as invaders and settlers.
Some of them were enslaved too.

This statement:

On 1/16/2023 at 9:42 AM, Pioneer1 said:

The majority of the slaves of North Africa were indeed taken from other regions of Africa.....as well as Europe!
Most people don't realize that the bulk of slaves for most of history actually come from Eastern Europe.

That's a whopper of a claim. Now, let's see some proof.

By the way, just how many Blacks have left California at your urging? I know you don't want to answer the question. But as long as you keep posting goofy and unprovable nonsense, you're going to be called on it. 

Stefan

The proof is in the very NAME of the people of Eastern Europe.
They are called "Slavs" or "Slavic" people for the very reason that so many of captives were taken from that region that their ethnic name became synonymous with what we call slavery today.

This article gives a brief but decent outline of the slavery that existed in Eastern Europe:
Slavery - Ways of ending slavery | Britannica

"Slavery was a familiar institution to many sixteenth-century Europeans. Although slavery had gradually died out in northwestern Europe, it continued to flourish around the Mediterranean Sea. Ongoing warfare between Christianity and Islam produced thousands of slave laborers, who were put to work in heavy agriculture in Italy, southern France, eastern Spain, Sicily, and eastern Europe near the Black Sea. Most slaves in this area were "white"--either Arabs or natives of Russia and eastern Europe. But by the mid-fifteenth century, the expansion of the Ottoman Empire cut off the supply of white slaves. It was during the mid-fifteenth century that Portugal established trading relations along the West African coast, and discovered that it was able to purchase huge numbers of black slaves at a low cost."
Digital History (uh.edu)

By the way, just how many Blacks have left California at your urging? I know you don't want to answer the question.

Here we go....lol.

image.png.afd44a1b915f431bc3281eda1f4372e9.png

Zzzzzzzooooooommmmmmmmm.............

• Thanks 1

Yeah, here we go, Mr. Phony. No great numbers of Blacks have left California because YOU said they should. And that's why you refuse to answer. 

For your information, the term Slavic is a derivative of Slovenia and refers to language. It has NO connection to Slavery, according to its Etymology.

But of course, because you tend to post so many untruths and rarely research anything, you wouldn't know this. 

Etymology of the term Slavic

Now, you know. 

• Thanks 1

Stefan

Clown,  the word SLAVE came from SLAV.
Both words are related.

The derivation of the word slave encapsulates a bit of European history and explains why the two words slave and Slav are so similar; they are, in fact, historically identical. The word slave first appears in English around 1290, spelled sclave. The spelling is based on Old French esclave from Medieval Latin sclavus, "Slav, slave," first recorded around 800. Sclavus comes from Byzantine Greek sklabos (pronounced sklä′vōs) "Slav," which appears around 580. Sklavos approximates the Slavs' own name for themselves, the Slověnci, surviving in English Slovene and Slovenian. The spelling of English slave, closer to its original Slavic form, first appears in English in the 1500s. Slavs became slaves around the beginning of the ninth century when the Holy Roman Empire tried to stabilize a German-Slav frontier. By the 1100s, stabilization had given way to wars of expansion and extermination that did not end until 1410, when the Poles crushed the knights of the Teutonic Order at Grunwald in north-central Poland. · As far as the Slavs' own self-designation goes, its meaning is, understandably, better than "slave"; it comes from the Indo-European root *kleu-, whose basic meaning is "to hear" and occurs in many derivatives meaning "renown, fame." The Slavs are thus "the famous people." Slavic names ending in -slav incorporate the same word, such as Czech Bohu-slav, "God's fame," Russian Msti-slav, "vengeful fame," and Polish Stani-slaw, "famous for withstanding (enemies)."

American Heritage Dictionary, 5th ed.

Language Log » Slavs and slaves (upenn.edu)

These types of discoveries are entertaining, but there is one linkage that should be shouted from the rooftops. What relation merits such attention? The words “Slav” and” slave”. Specifically, the Latin root for “slave” also had a direct relation to the “Slavic” peoples.

Slavs, Slaves, and Slavery - Intercollegiate Studies Institute (isi.org)

• Like 1

You truly are entertaining. 

This is almost as good as your DEMAND that all Blacks leave California because Mexican migrants have settled in Southern portion of the state. 

Or that the troubles in Haiti can be solved by having folks on their half of Hispaniola reject beliefs in Christianity and adopt devotion to African spirits. 

I know it's most difficult for you to read explanations, but here is what Slav means: https://www.britannica.com/topic/Slav

Unlike you, I don't make things up. 

No. Are you stupid? The answer would be YES.

You have a runaway ego and think everything you write is perfect and must be browbeaten into others.

The problem is you rarely think.

And this is why you often sound like a petulant child few will pay attention to. 

You need to weigh your words before posting them. Or you will continue being comical.

On 1/23/2023 at 10:40 PM, Stefan said:

Pioneer, 

You should know I don't care what you think. You appear desperate for attention. But you're actually comic relief.

Lol....I'm not "desperate" for it, but I enjoy it.
Why else do you think I actually post on this message board?

If I didn't want any attention, I'd just be a lurker.

Now.......
Is there anything WRONG with wanting attention?

• Like 1