Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History
by Vashti Harrison
Publication Date: Dec 05, 2017
List Price: $16.99
Format: Hardcover, 96 pages
Target Age Group: Middle Grade
Imprint: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Publisher: Hachette Book Group
Parent Company: Lagardère Group
This beautifully illustrated book introduces reader of all ages to 40 women who changed the world.
Featuring forty trailblazing black women in American history, Little Leaders educates and inspires as it relates true stories of breaking boundaries and achieving beyond expectations. Illuminating text paired with irresistible illustrations bring to life both iconic and lesser-known female figures of Black history such as abolitionist Sojourner Truth, pilot Bessie Coleman, chemist Alice Ball, politician Shirley Chisholm, mathematician Katherine Johnson, poet Maya Angelou, and filmmaker Julie Dash.
Among these biographies, readers will find heroes, role models, and everyday women who did extraordinary things - bold women whose actions and beliefs contributed to making the world better for generations of girls and women to come. Whether they were putting pen to paper, soaring through the air or speaking up for the rights of others, the women profiled in these pages were all taking a stand against a world that didn’t always accept them.
The leaders in this book may be little, but they all did something big and amazing, inspiring generations to come.
- Juvenile Nonfiction / Biography & Autobiography / Historical
- Juvenile Nonfiction / Biography & Autobiography / Women
- Juvenile Nonfiction / History / United States / 19Th Century
- Juvenile Nonfiction / History / United States / 20Th Century
- Juvenile Nonfiction / History / United States / 21St Century
- Juvenile Nonfiction / People & Places / United States / African American