Get Over ’i Got It’: How to Stop Playing Superwoman, Get Support, and Remember That Having It All Doesn’t Mean Doing It All Alone
by Elayne Fluker
Publication Date: May 11, 2021
List Price: $19.99
Format: Paperback, 288 pages
Imprint: HarperCollins Leadership
Parent Company: News Corporation
Too many ambitious women strive to accomplish all their goals alone, leading to dangerous levels of stress and anxiety. Learn how a strong support network and meaningful connections are crucial not only to your long-term success, but to your peace of mind.
Today’s women are ambitious and excelling in every way. But many still believe that asking for help along the journey is a sign of weakness, ignorance, or incompetence, so they go it alone.
Author and podcaster Elayne Fluker believes this mindset is partially responsible for the increase in suicide rates for girls and women and the reason so many women end up depressed, overwhelmed, isolated and unfulfilled. To combat this alarming trend, Fluker helps women learn how to build their own networks, make meaningful connections, and understand how even some of the most successful women in the world, like Oprah Winfrey and Spanx founder Sara Blakely, had tremendous support networks that helped them achieve their dreams.
Get Over "I Got It"
- Shares the lessons Fluker learned throughout her own struggles with learning how to ask for and accept support.
- Provides anecdotes from women professionals, interviews with health professionals, and current research demonstrating the tangible ways women can ditch the dangerous go-it-alone philosophy.
- Offers proven, real-world ways for women to embrace the proven health and career benefits of a stronger-together approach.
Ultimately, this book helps women overcome their psychological hurdles to asking for help, giving them a surefire strategy—and the confidence—to seek support. They’ll then be positioned to join other women’s support networks, uplifting them in a way that will transform both individual lives and communities.
- Business & Economics / Business Communication / General
- Business & Economics / Entrepreneurship
- Business & Economics / Leadership
- Business & Economics / Personal Success