In the spirit of Tony Abbott’s Underworld books, comes the new kid on the block - Barkari Katari Johnson!
Shy fourth-grader Bakari Katari Johnson is having a bad day. He's always coming up against Tariq Thomas, the most popular kid in their class, and today is no different. On top of that, Bakari has found a strange ring that appears to have magical powers—and the people from the ring's fantastical other world want it back! Can Bakari and his best friend Wardell stave off the intruders' attempts, keep the ring safe, and stand up to Tariq and his pal Keisha, all before the school bell rings? Media celebrity and Essence Magazine entertainment producer, Patrik Henry Bass delivers adventure, fun, fantasy and friendship in this illustrated action-packed adventure starring an African American boy hero and his classmates.
- Juvenile Fiction / Action & Adventure / General
- Juvenile Fiction / Fantasy & Magic
- Juvenile Fiction / People & Places / United States / African American
- Juvenile Fiction / Social Themes / Bullying
- Juvenile Fiction / Social Themes / Friendship
Tell us what do you think about The Zero Degree Zombie Zone.