It’s tough being the new kid at Carver Elementary. Gavin had lots of friends at his old school, but the kids here don’t even know that he’s pretty good at skateboarding, or how awesome he is at soccer. And when his classmate Richard comes over and the boys end up in trouble, not only does Gavin risk losing his one new friend, he has to take care of his great aunt Myrtle’s horrible little dog as punishment.
To make matters worse, Gavin seems to have attracted the attention of the school bully. Will he be able to avoid getting pounded at the skate park? And how is he ever going to prove he’s cool with a yappy little Pomeranian wearing a pink bow at his side?
- Juvenile Fiction / Animals / Dogs
- Juvenile Fiction / Family / Multigenerational
- Juvenile Fiction / Humorous Stories
- Juvenile Fiction / People & Places / United States / African American
- Juvenile Fiction / Readers / Chapter Books
- Juvenile Fiction / School & Education
- Juvenile Fiction / Social Themes / General
- Juvenile Fiction / Sports & Recreation / Skateboarding
Tell us what do you think about Dog Days: The Carver Chronicles, Book One.