Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush
by Virginia Hamilton
- Coretta Scott King Award Winning Book 1983
- Honored by the National Book Foundation in 1983
- Newbery Medal Winner or Honor 1983
Publication Date: Jan 09, 2001
List Price: $8.99
Format: Paperback, 224 pages
Target Age Group: Young Adult
Parent Company: News Corporation
Borrow from Library
Why had he come to her, with his dark secrets from a long-ago past? What was the purpose of their strange, haunting journeys back into her own childhood? Was it to help Dab, her retarded older brother, wracked with mysterious pain who sometimes took more care and love than Tree had to give? Was it for her mother, Vy, who loved them the best she knew how, but wasn’t home enough to ease the terrible longing?Whatever secrets his whispered message held, Tree knew she must follow. She must follow Brother Rush through the magic mirror, and find out the truth. About all of them.
- Young Adult Fiction / Family / Siblings
- Young Adult Fiction / People & Places / United States / African American
Tell us what do you think about Sweet Whispers, Brother Rush.