More Blacks are gonna die in the Middle East ... and for nothing!

Now that he is back in power, Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu is hoping he can convince President Biden to join an attack on Iran, ostensibly to stop Iran from building a nuke. 

Haven't we heard Bibi's bullcrap before? For two years, Netanyahu told reporters and correspondents that Saddam Hussein's Iraq was building a nuke. And that Iraq was filled with all sorts of dastardly Weapons of Mass Destruction. But Iraq was NOT building a nuke. And it did not have large stockpiles of WMD's. Because none were ever found. 

However, insistent Bibi was able to convince the U.S. news media, Right Wing Christians and warmongers in the West of his sincerity by holding numerous press conferences where he used a pointer on various maps and graphs to mask his real intentions:

Using the U.S. military in a series of wars and invasions to crush Israel's enemies. The first would be Iraq, then Syria and finally Iran. It was called "The Project for the New American Century" and it was not a conspiracy. If you've never heard this before you must have missed this on Ted Koppel's "Nightline." 

Here are two links:

The Project for the New American Century

https://www.wanttoknow.info/020907pnacprojectnewamericancentury

Know what worries me? As in the Iraq War, many Black and Latino Americans in the military will end up forfeiting their lives and their future health in this insane chit. While the ones who cheer sit safely on the sidelines. 

Thanks for posting this link regarding the Project for New American Century. It was as disturbing as it was insightful. We need to be concerned about foreign policy and politics. Black people cannot afford to disengage just focusing on self improvement and entrepreneurship alone.

We need to be sophisticated in our advocacy and voting to challenge politicians and elites committed to endless war and regime change. Furthermore we need to challenge our young people to rethink the notion that the military is a means of self improvement and economic opportunity.

The United States has ruined things in places like Iraq and Libiya through military intervention. We need to make sure that support for Ukraine against Russia doesn't escalate into a wider war that involves the US and NATO as well.  Foreign policy is a black issue because the military is full of young black people who will be disproportionate casualties in any war.

As for your initial concern about war with Iran we need black and progressive voices to call for change. I'm no expert but here's what I think :

1. Ease sanctions against Iran and revive the Obama era nuclear deal. 

2. Encourage peace and reconciliation between Shiite Iran and its largely Sunni Arab neighbors like Saudi Arabia which will ease tensions and lessen conflict.

3. Make it clear to Israel that the US opposes preemptive force against Iran and that American financial and military aid will be adversely affected by attacking Iran. 

We need to speak out against heated rhetoric by politicians of both parties that exacerbates conflict.

• Like 1

KENNETH

The United States has ruined things in places like Iraq and Libiya through military intervention.

Perhaps DESTABLIZATION was the plan anyway.

We need to make sure that support for Ukraine against Russia doesn't escalate into a wider war that involves the US and NATO as well.

1. I think it may be too late for that.

Infact...
As soon as Russia INVADED Ukraine a year ago, it was too late.

2. If one were to assume it wasn't too late, then how would one go about "making sure" that doesn't happen?

I wonder would you be able to articulate it as well as you did concerning averting conflict with Iran.

Interesting that Black folks should be concerned with the Middle East and other world affairs when 1) AfroAmericans cannot get America to atone for slavery and 2) predominantly Black countries cannot keep white countries from taking their resources and relegating them to 3rd world status.

Israel has been a US favored state since 1948. The US has committed to never let them suffer and to support whatever they choose to do in that region.

That's why nobody talks about the human rights abuses Israel commits against Ethiopian jews.

The whole idea of loving the oppressor and/or being empathic to them is insanity. 

As it relates to AfroAmericans in the US military, they voluntarily signed up to kill or be killed on behalf of America's interests.😎

I never said that Blacks should be interested in the Middle East. What I said is that more Blacks are going to die in the Middle East.

And this is due to another war pushed by Israel. I am not the first to say this. Plenty of others have as well. And it has little to do with anyone's personal interest. This is why I abhor those who post pseudo-history without any proof, fail to offer links and concentrate on crap like celebrities which does help the Black Community.

Kenneth, I applaud you for knowing about PNAC. Most don't and when it comes to the Middle East, they often generalize and posit little understanding of how we got where we are.

In 1979, Andrew Young was forced to resign as U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. in 1979 for meeting with a representative of the PLO.  African Americans were put on the defensive by angry supporters of Israel who said Blacks have no business discussing MidEast affairs. But Rev. Jesse Jackson pushed back and warned that African Americans have no choice but to be aware of what goes on the Middle East because their people will be among the first to die in that region's conflicts. 

I knew exactly what he was referring to.

Blacks join the U.S. military in high numbers, often as they decide their ultimate future or many sign up for a career. It was not a silly choice after the Vietnam War ended. That's when the U.S. military began airing commercials touting "Be ... All That You Can Be" along with promises of money for college which often eludes young Blacks and Latinos because of their financial constraints. So many Blacks, Latinos and poor Whites did sign up. 

But little did anyone know that Israel would begin championing total control of the Middle East. Likud Party officials began maneuvering behind the scenes in Washington, D.C., to get the U.S. to launch wars on behalf of Israel.

Even before George W. Bush took office in 2001, their allies in the U.S., (the NeoCons), openly admitted they wanted to replace Middle East dictatorial regimes with democracies.  One had to be a fool not to realize the countries NeoCons targeted -  Iraq, Syria, Iran and even Saudi Arabia, were enemies of Israel. 

The Neocons planned to begin with Saddam’s Iraq, seen as the weakest opponent, the elimination of which would pave the way for regime change elsewhere.  

They first took their plan, the PNAC to Bill Clinton who promptly told them to shove it. Pissed off, the NeoCons got Israeli Mossad agent Linda Tripp to coerce a love sick Monica Lewinsky to tell all about her semen stained dress. That move crippled Clinton for the rest of his presidency.

In comes Dubya, one of the dumbest men to become POTUS. Donald Trump is the most ignorant.

Dubya had no idea there were differences in beliefs between the Shi’ite and Sunni Muslims. By removing Saddam, who was a Sunni, Bush allowed the majority Shi’ites to gain control of Iraq. And the Shia immediately formed a tight link with their Shi’ite brethren who rule Iran.

About U.S. 4,550 military members and 3,793 contractors were killed in Iraq between March 2003 and October 2018, according to various databases I've perused. There is no racial breakdown of these numbers.

According to
Iraq Body Count, (https://www.iraqbodycount.org/) about 288,000 Iraqi civilians have been killed due to the U.S. invasion since 2001. Estimates by PLOS Medicine Journal suggested 405,000 civilian deaths since the U.S. invasion. That’s a little more than the population of Bakersfield, Calif.

The link is: https://journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/search?filterJournals=PLoSMedicine&q=iraq civilian deaths&utm_content=a&utm_campaign=ENG-467

But this is only part of the human real carnage. By taking out Saddam, al Qaeda had no real opposition and simply moved into Iraq. They’ve been there ever since and had an outsized influence in the creation of ISIS. Which has killed thousands of Black Africans in a never ending holy war against the West.

For those who may not know, ISIS in Iraq was initially comprised of Sunni Muslims who were forced out of power in Iraq by the U.S. military. They're not finished causing damage.

And Because Israel cannot possibly invade and occupy Iran, which is huge in land mass, it needs the U.S. 

That is what Jesse was warning about in 1979. Our people will likely be in the thick of this nonsense. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ProfD said:

That's why nobody talks about the human rights abuses Israel commits against Ethiopian jews.

Excellent observation.

I've heard so many accounts of the Israeli government actually STERILIZING Ethiopian Jewish women to keep their numbers low!

Israelis did not mistreat Ethiopian Jews after Israel they took the time to rescue many from the northeastern African nation. That was not the policy of the government. In fact, many Ethiopian Jews were greeted with raucous celebrations upon their arrival.

However, in the years since then, individual Israelis, mostly settlers, have taken it upon themselves to mistreat them. And in some cases, this mistreatment is brutal and humiliating. Despite this, some Ethiopian Jews have joined the Israeli Defense Forces and were awarded medals for their bravery in combat. 

Even Binyamin Netanyahu has praised them at times and demanded an end to the racism, harassment and criticism they face. This was during his first go-around as Prime Minister. 

Israel's Bibi gives props to Ethiopian Jews. demands end to racism

But Ethiopian Jews remain the poorest, least educated and are not offered the same opportunities as other Israelis. I have not read of any forced sterilization. But if you read about it, post a link to prove your claims.

There is little doubt that Palestinians are treated much worse than Ethiopian Jews.

Stefan

I have not read of any forced sterilization. But if you read about it, post a link to prove your claims.

1.  Ethiopian women in Israel 'given contraceptive without consent' | Israel | The Guardian
Ethiopian women in Israel 'given contraceptive without consent'

2. Israel Admits Ethiopian Women Were Given Birth Control Shots - Israel News - Haaretz.com

Israel Admits Ethiopian Women Were Given Birth Control Shots

3. Israel Forcibly Injected African Immigrants with Birth Control, Report Claims (forbes.com)
Israel Forcibly Injected African Immigrants with Birth Control, Report Claims

There is little doubt that Palestinians are treated much worse than Ethiopian Jews.

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but if it is....it still doesn't absolve the White Israelis for their mistreating fellow Jews of Ethiopian descent, does it?

9 hours ago, Stefan said:

I never said that Blacks should be interested in the Middle East. 

My response in that regard was not directed at your initial thread.  Topic worthy of discussion. 

For clarity, I should have quoted the post to which I was responding.

Otherwise, Israel as a Middle East presence backed by the US has been grown folks business for 3/4 of a century now.   

Israel can do no wrong especially as long as the US can rely on them to maintain and further its interests over there. 

As a result, the US will expend American taxpayer dollars and human capital to insure the stability,  prosperity and protection of Israel. 

As an AfroAmerican, maybe I'm jealous. As Ice Cube said in Boyz n da Hood about the relationship between his mother and brother, "she loved that fool more than she loved me."😁😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/15/2023 at 3:41 AM, Stefan said:

Know what worries me? As in the Iraq War, many Black and Latino Americans in the military will end up forfeiting their lives and their future health in this insane chit. While the ones who cheer sit safely on the sidelines. 

Reading about this leads me to now believe that would be part of the plan--to engage many Black and Latino Americans and put their lives in dire straits in this new deal. 

14 hours ago, ProfD said:

Interesting that Black folks should be concerned with the Middle East and other world affairs when 1) AfroAmericans cannot get America to atone for slavery and 2) predominantly Black countries cannot keep white countries from taking their resources and relegating them to 3rd world status.

Yes, this is my line of thought as well

14 hours ago, ProfD said:

As it relates to AfroAmericans in the US military, they voluntarily signed up to kill or be killed on behalf of America's interests.😎

Sometimes though, I think it is a conditioning and many believe that it is the right path to take and do not realize the negative consequences until they are deep in it. 

Many of them come back to America, if they can come back, and are damaged for life and at a very young age! 

9 hours ago, Stefan said:

In 1979, Andrew Young was forced to resign as U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. in 1979 for meeting with a representative of the PLO.  African Americans were put on the defensive by angry supporters of Israel who said Blacks have no business discussing MidEast affairs. But Rev. Jesse Jackson pushed back and warned that African Americans have no choice but to be aware of what goes on the Middle East because their people will be among the first to die in that region's conflicts. 

Yes! 

This is not a question of displaying keen interest. It is a matter of being aware.

Some people don't get having a passing interest in something such as me caring about women's fashion. I don't think about that. 

But I cannot get away from it since this topic, as well as photos pertaining to it, are all over the news media. 

• Like 1

Whether you felt compelled to do a thread on it because it was so popular, or you just found it interesting personally...who cares?

That's one of the things I love about America.....
Unless you're confined...everyone pretty much has the right to march to the beat of their OWN drum.

A little off subject but.....
I like older women, often much older than me.
Always did.
Even in my 20s I was hitting on and sleeping with women in their 50s  and older! (yes!)
Some would say "that's sick" or "she's old enough to be your grandmother"
But in America, as long as they were over 18 and consenting adults...you had the right to sleep with who you want as it SHOULD be.
Now things have changed a bit but I'm glad I live in a society where I can do ME and not be harassed or even punished over my preferences by traditionalists who feel men should ONLY be involved with women their age or younger.

Infact, speaking OF the Middle East.......
If I grew up in some of these Middle Eastern nations I would have probably gotten in trouble because I would have been EXPECTED to ignore women past a certain age....and they'd be the VERY ones I'd be chasing after...lol.
No competition and more for me...lol.

I bring all that up to say: everyone has their own personal desires and interests.
Even if we don't agree, as long as they don't directly harm the next person....they should be respected and protected.

@Pioneer1

Dude, just answer my questions.  You've already proven you're a dullard when it comes to current affairs.

Now, how many Blacks have left California because YOU demanded they do so?

How many Haitians have dropped their beliefs in Christianity to adopt worship of African spirits?

You don't think Blacks should run for elective office? 

Wes Moore is now Maryland's Governor. Unlike Arizona Republican phony Kari Lake, this guy actually won his gubernatorial race and was just inaugurated.

Wes Moore is Maryland's new Governor

• Haha 1

Stefan

Man are you SERIOUS with these strawman based questions?

You have a terrible habit of taking people's clearly stated assertions and positions and projecting them THROUGH your twisted mind-projector into the most extreme.

Dude, just answer my questions.  You've already proven you're a dullard when it comes to current affairs.

Now, how many Blacks have left California because YOU demanded they do so?

I'll answer that silly question AFTER you tell me how many Black folks have joined the Democrat party after YOU'VE demanded they do so unconditionally.

How many Haitians have dropped their beliefs in Christianity to adopt worship of African spirits?

I told you, enough to win the Haitian revolution of 1791.

You don't think Blacks should run for elective office? 

They say there are no stupid questions; but I beg to differ....lol.

Why would you even ASK me a stupid question like that?

I almost forgot, it's that distorted "projector" of yours.

Projectors & Screens » Sturmans Audiovisual