FROM PREPARATION TO CELEBRATION,
MAKE YOUR KWANZAA A FAMILY TRADITION!
Traditionally, Kwanzaa brings family, friends, and the community together for a winter celebration. But Kwanzaa can be a part of your life year-round. Steeped in cultural richness, Kwanzaa is observed by millions of people of African descent who observe it for its seven inspiring, unifying principles. Whether you’re a first-time celebrant or a seasoned veteran, here is a must-have reference for making Kwanzaa special for you and your loved ones—whatever your faith or belief system. With this book, you’ll learn:
* Planning for daily observance and festive gatherings
* The seven principles at the heart of Kwanzaa
* How to involve everyone in your Karamu (feast)
* Recipes for traditional dishes you can make at home
* Zawadi (gifts) that reflect your values
* Popular Kwanzaa songs—and even one Kwanzaa rap
* Where to find the best Kwanzaa accessories
. . . . And much more! Let Kwanzaa: From Holiday to Every Day show you how to turn your Kwanzaa observance into a way of life that will enrich your family, friends, and community.
“Of the several books on Kwanzaa, few are invested with such utility as Maitefa Angaza’s thorough-going discussion and analysis . . . a meaningful, wonderful guide.”
—Herb Boyd, author of Black Detroit: A People’s History of Self-Determination
More books like Kwanzaa: From Holiday to Every Day may be found by selecting the categories below:
- Religion / Holidays / General
- Social Science / Ethnic Studies / African American Studies
- Social Science / Holidays (Non-Religious)
Tell us what do you think about Kwanzaa: From Holiday to Every Day.