This book provides a new interpretation of the life of W.E.B. Du Bois, one of the most important African -American scholars and thinkers of the twentieth century.
• Provides a comprehensive overview of the life and times of W.E.B. Du Bois
• Takes an interdisciplinary approach to his life and works
• Traces his radicalization over time
• Pays particular attention to the effects of the Cold War and anticommunism on his philosophy
• Provides key primary documents with explanations of their significance
- Biography & Autobiography / Cultural, Ethnic & Regional / General
- Biography & Autobiography / Historical
- Biography & Autobiography / Social Activists
- History / African American
- History / United States / 20th Century
Tell us what do you think about W.E.B. Du Bois: A Life in American History.