Black Women are Always so angry - Truth, Excuse or Somthing else

Guest Dee Miller

Guest Dee Miller

I'd like to give you a glimpse into my next book. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. 

Dear Society,

Why are Black Women always so angry?’  One evening, while I was channel flipping in hopes of finding a comedy, a documentary, a lecture about something positive – anything on the upswing, I heard those words, and that did it for me!  I decided to write a book in article form because I have much to say, but in different light relative to the alleged angry black woman. 

Article I excerpt - Truth, Excuse or Something else

This book of narrative, non-fictional articles takes you on an educational and emotional journey of my life and my experiences as an alleged ‘Angry Black Woman’.  Guess what Society - It takes a Pimp to know one!   Word on the street is that, you are only Six Degrees from knowing who I am. Have we met?

Article II excerpt  - The Geographic Angry Black Woman

My journey through adulthood has taught me a lot about perception and stereotype and reminds me of an exercise that I performed as Diversity Champion of a major corporate company.  The exercise consisted of a lecture, interactive discussion and class participation in which the attendees were asked to read a group of words on several sheets of paper posted  around the room and to identify what race of people they felt fit that category of words. Sheet One: Gang member, welfare, food stamps, small time thief, likely to end up in jail or dead.  Sheet Two: Most likely to succeed, Track star, computer programmer, honor student, volunteer, Big Sister, team captain.  

African Americans were often listed on sheet one while whites, Indians monopolized  sheet two.  The room was stunned to learn that Sheet One + Sheet Two = ME.  What do you see when you look in the mirror – truth, excuse or something else? 

Article III excerpt - Why I love you so much

I love you so much because I can see it in your beautiful eyes – Your determination, your fight, your struggle, your perseverance.  That spirit that measures your man-hood, that defies defeat -  that spirit in which your mother’s breasts nourished you for what’s to come -  begging quietly to be heard and to be given a chance, and praying that you’ll make it home alive.   My heart bursts at the thought of your strength.  I admire your endurance, humility and humble spiritTell me, how can I possibly be an angry black woman when I love you so much?  

Other Articles:

Angry black woman and the family dynamic

White paper, Black Ink, Color Pencils

Me and my Angry Black Mother

It takes a Pimp to know one

Six Degrees from knowing who I am

Beauty and the Twenty-Dollar bill

Almost There

Black Night, Black room, Black sky and The Angry Black Woman

Poems

I'm in Love with my Sexy

I Don't fit the Script

I Am

Who are You am I

Almost There

40 Years, 7 Days Two Hours and a Kiss

I have, finally, learned to lift my headlove my kinky hair, big lips and voluptuous ass, and I oil my beautiful black skin so it shimmers in delight while looking society straight in the eye and saying, ‘It’s not me, it’s you!’ 

This book of articles also enables me to share my expressive art work & poetry inviting you to feel my soul.

Signed,

A Non-Angry Black Woman

P

• Like 2