Letters to a Young Sister: DeFINE Your Destiny
by Hill Harper
Publication Date: May 05, 2009
Page Count: 304
Publisher: Penguin Random House
Parent Company: Bertelsmann and Pearson PLC
• Does life sometimes seem so much harder for girls?
• Do you ever feel insecure, pressured, or confused?
• Do you wish you had someone to give you honest advice on topics like boys, school, family, and pursuing your dreams?
• Do you want to make a positive impact on the world, but don't even know how to begin?
In the follow-up to his award winning national bestseller, Letters to a Young Brother, actor and star of CSI: NY shares powerful wisdom for young women everywhere, drawing on the courageous advice of the female role models who transformed his life.
Letters to a Young Sister unfolds as a series of letters written by older brother Hill to a universal young sister. She's up against the same challenges as every young woman: from relating to her parents and dealing with peer pressure, to juggling schoolwork and crushes and keeping faith in the face of heartache. Hill offers guidance, encouragement, personal stories, and asks his female friends to help answer some truly tough questions. Every young sister needs to know that it's okay to dream big and to deFINE her own destiny. This is a book that will educate, uplift and inspire.
- Juvenile Nonfiction / Girls & Women
- Juvenile Nonfiction / People & Places / United States / African American
Tell us what do you think about Letters to a Young Sister: DeFINE Your Destiny.