Henry Ossian Flipper (21 March 1856 - 3 May 1940) was an American soldier, former slave, and the first African American to graduate from the United States Military Academy at West Point in 1877, earning a commission as a 2nd Lieutenant in the US Army.
- Biography & Autobiography / Cultural, Ethnic & Regional / General
- Biography & Autobiography / Military
- Biography & Autobiography / Personal Memoirs
- History / Military / United States
- Social Science / Black Studies (Global)
Tell us what do you think about The Colored Cadet at West Point.