Bedtime for Sweet Creatures
by Nikki Grimes, Illustrated by Elizabeth Zunon
- A 2022 Top 100 Recommended Children’s Book
- 5 Time AALBC.com Bestselling Book!
- A Best African American Picture Book for 2020
Publication Date: Jan 14, 2020
List Price: $17.99
Format: Hardcover, 32 pages
Target Age Group: Picture Book
Imprint: Sourcebooks Jabberwocky
Parent Company: Sourcebooks
"[A] rhythmic, playful romp through a restless child’s bedtime routine… a loving, effective lullaby."—Publishers Weekly, STARRED review
A sweet bedtime story from the award-winning author Nikki Grimes about a mother, her little boy, and their imagination-fueled and animal filled journey to get to sleep.
It’s bedtime. But Mommy’s little one is not sleepy.
He growls like a bear, he questions like an owl, he tosses his mane like a lion. He hunts for water like a sly wolf, and hides like a snake.
Mommy needs to wrangle her sweet creature for sleep in this endearing and imagination-fueled journey to bedtime, from Children’s Literature Legacy Award-winning author Nikki Grimes and acclaimed illustrator Elizabeth Zunon.
"The mother’s loving understanding is demonstrated by how she works with her child’s rich imagination, never slipping into admonishment. As such, children will engage with the pajama-clad tot’s antics and be soothed by the book’s positive tone. A fabulous interpretation of an everyday battle."—Booklist, STARRED review
- Juvenile Fiction / Animals / General
- Juvenile Fiction / Bedtime & Dreams
- Juvenile Fiction / Imagination & Play
- Juvenile Fiction / People & Places / United States / African American
- Juvenile Fiction / Poetry