The People Could Fly Picture Book
by Virginia Hamilton, Illustrated by Leo & Diane Dillon
- A Top 10 Book in the “Black Fairy Tale Books” Category
- A Top 150 African-American Children’s Book
- 3 Time AALBC.com Bestselling Book!
- Coretta Scott King Award Winning Book 1986
Publication Date: Sep 11, 2007
List Price: $17.99
Format: Hardcover, 32 pages
Imprint: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Publisher: Penguin Random House
Parent Company: Bertelsmann and Pearson PLC
Borrow from Library
LEO AND DIANE DILLON’S award-winning picture book interpretation of Newbery Medalist Virginia Hamilton’s beloved tale now includes an unforgettable word-for-word CD narration by James Earl Jones and Virginia Hamilton. This tale of slaves who could fly to freedom offered hope in the darkly brutal times of slavery. "That is what Virginia Hamilton set out to show, what the Dillons have so astutely expounded on and what ultimately makes this version of ’People’ so powerful. Think of it as a triad of words, pictures, and storytelling." - New York Times Book Review
An elegant gift for reading, looking, and listening.
- Juvenile Fiction / Fairy Tales & Folklore / Anthologies
- Juvenile Fiction / People & Places / United States / African American
Tell us what do you think about The People Could Fly Picture Book.