GHETTOHEAT FLASH: 2

Peace & GHETTOHEAT®!

What’s good, worldwide? :0) Allow me to reintroduce myself. My name is #HICKSON, & baby, I’m most definitely like no other: I’m Black Excellence! While homeless, seriously struggling spiritually, financially & emotionally with major issues, personally & professionally (quitting the fashion industry the day before 9/11), I’d created an extraordinary, independent publishing company in the process on June 4, 2003, & wrote an amazing poetry book, also: both produced by happenstance, both titled GHETTOHEAT®! Circumstances forced me to quickly take the streets nationwide by storm, persistently pushing the book & company simultaneously, single-handedly (touring at street vendors’ venues, mom & pop shops, independent book stores, & at major chain stores), before doing so worldwide online—vigorously promoting literacy to everyone across the globe I’d encountered. In 2005, I was blessed to sign various unknown writers who are now published authors at GHETTOHEAT®, producing powerful, purposeful novels that have become great literary classics (two landed upon Essence Magazine’s Bestsellers’ List): CONVICT’S CANDY, HARDER, AND GOD CREATED WOMAN, LONDON REIGN, SONZ OF DARKNESS & TANTRUM—all which are different genres & riveting reads (thanks to all who’ve purchased & read my GHETTOHEAT® titles, worldwide! I appreciate it & you wholeheartedly, always!).

Yet, with all things going phenomenally well when on a great path, there’s always something or someone unexpectedly, “lurking around the corner”…. Unfortunately as I turned mine, I got seriously “sucker-punched”—several times, in many terrible ways, not expecting brutal blows: especially from family…friends I’d also claimed as family…others I’d embraced as family…clients here whom I’ve gone beyond the distance & contractual agreements for…& several nationwide that I’d personally helped within the publishing industry: ones owing me many thousands of dollars, people, “in my opinion, & only in my opinion”, doing unscrupulous things to advance &/or sustain within the industry, during challenging, turbulent times; while fighting me for fighting for what’s rightfully mine…. What’s mine is mine—I worked hard, & continuously work hard for mine. I’ll be collecting mine as they fight. Yet, I’m a champion & a contender,
who never gives up in a fight, who never backs down in a fight, who’ll knock others out in a fight: even when not wanting to fight….

Though situations were severely stressful, frustrating, unnerving & devastating, I never dwelled or became stagnated: I remained focused, emerged myself in work, & kept it moving; & moving fast—at times, too fast! From September 5, 2003 to December 24, 2012, I’d done over 1100 book signing events under extreme measures (the recession, a poor economy globally, volatile markets, thousands of bookstore closures nationwide, a major chain store ordering & selling many GHETTOHEAT® books & claiming bankruptcy after selling all: then reordered from a prepaid account afterwards, street vendors & independent stores not submitting payments for sold books given on consignment, becoming homeless again, dealing with shady antics & tactics from unsavory clients who I’d monetarily advanced, solely running GHETTOHEAT® & touring simultaneously while suffering from fatigue & sleep deprivation: leading to 4 panic attacks in 3 days, attacks which I never experienced in my life.). But through it all, I smiled each time at every book event, greeted all patrons, shook many hands, gave lots of warm hugs, even slid a few kisses on the cheek to strangers who supported me more than my own people: which is usually the case I’ve learned over the years, in the scheme of being a starving artist (you should never have to beg your own people to support you!)…& most importantly, I sold out at all book signings, except the last event: 2 books remained unsold out of 507! HICKSON hustles! Ask about me: they’ll tell you….

After my last book event on Christmas Eve in 2012, at a bookstore that closed shortly after my visit, I knew things had to change: starting with myself…. Things were moving too fast—I was dealing with way too much on multiple levels & going through the motions; while dealing with unnecessary dramas from signed artists & clients, & the many industry changes set before me. Like President Obama indicated in his campaign, “Change is coming”, & it did. Yet, instead of trying to do all on my own as before, being very independent, proud & self sufficient, I humbly asked for help: I called out to GOD, my Heavenly Father, & asked him to “fix things”. HE did! Not all when I wanted HIM to, but at HIS time: at GODSPEED, a pace I now solely rely & operate on: & no one else’s, anymore…. I totally took a step back & saw GOD making major changes before me, while forcing me to do the same rapidly, personally & professionally. I did…& besides unresolved issues that’s still pending at GHETTOHEAT®, I’m not concerned with the past: I’ve left everything where it belongs—behind me! I also took 1 step back to take 100 giant leaps forward. Not touring for almost 3 years gave much time to reflect, reevaluate, regroup, recharge & now, reconnect with all worldwide: THE GHETTOHEAT® MOVEMENT, original supporters from 2003, & with newer ones added today! :0) & I’m very happy about the many platforms I’ve created to connect globally with you all (make sure you’re following all of my accounts on most major social media networks—see links below)!   

Things here aren’t perfect of course (& never will be), & there’s so much more to do to achieve the goals I’ve set, yet looking at all from my perspective, I’m far from work in progress, folks, I’m progress at work! :0) As for fighting, I no longer have the urge or desire to go toe-to-toe with others anymore, whatsoever, I’ve given it all to GOD, as well as my legal defense team: they fight my battles, while I do my gig at GHETTOHEAT® & GHETTOHEAT® TV—being a boss doing big business; the original concept. Until we connect again, beloved, be good to yourself: I’m doing my best to do the same! :0) Take care, & be well! *HUGS….*

#CHILDOFGOD #CEOOFGHETTOHEAT #HICKSONHOTNESS #AUTHOR #EDITOR #POET #WRITER #PUBLISHER #OWNER #EXECUTIVEPRODUCER #CREATIVEDIRECTOR #BRANDMANAGER #VISIONARY #BLOGGER #VLOGGER #SOCIALMEDIASTRATEGIST #GUERRILLAMARKETING #PROMOTER #HICKSONBELIKE #GHETTOHEATBOOKS #GHETTOHEATMAGAZINE #GHETTOHEATTV #GHETTOHEATPRODUCTION #GHETTOHEATMOVEMENT #GHETTOHEATHOTNESS #GHETTOHEATWORLDWIDE #IAMGHETTOHEAT #MRGHETTOHEAT