A Sky Full of Stars
by Linda Williams Jackson
Publication Date: Jan 02, 2018
List Price: $16.99
Format: Hardcover, 320 pages
Imprint: HMH Books for Young Readers
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Parent Company: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Borrow from Library
After the murder of Emmett Till, thirteen-year-old Rose is struggling with her decision to stay in Mississippi. Torn between the opinions of Shorty, a boy who wants to meet violence with violence, and Hallelujah, her best friend who believes in the power of peaceful protests, Rose is scared of the mounting racial tension and is starting to lose hope. But when Rose helps Aunt Ruthie start her own business, she begins to see how she can make a difference in her community. Life might be easier in the North, but Mississippi is home and that’s worth fighting for. Mid-Century Mississippi comes alive in this sequel to Midnight Without a Moon.
- Juvenile Fiction / Family / General
- Juvenile Fiction / Historical / United States / 20Th Century
- Juvenile Fiction / People & Places / United States / African American
- Juvenile Fiction / Social Themes / Friendship
- Juvenile Fiction / Social Themes / Prejudice & Racism
Tell us what do you think about A Sky Full of Stars.