Book Review Request: Of Captivity & Kings

Hello AALBC Members! 

I recently self-published my debut novel, Of Captivity & Kings, the first installment of the historical fiction series. It was inspired by the ancient Kingdom of Kush, migration, the Sao civilization, and the fall of Meroë. Of Captivity & Kings captures a variety of characters involved in the luxury trade, the growing desert climate, religious persecution, and a rising slave trade in 4th Century Africa. I’ve posted some of the information below as well as a brief synopsis and would love to be considered for AALBC’s book review! Thank you in advance for your consideration. 

Title: Of Captivity & Kings

Author: E.Y. Laster

ISBN: 978-0998844121

Published: May 26, 2017

Image:

Synopsis: The laws are different in the Kushite ruled Kingdom of Nabara. The penalty for involvement in the slave trade is death, and if the King fails to provide justice and order under ma'at, the High Priests can order him to commit suicide. When a Roman slave ship wrecks off the coast of Nabara, peace is shattered. Ancient caravan routes and nomadic hunters are threatened by kidnappings, robbery, and murder, forcing Nabaran High King Amkar Kashta to invoke the power of the six-kingdom alliance that is Nudolla. Each member of the ruling families finds themselves thrust into the rising slave trade and the corruption of everything and everyone it touches. It is an adventure told from the secret sanctuaries of the desert fathers in the Scetes desert and the massive pyramids of Meroë to the Skeleton Coast and towards the Great Barrier Mountains of Apedemak. Here, kings and queens, princes and princesses, slave traders and gladiators, high priests and slaves, scribes and warriors, caravan robbers, and hermits collide under the thread that links them all - Captivity and Kings.

Website/Sample Chapters/Purchase

Please feel free to visit my website Of Captivity & Kings for more information, sample chapters and to find frequently asked questions. Click HERE to find the e-book and paperback at Amazon for purchase or to use the Look Inside feature to read the first chapters!

Have a great week!

PIC FOR SITE copy 2.png

• Like 1