Let It Shine: Stories of Black Women Freedom Fighters
by Andrea Davis Pinkney
Publication Date: Sep 01, 2000
List Price: $20.00
Format: Hardcover, 120 pages
Imprint: Gulliver Books
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Parent Company: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Borrow from Library
Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat on a bus and sparked a boycott that changed America. Harriet Tubman helped more than three hundred slaves escape the South on the Underground Railroad. Shirley Chisholm became the first black woman elected to the U.S. House of Representatives. The lives these women led are part of an incredible story about courage in the face of oppression; about the challenges and triumphs of the battle for civil rights; and about speaking out for what you believe in—even when it feels like no one is listening. Andrea Davis Pinkney’s moving text and Stephen Alcorn’s glorious portraits celebrate the lives of ten bold women who lit the path to freedom for generations.
- Juvenile Nonfiction / Biography & Autobiography / Cultural Heritage
- Juvenile Nonfiction / Biography & Autobiography / Historical
- Juvenile Nonfiction / Biography & Autobiography / Political
- Juvenile Nonfiction / Biography & Autobiography / Women
- Juvenile Nonfiction / People & Places / United States / African American
Tell us what do you think about Let It Shine: Stories of Black Women Freedom Fighters.