Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
by Mildred D. Taylor, Illustrated by Kadir Nelson
- A Top 130 African-American Children’s Book
- 3 Time AALBC.com Bestselling Book!
- Coretta Scott King Award Winning Book 1977
Publication Date: Jan 05, 2016
List Price: $18.99 (store prices may vary)
Age: 8 - 12 years
Page Count: 304
Imprint: Dial Books for Young Readers
Publisher: Penguin Random House
Parent Company: Bertelsmann and Pearson PLC
A stunning repackage of Mildred D. Taylor’s Newbery Award-winning masterpiece with cover art by two-time Caldecott Honor Award winner Kadir Nelson and an introduction by Jacqueline Woodson, just in time for its 40th Anniversary!
Set in Mississippi at the height of the Depression, this is the story of one family’s struggle to maintain their integrity, pride, and independence in the face of racism and social injustice. And it is also Cassie’s story—Cassie Logan, an independent girl who discovers over the course of an important year why having land of their own is so crucial to the Logan family, even as she learns to draw strength from her own sense of dignity and self-respect.
Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry also won the following awards and honors:
- Newbery Medal winner
- A National Book Award Nominee
- American Book Award Honor Book
- An ALA Notable Book
- A NCSS-CBC Notable Children s Trade Book in the Field of Social Studies
- A Boston Globe-Horn Book Award Honor Book
More books like Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry may be found by selecting the categories below:
- Juvenile Fiction / Historical / United States / 20Th Century
- Juvenile Fiction / People & Places / United States / African American
- Juvenile Fiction / Social Themes / Prejudice & Racism
Tell us what do you think about Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry.