But we won’t forget.

Their laugh, their smile,

Their face, their grace.

Your loved one is gone,

But we won’t forget.

The good times, the bad times,

The fears, the tears.

© EH 9-11-01

http://www.cheerios.com/promotions/begin/Default.aspx B)

Guest Nubianpoet

Ladies, they just accepted my poem, "Sisterhood" YIPPEE!! :P

SUBMISSIONS OPEN THROUGH MARCH 15, 2010

Please read guidelines below!

Submissions are now open for Issue #6. The theme is "Women."

That is, the poem should be about a woman or women.

GENERAL GUIDELINES: The nuts and bolts

Nuts:

The selection process is admittedly totally subjective, so let me tell you a bit about what I'm hoping to read: original, thought-provoking, personal work that is of interest to intelligent, grown women (and men who are evolved enough to appreciate us).

Poetry and memoir only, please! Obvious song or rap lyrics are not wanted. Religious poetry is not desired, but poems with a sense of spiritualism, humanism, womanism...yes, please. Social commentary that reveals a personal opinion or involvement is also welcome under the MoJo! definition of flash memoir.

Journalism and fiction will not be read or accepted.

I am not looking for stiff, technically perfect work. On the other hand, would it kill a sister to proofread? I think not, so try not to make me crazier than I am with typos and a complete lack of regard for the English language. Four-letter words or otherwise offensive material will not be appreciated, much less published.

A regional slant is entirely welcome.

Bolts:

FLASH MEMOIR: Please submit under 1,000 (true) words.

For MoJo! purposes, "Flash Memoir" is primarily a short but complete first-person narrative, under 1,000 words, depicting an actual event in the author's life. Social commentary with a "life as I see it, based on my own experiences" element is also acceptable.

I like reader-friendly narratives that have a beginning, middle, and end, so unless you're the next Toni Morrison, kindly save that postmodern and surreal jazz for a lofty or super-hip publication, one that publishes fiction.

POETRY: Please submit 1-6 poems (shorter is better).

I'd rather not read rigid, rhyme-y poetry, thank you. Rhythm is good.

IMPORTANT PESKY DETAILS:

1. You must be over 18 (or the legal age of majority in your state) to submit.

2. Simultaneous submissions will be considered, but let me know as soon as your work is accepted elsewhere. MoJo! will not publish work that currently appears in another literary journal, etc.

2. Paste your submission into the body of the e-mail, and keep a copy. Attachments will be deleted.

3. Kindly do not inquire about your submission until a week after deadline. (Send an e-mail to make sure it was received if you haven't heard by then.) I read crazy-fast. Trust me, I'm on task.

4. Give the work a title. "Untitled" has been done.

5. Write your Full Name, City, and State at the top of the message. Keep a copy of your work. A short bio and a link to your writer's blog or website would be nice, but neither is required. (If you're bio is "I'm 21 and work at Target," or "I'm 70 and have never had a job outside of the home," cool. Write that.)

Your name and city/state will be published with your work.

6. Your work does not have to reflect a "Black theme"--whatever that is--just your own voice. This publication aims to celebrate the spirit of our individual and collective experiences and represent the complexities of race, class, and gender. Write about wallpaper if it pleases you and makes a good, thought-provoking poem.

7. Relax. Queries are just as welcome as submissions. Address both to: mojoeditor@yahoo.com

Ladies & Gents, I hope you enjoy my article: "Dear Women."

http://mojowriters.weebly.com/index.html

Enjoyed your article! During several years of my serving on a local Domestic Violence Council, I

would have shared your article to inspire many... I am glad you will continue to inspire many.

Remembrance

Your loved one is gone,

But we won’t forget.

Their laugh, their smile,

Their face, their grace.

Your loved one is gone,

But we won’t forget.

The good times, the bad times,

The fears, the tears.

© EH 9-11-01

Took me back to a painful time... We can not forget. Enjoyed!

http://www.cheerios.com/promotions/begin/Default.aspx B)

Guest Nubianpoet

WE can't win them all!!!! JRO, people like yourself, make me feel good that I am a writer, thank u!

Headed home this week 2 my Buckeye state, GO Buckeyes or Xavier in the March Madness!!!!! ;)

Dear Eve,

Thank you very much for your submissions to Sparkbright. I would like to apologise for the delay in replying to you, and to thank you for your patience. Although I enjoyed reading your poems, they weren't quite right for us this time.

However, your writing was very strong, and I would encourage you to submit to us again in the future.

Best wishes,

Emily Smith

Editor, Sparkbright magazine