by Mariahadessa Ekere Tallie, Illustrated by Ashleigh Corrin
- A Top 150 African-American Children’s Book
- 3 Time AALBC.com Bestselling Book!
- Ezra Jack Keats Award Winning, or Honored, Book
Publication Date: Nov 19, 2019
List Price: $17.95
Format: Hardcover, 48 pages
Target Age Group: Picture Book
Imprint: Enchanted Lion Books
Publisher: Enchanted Lion Books
Parent Company: Enchanted Lion Books
Borrow from Library
Winner Ezra Jack Keats Award for Illustration and 2020 Ezra Jack Keats Writer Honor Book for 2020!
Seven-year-old Layla loves life! So she keeps a happiness book. What is happiness for her? For you?
Spirited and observant, Layla’s a child who’s been given room to grow, making happiness both thoughtful and intimate. It’s her dad talking about growing-up in South Carolina; her mom reading poetry; her best friend Juan, the community garden, and so much more. Written by poet Mariahadessa Ekere Tallie and illustrated by Ashleigh Corrin, this is a story of flourishing within family and community.
- Juvenile Fiction / Nature & The Natural World / General
- Juvenile Fiction / Poetry
- Juvenile Fiction / Social Themes / Emotions & Feelings
- Juvenile Fiction / Social Themes / Friendship
Tell us what do you think about Layla’s Happiness.