by Taye Diggs, Illustrated by Shane W. Evans
- A Top 150 Children’s Book
- A 2022 Top 100 Recommended Children’s Book
- 14 Time AALBC.com Bestselling Book!
Publication Date: Oct 06, 2015
List Price: $7.99
Format: Paperback, 40 pages
Target Age Group: Picture Book
Imprint: Square Fish
Publisher: Macmillan Publishers
Parent Company: Holtzbrinck Publishing Group
Borrow from Library
The boy is teased for looking different than the other kids. His skin is darker, his hair curlier. He tells his mother he wishes he could be more like everyone else. And she helps him to see how beautiful he really, truly is.
For years before they both achieved acclaim in their respective professions, good friends Taye Diggs and Shane W. Evans wanted to collaborate on Chocolate Me!, a book based on experiences of feeling different and trying to fit in as kids. Now, both men are fathers and see more than ever the need for a picture book that encourages all people, especially kids, to love themselves.
- Juvenile Fiction / Social Themes / Emotions & Feelings
- Juvenile Fiction / Social Themes / Prejudice & Racism
- Juvenile Fiction / Social Themes / Self-Esteem & Self-Reliance