Policing Black Bodies: How Black Lives Are Surveilled and How to Work for Change
by Angela Hattery and Earl Smith
Publication Date: Dec 15, 2017
List Price: $34.00
Format: Hardcover, 288 pages
Imprint: Rowman & Littlefield
Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield
Parent Company: Rowman & Littlefield
Borrow from Library
Policing Black Bodies walks readers through critical issues facing African Americans in the criminal justice system—from police brutality to exoneration and re-entry. Synthesizing the latest research with their own data, Hattery and Smith review the history of policing African Americans, explore current issues, and offer recommendations for change.
- Political Science / Law Enforcement
- Social Science / Criminology
- Social Science / Discrimination & Race Relations
- Social Science / Ethnic Studies / African American Studies
- Social Science / Minority Studies
Tell us what do you think about Policing Black Bodies: How Black Lives Are Surveilled and How to Work for Change.