Happy Birthday, Dr. King

Well, @Stefan on that note, did you see the recent post about a statue that is deem to be controversial?

‘Woke’ MLK ‘penis’ statue insults black community: Coretta Scott King kin

“But then when it came out, a little boy pointed out — ‘That’s a penis!’ and everyone was like, ‘Yo, that’s a big old dong, man,” said the 43-year-old Oakland, Calif., resident.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/woke-mlk-penis-statue-insults-black-community-coretta-scott-king-kin/ar-AA16nA1v?li=BBnbfcL

I'm not sure what to think about this.

Will others, especially young children view this statue on the same wise?

Is the negative reaction correct in that this is an insult?

Now that I have read about this initial reaction, I do see it from that viewpoint.

What do you think?

Anyway, yes, this is a great man and I honor him today. 

5 hours ago, Chevdove said:

Well, @Stefan on that note, did you see the recent post about a statue that is deem to be controversial?

‘Woke’ MLK ‘penis’ statue insults black community: Coretta Scott King kin

“But then when it came out, a little boy pointed out — ‘That’s a penis!’ and everyone was like, ‘Yo, that’s a big old dong, man,” said the 43-year-old Oakland, Calif., resident.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/woke-mlk-penis-statue-insults-black-community-coretta-scott-king-kin/ar-AA16nA1v?li=BBnbfcL

I'm not sure what to think about this.

Will others, especially young children view this statue on the same wise?

Is the negative reaction correct in that this is an insult?

Now that I have read about this initial reaction, I do see it from that viewpoint.

What do you think?

Anyway, yes, this is a great man and I honor him today. 

Cousin of MLK Jr's wife Coretta Scott King blasts divisive new $10m Boston  sculpture honoring icon | Daily Mail Online

Well.............                                                        🙄 
I don't know what the hell that is but it certainly doesn't look like a penis to me!

Who on here has a peter that's made bent at a 100 degree angle like that?
If you do....I bet you aren't too popular with the ladies.

Most of the complaints over this sculpture came from White people, such as writers and editors of the New York Post. These are individuals who love to make excuses for the criminals and wrongdoing among Whites. 

However, they think they can lecture and determine what is good or bad for Black people.

I always ignore them. And no, the sculpture does not resemble a penis. 

@ProfD

I am with you.

BTW, those were not my pics. A good FB pal of mine dug those out. 

Just as I have been doing for years, he has been warning everyone about the deviousness and hatred that Republicans have for Blacks, Latinos and the working people of this country. It's shame that so many People of Color are fooled by them.