America Border Culture Dreamer: The Young Immigrant Experience from A to Z
by Wendy Ewald
Publication Date: Oct 16, 2018
List Price: $18.99
Format: Hardcover, 64 pages
Target Age Group: Early Reader
Imprint: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Publisher: Hachette Book Group
Parent Company: Hachette Livre
First- and second-generation immigrants to the US from all around the world collaborate with renowned photographer Wendy Ewald to create a stunning, surprising catalog of their experiences from A to Z.
In a unique collaboration with photographer and educator Wendy Ewald, eighteen immigrant teenagers create an alphabet defining their experiences in pictures and words. Wendy helped the teenagers pose for and design the photographs, interviewing them along the way about their own journeys and perspectives. America Border Culture Dreamer presents Wendy and the students’ poignant and powerful images and definitions along with their personal stories of change, hardship, and hope. Created in a collaboration with Al-Bustan Seeds of Culture, this book casts a new light on the crucial, under-heard voices of teenage immigrants themselves, making a vital contribution to the timely national conversation about immigration in America.
- Juvenile Nonfiction / History / United States / 21St Century
- Juvenile Nonfiction / People & Places / United States / General
- Juvenile Nonfiction / Social Science / Customs, Traditions, Anthropology
- Juvenile Nonfiction / Social Topics / Emigration & Immigration
- Juvenile Nonfiction / Social Topics / Prejudice & Racism